• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Stuck with Muradin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Heey.. Im trying to make a campaign with Muradin Bronzebeard and what happened to him in northrend before he met Arthas but im kinda stuck:hohum:
id apreciate any ideas for it. at the moment he just got to northrend and he has been attacked by Undead and you have to create a city and destroy the undead before you can continue your quest to find Frostmourne. so if anybody has some ideas please HELP ME! and also let me know if the map has been done dont wanna waste my time:grin:

Level 10
I'd prefer using a start which shows muradins brothers. And then his relations with them and such. Then slowly it would tell about Muradin, who is he?, what does he do? like that. And after a while the story starts. Probably at Kirin Tor or Khaz Modan I'm not sure.

Level 15
Escape the troll island

Tell something about Bael Bronzebeard - muradins littlebrother, he wents back from lordearon after he helped Arthas dad (cant remember his name, isent it something about thiras?) on the way back hes captured by ice troll at the small islands west of Quelthalas (this might help: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/warlock/worldmap.gif) then muradin is taking to the isles whit a small army of dwarfes, and trying to safe him. That was the history, heres how you play it:
First you have to find him on the island, its not shown where he are so youll have to search, theres loads of small ice troll camps around the islands, and when a camp spot you, the ice troll town (where Bael is captured) will send reinforcements. This makes it very difficult sience you only got muradin and 23 small units (2 companys). is it a 1player map? if so, are you then using
maps which can be swiched between like in the TFT bonus campain?
If you do, i got an idea, if not, the chapter ends here whit a movie where teh brothers sail back to northrend.
The Idea: you get captured by the troll and dropped in a prison, now youll have too escape. Muradin and Bael are in the same cell, so breaking out isent a big deal, just smash the door (doors in wc3 isent really good, just look at all
those time you are trapped in a jail in the campains and just get out by destroying the gate xD). Now you have to complete alot of different task. ive got some ideas, but just use your own :):
First they have escape the prison (yup, they has to escape the WHOLE island ill explain later), theres alot of guards who are patrolling the prison, youll have to hide in the prison cells when a guard moves through. An idea could be to add some closed cells that muradin and his brotehr could destroy to obtain weapons and potions, not units. After they escaped the prison, a movie will start where you see a troll, looking in Muradin and Baels cell and yelling: THE PRISONERS HAS ESCAPED! then you see the two brothers and Bael says to Muradin that they better has to leave this damn island. Now you move around in the town, there will be trolls who patrol large areas at once (so you can get unseen out) u can take down 1-2 trolls at once but if theres 3 or more muradin or bael will die, and you has to start over again from the prison. When
finaly escaping the town a movie will start again where u see muradin and bael running out at the town, the cam fades so you dont have to see them run aaalll the way back to muradins ships. Now you has to flee from the troll ship in your own ship, the ship got special abilitys like Speed Burst and an abillity which slows the trolls ship, and so on. The troll ship are faster than yours so youll have to use the abillitys well sience the ship has a very slow mana regen. This is made in the seas between the 4-5 islands. Between some
islands theres tower which you musnt pass or they kill you (bael or muradin should say it when getting near the first "tower post". youll have to get out of the island colony whitout getting sunk, you can take 5 hits from the troll ship
which has a small range. Hope this idea could fix a part of your problems :)

Last edited:
Level 34
Hey dude, why not making a little campaign AFTER he died? :wink: He became undead and bla bla the same shit, he pillages cities and becomes a leader of undead (Forsaken) Dwarves or something, whatever. But hey it's the Idea Factory. :)

Level 2
Reskin them...thats simpel... some dead flesh, dirty beard, wracked clothing so on... Or if you cant ask someone to do it for you :cool: but undead dwarfs.. hmm.. think I already seen at least 5 models / skins with undead dwarfs.

I dont know how to skin or what programs you need to do it:hohum: tried looking in the model section but couldnt find any, and dont know how to put premade skins onto units =/

Level 35
I dont know how to skin or what programs you need to do it:hohum: tried looking in the model section but couldnt find any, and dont know how to put premade skins onto units =/

Well making skins is simple realy... first you get the wc3 viewer (free) then you get photoshop or similar, only importent thing is that it can use TGA files. Get Magos Model editor, and find the skin you need to change in the MPQ arcieve. Save as SKinname1 and then convert it from blp to TGA using wc3 Viewer. Then just paint it. Convert back and then find the part for the old skin (you can see it by opening the old skin in magos and then texture manager, propaties of the texture). Then import your blp skin to WE and give it the old skins part.

Level 2
Ive figured out how to skin.. but it takes alot of patience and im not exatly good at it :) ive tried reskinning muradin making him a bit darker with like grey skin and dark beard red eyes those sort of things.. if u got any ideas id like to hear them :)

Level 2
hmm.. im kinda focusing on the idea with telling after his death.. but i might finish the other one a later.. i was going to make it where he just arrives at Northrend and then untill he dies...

Level 2
When making campaigns about events that took place during ROC or TFT, it's always a lot of fun to make the characters in your campaign interact with characters from the series and be involved in as many of major situations that occured. It's also fun to fill in all the holes.

So I recommend that you start by clearly establishing why Muradin is on the quest for Frostmourne. Think of a clever reason that ties into other events.

Perhaps there can be a difficulty on the way to Northrend (plagues in outer Khaz Modan villages, or a quarrel with High elves that believe it a foolish idea to seek frostmourne, etc.)

Involve the Nerubians. Perhaps an early power struggle with the Nerubians which would foreshadow the later events (where the dwarves descend into Azjol'nerub)

Involve Muradin's brothers, and show how well liked he was back in his homeland. It would (as others previously mentioned) add an emotional attachment to Muradin, which would make it a more involving campaign.

Those are just some ideas I had now, if I think of anything else I'll make sure to post again.

Level 34
Why do we not make a twist in the RoC campaign? Like Muradin took Frostmourne and killed Arthas? Or he went back to his homeland somewhere in the mountains and didn't got killed? :) Would be fun, a Death Dwarf. =]

Lich King: Now we are.. ONE!
*Fusing shit and explosions*
Muradin the Lich King: Hey what the? I swear I had the correct guy!
Goddamnit! I can't sit on my throne!

Level 35
Why do we not make a twist in the RoC campaign? Like Muradin took Frostmourne and killed Arthas? Or he went back to his homeland somewhere in the mountains and didn't got killed? :) Would be fun, a Death Dwarf. =]

Lich King: Now we are.. ONE!
*Fusing shit and explosions*
Muradin the Lich King: Hey what the? I swear I had the correct guy!
Goddamnit! I can't sit on my throne!

Hahaha :grin: briliant idea.. but if he did so he would realy have to work hard on making it like that all way trhough... parodic is a hard thing to do good

Status
Not open for further replies.