1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Warcraft] My Return And SotDRP News

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Saken, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Illidan crash only works on Evil Illidan, normal illidan doesn't crash. It's pretty easy to fix, you just remove Metamorphosis ability from Evil Illidan.

There is however another crash... peasant and townhall thingy...

2. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Meh, NewGen is giving me the destructible limit as well.

3. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    you have to enable the no limits, try clicking on one of the new tabs on the top and look for "disable all limits" i forgot what tab its on

4. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's Grimoire.

5. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, thanks again.

6. DrPepper1

DrPepper1

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks damn good, can't wait for it.
    I'll try to stick to SotDRPX when it comes out too.

7. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    May not be named SotDRPX, may be, not sure. Though I got NewGen working and the bottom left jungle is coming along. I had a lot of free time lately, but decided to go partying instead of terraining, so screw you all. xD

Bottom left waterfall area is also almost done, then I'll do the swamp. New screen shots of Requiem will eventually ve posted up in my Requiem album. For other SotDRP roleplaying/building screenshots, there have been a lot more of mine uploaded into my Creations album. (For those of you who like my cities and such.)

8. Jak-The-Ripper

Jak-The-Ripper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saken, howabout (r)SotDRP. It looks cool, and it means Revisited.

9. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't really find it that appealling. And I'mnnot hijacking SotDRP, I want to carry on and retain whatever glory it ever had/still has.

10. Legion87

Legion87

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need a terrainer?

11. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Saken is the terrainer. ^^

12. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes. I am one of the terrainers. Jakku is still around, just busy with college. Like I said I believe on the first page Jakku has three terrains in the works, as do I. One of which, Vanguard, a finished version, is one of the terrains that has yet to be seen by the public.

Then there is my biggest project, Requiem, which will blow away all other roleplaying terrains currently out by its simplistic yet sophisticated beauty through my rapidly growing skills and techniques used in the editor. Also since I'm using NewGen's editor, I'll be able to surpass any limits set by the older and outdated editor I used, WEU.

Oh, and I also have another terrain that was intended to be a 256x256 AoS a friend of mine wanted to make, but since he's now addicted to WoW he's handed the map over to me for refining and eventual release as a roleplaying map.

I don't want to be the one to say, "Yeah come terrain for SotDRP!" Since I don't want to trouble Blackcat or Jakku by just opening up doors for anyone since I'm not the leader of anything, despite my current position of being the only active one around now.

My best advice I can give is just terrain to your heart's content and if you want you can show it to myself or perhaps Jakku if he's able to view it as well. We'll let you know what needs to be changed/fixed/redone, or if it's fine as is. Though most likely not because nothing ever gets done 100% perfect.

13. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update!

So if anyone checks my 'SotDRP - Requiem' album on my profile, you'll notice I'm basically near completion for the terrain.

As of now, I'm stuck on trying to get my finished version of Vanguard fixed so that I can simply export all the data and triggers into Requiem. Once that is done, I'll need to go back and adjust every single custom edited doodad and destructible, because when I import all of the Vanguard data, most likely my data for Requiem will get messed up.

Should be a quick fix though, or I could just do as I did in my finished Vanguard and I could just copy and paste sections into the map from a back-up Requiem terrain and easily help myself from spending hours individually editing every doodad and destructible that was changed, which I must say is a lot.

Also, the final doodad count as of right now is either 14,100, or 14,200.

Finally able to open the map in the editor, tweaking things so hopefully it will be able to be found in my game list when I try to host it and test it out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  14. Insincerity

Insincerity

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hurry up, I can't even get games started anymore.

15. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rushing won't help. ^^

16. Saken

Saken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, I'm pretty much in need of a whole new trigger set for my maps. For some reason the versions of my Vanguard that I had that should've been unprotected were protected and since I've moved and use a different computer, I pretty much can't do anything and I'm left with these two maps that can't be released. I tried de-protecting my finished Vanguard but it condensed all the triggers into one, which is still screwed up by the 1.24 patch. I'm still looking around for some solutions, but that's what I have for right now.

Also, I may have found some old, OLD, terrains of mine, so quite possibly with a lot of refining and a lot more finishing touches, I have around three to four other terrains that could be made into roleplaying maps.

17. Jak-The-Ripper

Jak-The-Ripper

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you want, I could completely recreate SotDRP commands, but that would take time, and we`d have to plan a lot. That way, we also can`t get shit for 'stealing' other peoples stuff. That would also allow us to make the syntax for commands much cooler.

Get on MSN?

18. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Jak, perhaps you don't know - Triggers from Deprotected map cannot be recovered or repaired.

And creating everything from new would take year or two.

19. Jak-The-Ripper

Jak-The-Ripper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps you didn`t know, but I have all the SotDRP triggers on my Desktop. And I mean really unprotected, like, never gone through the optimizer. The only problem is that USWME and Return Bug has fucked them up beyond repair, even after fixing all the typecasting, it`s still retarded.

And it wouldn`t take that long with vJASS.

20. Azeroc

Azeroc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yea? Are they like put in one big pile and have random letter variables?