• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A curiosity about the lore (Fall of Silvermoon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In the Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos undead campaign "fall of Silvermoon" Sylvanas approaches your base early on when you start, and Kel'thuzad mentions that Sylvanas reminds him of Arthas (of course in a all knowing tone) and that they are both persistent.
Now this could be just a little poke at a rivalry of a female undead leader and the male undead leader or some extra lore that was added if Blizzard wanted to do some more character building but I wondered if it could connect to WoW? Since a lot of things have been redconned and mostly (or everything we know of) from Warcraft 3 lore has already been covered that this is some little bit that could mean more in the larger Warcraft universe perspective?
The connection would be that in current WoW lore sylvanas is trying to survive or doesn't want to and of course disliked the Arthas a lot because of what he did to her, and in the story she (maybe not anymore) seemed like she was getting closer to just a Horde equivalent of the Lich King (such as trying to resurrect more undead) and some further stuff in the books that I haven't read but heard about like Sylvanas experiencing death when jumping off ice crown and realizing it was a terrible experience to be in!
"
Sylvanas Windrunner: Did you forget about us, you wretches? Bash'a no falor talah! ("Taste the chill of true death!")
Kel'Thuzad: She is persistent. Reminds me of you, death knight.
Arthas: Shut up, you damned ghost."
-from Wowpedia

It's unlikely but it came as a pleasant surprise when I realized what Kel'thuzad mentioned

Sorry if this thread could be in a better position but I believe it would fit the general Warcraft Town Hall (not just WoW but the general Warcraft universe, such as a possibility of warcraft 4)

Level 20
You mean that someone might point out to Sylvanas that she is very much like Arthas?

It has happened already. There was this scene between Garrosh and Sylvanas when the former called her out on being very similar to the Lich King.
Even though, since the next WoW expansion is very faction centric, we might totally get something similar from another character.

And as for the general plot of Sylvanas going bonkers - it's definetely a possibility, though I doubt Blizzard will consider killing off another Horde Warchief anytime soon.

Level 8
You mean that someone might point out to Sylvanas that she is very much like Arthas?

It has happened already. There was this scene between Garrosh and Sylvanas when the former called her out on being very similar to the Lich King.
Even though, since the next WoW expansion is very faction centric, we might totally get something similar from another character.

And as for the general plot of Sylvanas going bonkers - it's definetely a possibility, though I doubt Blizzard will consider killing off another Horde Warchief anytime soon.
Yeah it already happened in Silverpine forest but I would like to see Blizzard take her like they did to arthas but her actually succeeding or something. I guess all of this already happened and I just want them to milk it out a bit more?

Level 20
You want Sylvanas to become Arthas 2.0 and win? It won't happen as long WoW is around - if they did to Sylvanas what they did to Arthas, she'd become a villain and I have very serious doubts that Blizzard has balls to make a villain actually defeat the players (though personally, I think it would be very cool and refreshing to have us lose to someone, retreat somewhere and lick our wounds to retaliate later).

Also, I'm not quite sure I like the idea of them turning one of their strongest characters into a basically copy of another character. I prefer Sylvanas the way she is - still dark and a taking it a bit too far, but not evil per se like Arthas.

Reactions: pyf
Level 8
You want Sylvanas to become Arthas 2.0 and win? It won't happen as long WoW is around - if they did to Sylvanas what they did to Arthas, she'd become a villain and I have very serious doubts that Blizzard has balls to make a villain actually defeat the players (though personally, I think it would be very cool and refreshing to have us lose to someone, retreat somewhere and lick our wounds to retaliate later).

Also, I'm not quite sure I like the idea of them turning one of their strongest characters into a basically copy of another character. I prefer Sylvanas the way she is - still dark and a taking it a bit too far, but not evil per se like Arthas.
I agree but I think I meant that I wanted Sylvanas to have a large a role as arthas in the lore, like leaving a large print on the world (good or bad) but the more I think about it the more reasons that show that it already happened or is happening or already glossed over becomes clear to me. Since she already is a leader of a large faction and the horde but when I replayed the campaign ( "as one does") Kel'thuzad mentioning that intrigued me even though we already know of what happens in w3 later and in WoW but for an odd reason I thought he could've meant something else that she is destined to succeed as much as arthas since she reminds him of arthas but it already happened and that is what I meant by maybe me wanting Blizzard "milk out the lore" a bit more but then again it would be a bad idea to have a lich queen! Which sounds sort of dumb.

So yeah I agree with you wanting her to remain as she is now rather than becoming something like another character when she is already a strong a impacting character in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.