• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Suggestions, more coming later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Your friendly neighborhood Nighty_Elven and Elimination Addict here.

Crouch: Reaload time on weapons is 50% Higher but you hve a 60% Evasion for 15 seconds, Stamina cost is 40

Fix Rocket Launcher: Whenever i play with my cousin we end up using track and firing through walls to take eachother out with the rocket, i think it either needs a shorter range or it shouldnt shoot through walls.

Hide: Cannot fire weapon for 10 seconds, Invisable, Moving cancels the effect.

Larger map: Areas you can go up too, like second floors or hiding spots above ground.

Binoculars needs a longer time to last or it needs a shorter cooldown.

Would love to beta test new versions, signin out.

PS: Good job on the laser, works well.

Level 5
Crouch: Good idea... But maybe higher damage instead of evasion? Like you crouch to get better accuracy?

Rocket Launcher: Yes i have totally reworked it and its edits will come with the 3rd release. It now flies straight forward, dealing no damage in its path, but explodes in a large explosion when it collides with a wall. This means the rocket launcher can only damage enemies by splashing into a wall.

Hmm the binoculars are meant to give you a sneak peak on the area, you shouldnt be able to fire while casting it. Maybe i should stun the unit (or pause it) while it is casting binoculars, simulating that its looking through them? I could also make so you cant use binoculars through walls... They probably need a total rework!

Level 5
I did have that before, i think you even played that version. But, when i removed the locked camera and such things, i wanted the binocular to be something easy to use, just use over a wall and u see the area ^^

Maybe i should remove it and add some sort of invulnerable "camera-car" that works just like the POTM skill "scout"

Level 14
How about a melee weapon like energy blade? It could have a flat splash to simulate a horizontal slashing motion. Very high damage but long cooldown and there is a very short range (it is a sword you know.

Maybe actually gaining levels from kills? Like 1 kill = 1 level. You might get minor things like 2% movespeed or like 6 points to get 10% faster reload? I dont know im really tired... hmm maybe learn new abilities like rolling further or cooling down faster? Lower mana costs from a skill?

Bug: You can roll through walls. Roll + Shotgun + Surprise eaquals dead enemy. Also equals a leaver saying you hack. I think you should remove this bug but for now I will abuse it because is funny. :twisted:

Level 5
Mm and roll has been changed in the new version that is released in a day or 2, so you can only roll through terrain that is same heigh (or lower) as you started rolling on.

About energy blade: I did have a close combat attack before (unarmed, u had it if u dropped your pistol) but because it looks extremly ugly when you have the shooting animation and call it a close combat attack, i skipped it. If somebody can add a slash animation with the rifleman, i would gladly add a close combat weapon =)

Level 14
'Maybe actually gaining levels from kills? Like 1 kill = 1 level. You might get minor things like 2% movespeed or like 6 points to get 10% faster reload? I dont know im really tired... hmm maybe learn new abilities like rolling further or cooling down faster? Lower mana costs from a skill? '

That thing. Getting skill points from kills to increase power of skills your unit has or get stats like reload time,evasion, and lower mana costs. Maybe even + Move speed.

Level 14
Jump would be nice, use correctly and you can dodge attacks. Like give the unit a raising hight value then declining hight value + silence like effect so you cant use other skills, stun so you cant move (or slow for moving a short range) and finally immunity to some attacks like only be hit by the circle splash guns: RL or any other circle target you make. Grenade? I think that counts...

Level 5
Jumping skills is extremly hard to make realistic, since the model doesnt have any jump animation. It would look like the stopped model suddenly stopped and started hovering, which doesnt look so nice.

I did have a shield before, that made you invulnerable for about 3 seconds (using shield = deflecting all incoming shots for 3 seconds). But i removed it because it didnt really make you invul when u clicked, but alil after.

Status
Not open for further replies.