• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my King Arthur campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
as said previously in another thread i am planning 2 make a campaign about the Legend of king Arthur. only a the names and heroes and the castle Camelot and the sword excalibur will be from original story. the story line, many characters, the enemies of camelot (exept mordred) r invented by me.

Places
Western Lands (western continent, moslty wildand, woods, plain and a desert in the south with a few oasis), Middlelands (central continent, alias *The Kingdom*, continent where the Dwarven kingdom, and the game's capital places are, populated by nearly any kind of living exept undead), Arctos Continent (northern continent, mostly snow frozen snow plains and blightlands, all evil *headquarters* r there and 1 harbour town from the good side, continent of the evil faction, mostly populated by undead), Sunrise Peninsula (neighboor continent of Middle-Lands, eastern continent, mostly desert, mixed human, orc, troll, tauren and partly Nelf population), Southsea Isle (long-stretched island south of Middle-Lands, mostly jungle, mainly populated by trolls and nagas), Lava Island (small island south of Western Lands, mainly has a large volcano, a little bit of jungle and very few troll and naga population) .

Heroes
King Arthur, Lady Igraine (love-friend of Uther Pendragon, birth-mother of Arthur), King Uther Pandragon (father of Arthur, King of Middlelands), Sir Hector (adopt father of Arthur and friend of Merlin), Kay (son of Sir Hector, like Arthur's brother), Merlin (the wise, old wizard of Middlelands), Lord Cornwall (only mentioned by name, father of Lady Igraine), Knight of the Round Table (all with *Sir* prefix in their names, Lancelot, Callahan, Ywain, Gawain, Parcical, Caradoc, later Kay too, Callegant and Pelleas), Marshall Dugan (battlemaster of king uther and later of arthur), Morgan le Fay (evil witch, arch-enemy of Merlin and spy of the undead), Lord Mordred (evil knight, *killer* of arthur, agent of the undead forces), the Essences (Elementir - fire-frost-earth-air elemental god, the Fear, the Darkness, the Death, the Life, the Hope, the Light, the Undeath), Void Lord Aradosh (king of the Void and the Ageless Fallen cult), the Avarok (uppest necromancer and shadow wizard), Imhotep (lord of the *insect kind* undead called *The Hive*), Lycos (alpha of the Werewolfs), Baron Victor Bloodred (vampire leader), King Mabos (king of the dwarfes), Sarakim (warchief and head of orcs), Zumba and Zulu'da (tribal chiefs of the trolls), Minaur (lord of the tauren), Tradesman Kizarik (goblin lord of the Gold Colony). and Lady Guinevere (wife of King arthur)

No more revealings for the beginning!

Level 4
It sounds like an interesting campaign. I like the way you're weaving Warcraft and King Arthur elements into the story together. It sounds like you really know your King Arthur lore as well. You might want to run through your text to fix some misspellings and make it a bit easier and more enjoyable to read (adding bold, color and larger text for titles).

Anyway, this sounds like a campaign I would really like to play. Have you started making the actual campaign/map(s) for it yet? And do you think there may be some type of demo map in the near future?

Level 5
Please try to improve your grammar. Especially when adding capitals and don't use silly abbreviations like 2 for to. It makes it hard to take you seriously.

I'm going to be brutally honest, why are you corrupting the story of King Arthur with goblins, dwarves, undead and many other things that don't fit the original myth and legends? Writing your own story is great but why are you using an old treasured story as a base? All you are really doing is tacking a well known name on your campaign and copying elements you like.

I'd say either recreate the story in WC3 or make a totally original plot.

Level 8
wow Perry just let him make his map, people are making lord of the rings maps and creating things that were not in the books? yet you do not criticize them? Is it because you love the story of king arthur so much, that you are jelous that he is trying to make is own campaign? but you will probably give me some BS answer and tell me to fix my grammer, just let the man make his own maps..

Level 3
wow Perry just let him make his map, people are making lord of the rings maps and creating things that were not in the books? yet you do not criticize them? Is it because you love the story of king arthur so much, that you are jelous that he is trying to make is own campaign? but you will probably give me some BS answer and tell me to fix my grammer, just let the man make his own maps..

you said it

Level 5
Your grammar is mostly fine, I don't see how asking someone to be more concise and clear is a bad thing.

And no, I do not hold the King Arthur story close to my heart, mostly because it's actually all these different stories from other various mythologies and legends of invading countries that actually ended up making it.

The difference between the two projects I recently comments on I thought was obvious.

The new LotR project is trying to not just follow the "journey of the ring" if you will, but also bring in a lot of the great lore of middle-earth into it. Now at a glance if you want to create a map/mod that allows people to follow the main plot and explore all this great back story, an ORPG is the obvious choice. I was merely pointing out to the creators why I personally think it would benefit from being a regular RPG with a lot of ORPG elements in it. It would also give the project some uniqueness I felt.

Also I don't mind if they make things not in the books, change some things to fit the medium and perhaps expand on certain plots because nothing so far seems to be heading in an 'outlandish' direction. I can see they have a great respect for the material but one also needs to encourage them to present the material in a way that fits the medium of video games and a WW3 map/mod, in which case there are going to be some changes and maybe even possible expansions in terms of plot.

For King Arthur from what I see is of course an expansion and changes in the story.I would be ok with that, however so far it isn't keeping the spirit of the original material. Adding vampires and tauren just really doesn't fit the original material of King Arthur and I'm really wondering why on earth he made that decision. I think he would be better off either doing a much closer adaption to King Arthur, or develop an original plot to fit the world he's creating.

I don't understand why you seem to feel smoopa that I'm telling him to stop making his map the way he wants to. All I have done is express my opinion, and in my opinion he would have better luck changing the premise of his project. I made it fairly clear this was my opinion in the post and was not the absolute definitive answer. It was just criticism and was in no way a provocative attack.

Your post however borders on a provocative attack and in the future I would appreciate a much less aggressive tone if you disagree with me.

Level 8
i do disagree with you, you said "I don't understand why you seem to feel smoopa that I'm telling him to stop making his map the way he wants to.", i've seen enough people trying to hijack peoples maps they are trying to create, i personally think this campaign will be great, my two favorite stories combined.

Level 5
i do disagree with you, you said "I don't understand why you seem to feel smoopa that I'm telling him to stop making his map the way he wants to.", i've seen enough people trying to hijack peoples maps they are trying to create, i personally think this campaign will be great, my two favorite stories combined.
I'm not trying to "hijack" his map. I'm simply offering my opinion on it.

The quests will only be about the time of th fellowship, i meant that the lore from the past will be mentioned in books and maybe some quest and prehapes showed in some cinamatics but not played.
I must have misunderstood, I thought you were covering a lot more.

Please try to improve your grammar. Especially when adding capitals and don't use silly abbreviations like 2 for to. It makes it hard to take you seriously.

I'm going to be brutally honest, why are you corrupting the story of King Arthur with goblins, dwarves, undead and many other things that don't fit the original myth and legends? Writing your own story is great but why are you using an old treasured story as a base? All you are really doing is tacking a well known name on your campaign and copying elements you like.

first of all sorry for the *shortcuts* like 2 and such things, i am just used to them from world of warcraft and other games' chats. i rly that you make that honest criticism on my ideas of the map (though not all of it is positive) but i actually thought of making a campaign that contains elements of the King Arthur legend/myth and some of the warcraft game (like goblins and undead). making just a kig arthur story is for me a little bit of like making a film-kind game about a historical thing. and than i would have to use things and places names like Avalon, England and coz my knowledge about the details and the whole plot of arthur are not that well, i thought of making a partly new story (coz this is partly an original idea, and i wanted to avoid spreading wrong facts about the actual myth). as for the credit's map i will tell in it what was from the *real* king arthur legend (coz there are many different storys, myths, legends and sagas about him) and what was own fiction. don't worry, i will write everything in the credtits map (actually it will rather be a cinematic than a play-able map) to avoid mythology-plagiarism :xxd: .....and by the way (btw) i am rly thankfull to you that you made this sort of criticism coz it made me attentive of what i should say at the end.

for tho others of you i must tell you a good and a bad thing about this campaign.

the bad thing is that i must announce a delay. the campaign won't be finished before (approximatly) start of august. the reason is that i have to finish my Angmar (LOTR) campaign first (details of it are posted in another thread). :sad:

the good thing is that i will be done with the trial version of this campaign in the next 3 weeks (it will be VERY briefly to avoid revealing to much about the actual project).

Sorry for the looong posts. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.