1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Warcraft] My Return And SotDRP News

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Saken, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am back on Warcraft III. My computer is a little iffy, so I won't be playing many games, but I assure you all that I'm back to work on terraining more roleplaying maps. I will be on East and West.

• East = Saken
    • West = Bel.Saken
    • Northrend = Saken (The prick who stole my name on Northrend forgot to keep it alive.)

I won't be on as often as I used to be, due to my inability to actually run any good games when on Warcraft, so I'll mainly stick to chit-chat and terraining.

Update on SotDRP:

Lord-Anarki/Narks and his branch of SotDRP are continuing the SotDRP series on their own. They are incorporating many old terrains for their new and upcoming versions, many but not including Vanguard 1.03a (Beta). They will most likely rename Yag-Sinekas to Vanguardian or something along those lines, so for those of you who like that trashed version of Vanguard, it's all yours.

As for SotDRPX, or the other half of the SotDRP team who branched off, which includes 13lackcat, Jakku, Weyrling, and myself, we're sort of not even working on SotDRPX at all. As much as I know, I'm the only one still working on it. 13lackcat is busy with college, as is Jakku. I don't know much about Weyrling, but he is quite busy as well as I can imagine.

I'm working on one terrain at the moment, called Requiem. It's basically 10 times better then Vanguard, and probably will be the best terrain for a while until either I top it, or someone else comes along. Vanguard was my very first terrain, and it was just a learning experience. Requiem is around 80% done terrain wise and still needs a lot of fine tuning, but it's so much more open-eneded for stories, building, and is generally just a lot better.

It uses the Ashenvale tileset, incorporates many different enviroments including mountains, forests, jungles, swamps, plains, hills, fields, valleys, canyons, ruins, barrens, beaches, caves, swamps, rivers, and uses both cliffs and height raised hills/mountains. It still lacks the major swamp and jungle, a big portion of the barren/ruin covered mountains, finished interiors, and another island.

As for future terrains I'm working on, I've thought about making a lordaeron tile-set one with a half underground world and a half above ground world, it's still only an idea as of now. I've also got another pretty near-finished terrain that was given to me by an old friend, but it needs a lot of refining to make it up to par with what I expect out of myself and what is expected by many others who are so harsh to critisize me, when they're unable to do anything close to have as good as what I can make.

I've also got one that's almost done, but it needs interiors and a lot of fine tuning and detail work. A friend gave it to me to make it roleplayable, for it was intended to be an Epic map sized AoS, though the project was turned down due to my friend being the WoW Whore that he is... he abandoned it and handed it over to me. It'll be split down the middle, diagonally, half grassy and full of life, where the other half is blighted and filled with dead stuff. A lot of this terrain will have pre-made things, simply because it'll be an experimental terrain for me to use. I plan on keeping the name my friend had, Serronade of Entropy.

I'm also helping out Clan Bel with some terraining.

Anyways, I'm back. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  2. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is the fact that Requiem is going to be better make it more laggy? With more doodads and terraining?

3. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No, if you were ever a fan of Philospher, that had the most doodads for any roleplaying map to date, with over 17k doodads, and I've never come close to using that many. Doodad count contributes very little to the lag, it's more of the model content, triggers, and the combined use of it all. Not to mention your own connection and the host's...

4. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, thanks for the information.

5. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can get lag in World Editor if you use too much doodads, but not in game.

6. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    True. It takes 10-15 minutes just to open up Vanguard 1.04c, (The final and unreleased version.) which is including the 9-10k doodads and all the triggers, which add a lot more to the load time then doodads.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  7. Bel

Bel

Resources:
    Resources:
    10x? more like 50x I've seen it. it's beautiful.

8. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thankyou. Slowly but surely, it's coming along.

9. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry to double post, but I've got more news.

Lord-Anarki and I quite possibly may work out our differences and obvious dislike for each other to continue making SoTDRP.

10. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    can't wait, i've always been a fan of vanguard.

11. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That would be great!

12. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Apparently I was mis-informed. The 'Lord-Anarki' I was speaking to was a fake who has taken the account names "Narks" and "Lord-Anarki" on West, and the account name, "Lord-Anarki" on East. This imposter also goes by the names, "LeperGnome" and "LepeGnomeSoTDRP". I spoke to the real Narks on East.

This only changes the chances of SotDRP being released anytime soon. I am still terraining though on the before mentioned maps when I get some free/creative time.

13. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, absolute best of luck to you. Never been much of a fan of SotDRP though, honestly I think I'd rather play the old DoBRP maps or Vuen's and obviously my own but I'm not here to promote.

Anyway I think I played on the Requiem map (if it was it then its much better than Vanguard was), pretty sure some Clan leaked it with a bunch of bogus WoW ripped models.
    And would it be too much to ask to replace the custom models you do have with some that are actually useful rather than just random hero models?

14. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Meh. All I want is that selection bug is removed. I don't care about anything else tbh. >.>

15. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no leaked version of my map. I can guarantee that.

Honestly I miss the old DoBRP maps too. DoBRP5 - Ice was one of my all time favorites.
    Vuen's is just terrible for building, in fact all DnD's are terrible for building so they're useless to me as I find more joy in building then actual roleplaying. I can try and fix up the heros, but I was never in charge of that stuff. That was all 13lackcat.

16. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    lol I'd personally say my DnD is better than sotdrp at building, though I haven't experimented with the limits of sotdrp I suppose. But in my map you can paint water in game :p beat that one!
    Vuen's is admittadly horrible at building, but I made sure to include things like changing facing angles of buildings and what not in my own map... My dnd definetly isn't perfect though, in fact going through as we speak and cleaning up and making things working far better. Thought I knew alot about World Editor, well I learned a hell of alot more alot while making it haha.
    And admittedly using any of the sweet features I have would require reading through the quest list, and my map only supports one player acting as "DM" at the moment.

Sorry, but saying all DnDs are terrible at building just offended me lol.

17. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Didn't weyr/cat made anti-selection bug thing already?

18. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am unaware of your DnD. What is the name of it?

And Weyrling found out how to fix the selection bug with a one line trigger.

19. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well... Terrain made - c/p triggers on that terrain? And done?

20. Duke Nukem

Duke Nukem

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think it will be that easy. It's definitely got more to it than just that. Importing the custom models and placing the many shops would take some time. And I'm sure they are going to add some new things maybe. Small new things, but still that will take some time ...

I personally like D&D just as much as SotDRP.