• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King Arthur (arthas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
This is something I noticed recently, how much WC3 has a relation to the King Arthur story. Mainly RoC though, and the human parts, not so much TFT or any of the other races.
  • King Arthur = King Arthas. That's the big obvious one.
  • Uther = Uther Pendragon. Uther is Arthur/Arthas' father too.
  • Frostmourne = Excalibur. It's even stuck in a stone... but it's frozen xD
  • Merlin = Medivh.
  • Guinevere = Jaina...?
  • Morgan Le Fay = Kel'thuzad. Sure, male/female... but this just makes sense. Morgan changes from good to evil into a witch. Kel'thuzad changes from good to evil from a Dalaran student into a necromancer, and then into a lich.
  • Mordred = Illidan, Nerz'hul, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde... the list goes on. Kinda hard to tell.
  • Lancelot = Muradin Bronzebeard?

Level 12
i don't understand the Uther part, if your saing in RoC Uther was Arthas father then your wrong lol Uther isn't even related to Arthas.

Level 25
You're really grasping at straws. There's no real simularities between Uther Pendragon and Warcraft's Uther other than their names. Heck, Uther the Lightbringer played a role more similar to Merlin, in the role of a teacher or something, where as I don't even REMEMBER a mention of Uther Pendragon in any of the King Arthur stuff I've read

Oh, and Uther isn't Arthas' father

Also, Mordred is more similar to later Arthas rather than any of those random people who Arthas doesn't even fight at all, except Illidan, and that's after he becomes a Death Knight. Arthas was facing the Undead who were more of a leaderless force of evil, with him being seen as the sole force of good against an unstoppable tide of evil, or something

You're grasping at straws. Go analyse Star Wars using the Arthur mythos instead, its much easier

Level 5
Frostmourne is the incarntion of the Nerzuls energies....Far away from comparison to Excalibur. Also Arthas kills people...looses his soul...sides with an unholy army of death...becomes the lich king. The two stories are more oposites than comparisons.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Does someone care to drop a refresher about the King Arthur story? I know the beginning (man pulls sword from stone, man searches for knights, man makes round table) but not much more.

Thanks >.<

Level 25
actually, uther is related to arthas, hes his adopted uncle

Yeah, well he's still not his father. He kills his damn father

Muhahahaahaahahahahaha!:xxd::xxd::xxd:

Not good at making constructive posts, are you? I can see that the next time we meet, it won't end good for you

Does someone care to drop a refresher about the King Arthur story? I know the beginning (man pulls sword from stone, man searches for knights, man makes round table) but not much more.

Thanks >.<

That's pretty much it. They then go on all sorts of crazy adventures, Arthur gets married, his sister disguises herself as his wife, has sex with him, kid becomes Mordred, who eventually kills Arthur and so forth. Also, said sister is a powerful sorceress jealous of something or another

Oh, and something about someone lusting after Arthur's wife, but eh. That's the gist of it

Level 13
The only real similarity between Arthur and Arthas is the first four letters of their names. That's about it.

Mecheon said:
That's pretty much it. They then go on all sorts of crazy adventures, Arthur gets married, his sister disguises herself as his wife, has sex with him, kid becomes Mordred, who eventually kills Arthur and so forth. Also, said sister is a powerful sorceress jealous of something or another

So the tale of King Arthur is one of adventure, incest, murder, and jealousy?

Huh. Surprised no one's made a Soap Opera of the guy.

Level 4
arthas = ebul dark lord man
frostmourne = "the one ring"(grants untold power but makes you ebul)
uther = just a good oldman
azeroth is mentioned as a southern kingdom = gondor, which is also the southern kingdom who faces the most frequent strifes(like azeroth during wc1-wc2).. so azeroth is most likely based on gondor

so i'd say their more based on lotr

Level 13
I wouldn't be surprised. Whenever a fantasy game is made you can bet you're going to find something similar to LOTR. Nearly every fantasy game draws from it in some way.

Level 4
Guys as far as originality goes, you can't do it easally today. A country is under attack contantly *makes for a good midevil game with lots of violence*

orcs, elves, dwarves ,gnomes, dragons etc... will be found in allmost all fantasy based places because it's those races that make it Fantasy and not Fiction.
*fantasy IS fiction, but you know what i mean*
A king, prince, hero, betraying the people he loved. *yay drama!*
said betraying king/prince/hero kills an important member of his family or a mentor... *sets the part that he's evil in stone*

A magical weapon (duh) infused with great powers *generally light or darkness*

I can go on forever. Basically what i'm trying to say is, as long as a story is in a genre, it will have similarities with other books in its genre. *circular logic*

Genre is how you catagorize books that are alike and similar! Dont be suprised if the same *good* idea is used twice to make it like the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.