• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Return And SotDRP News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yes. I am one of the terrainers. Jakku is still around, just busy with college. Like I said I believe on the first page Jakku has three terrains in the works, as do I. One of which, Vanguard, a finished version, is one of the terrains that has yet to be seen by the public.

Then there is my biggest project, Requiem, which will blow away all other roleplaying terrains currently out by its simplistic yet sophisticated beauty through my rapidly growing skills and techniques used in the editor. Also since I'm using NewGen's editor, I'll be able to surpass any limits set by the older and outdated editor I used, WEU.

Oh, and I also have another terrain that was intended to be a 256x256 AoS a friend of mine wanted to make, but since he's now addicted to WoW he's handed the map over to me for refining and eventual release as a roleplaying map.

I don't want to be the one to say, "Yeah come terrain for SotDRP!" Since I don't want to trouble Blackcat or Jakku by just opening up doors for anyone since I'm not the leader of anything, despite my current position of being the only active one around now.

My best advice I can give is just terrain to your heart's content and if you want you can show it to myself or perhaps Jakku if he's able to view it as well. We'll let you know what needs to be changed/fixed/redone, or if it's fine as is. Though most likely not because nothing ever gets done 100% perfect.

Level 12
Update!

So if anyone checks my 'SotDRP - Requiem' album on my profile, you'll notice I'm basically near completion for the terrain.

As of now, I'm stuck on trying to get my finished version of Vanguard fixed so that I can simply export all the data and triggers into Requiem. Once that is done, I'll need to go back and adjust every single custom edited doodad and destructible, because when I import all of the Vanguard data, most likely my data for Requiem will get messed up.

Should be a quick fix though, or I could just do as I did in my finished Vanguard and I could just copy and paste sections into the map from a back-up Requiem terrain and easily help myself from spending hours individually editing every doodad and destructible that was changed, which I must say is a lot.

Also, the final doodad count as of right now is either 14,100, or 14,200.

Finally able to open the map in the editor, tweaking things so hopefully it will be able to be found in my game list when I try to host it and test it out.

Last edited:
Level 12
So, I'm pretty much in need of a whole new trigger set for my maps. For some reason the versions of my Vanguard that I had that should've been unprotected were protected and since I've moved and use a different computer, I pretty much can't do anything and I'm left with these two maps that can't be released. I tried de-protecting my finished Vanguard but it condensed all the triggers into one, which is still screwed up by the 1.24 patch. I'm still looking around for some solutions, but that's what I have for right now.

Also, I may have found some old, OLD, terrains of mine, so quite possibly with a lot of refining and a lot more finishing touches, I have around three to four other terrains that could be made into roleplaying maps.

Level 4
If you want, I could completely recreate SotDRP commands, but that would take time, and we`d have to plan a lot. That way, we also can`t get shit for 'stealing' other peoples stuff. That would also allow us to make the syntax for commands much cooler.

Get on MSN?

Level 4
Perhaps you didn`t know, but I have all the SotDRP triggers on my Desktop. And I mean really unprotected, like, never gone through the optimizer. The only problem is that USWME and Return Bug has fucked them up beyond repair, even after fixing all the typecasting, it`s still retarded.

And it wouldn`t take that long with vJASS.

Level 12
All and all, hopefully Jak will be able to quickly and accuratly recreate these triggers from scratch wth added features and of course possible new commands, and of course new models for heros, units, and buildings. As of now, I'm fixing the last piece of Vanguard's terrain, while Jak works on creating the triggers on Requiem.

My next update will include a list of some new models that will be used, as I don't want to give away all of the suspense before its release.

Level 4
Tally-Hoe, I feel so special now.

I`m also going to be releasing some really kinky new commands. The first, and only one I`m giving away, is the ability to produce fade filters in game.

Level 12
Me personally will probably never get Starcraft 2, I think Jakku told me he was wanting to get Starcraft 2, and I also believe 13lackcat is wanting to get it as well. I'm just not a futuristic-type game player, even if with the Galaxay Editor, surely not everything will be sci-fi oriented, but if I'm playing anything with units or weapons like that, it better be a first person shooter, and not an RTS.

And thanks Steel, do you still dabble around in making maps or anything yourself now days?

Level 4
Alright, here's the deal. My computer that was working with Requiem was a piece of shit, and I almost lost the map. Luckily, I backed up a few copies, and so I do have part of the triggering. We're sort of back to having Spawn, a few basic commands, and some betas.

Sorry about this. Also, sorry to Saken, I haven't been very active.

Level 4
Alright, spawn system is almost done, and the OOC and that crap is all done. The longest part of the waiting time will be just compiling all the units and crap, but I`m using ObjectMerger.

Level 12
Update!

In my profile, I've uploaded a picture of the new and improved Vanguard. Yes it still looks terrible from the above screen shot, but I promise you I've greatly improved it.

Left side, expanded.
Top side, expanded.
Right side, now has a boundary.
Interiors, 18 new ones including fixed column rooms. (For some reason the screenshot doesn't show all interior walls, but they're there.)
Click Spawn Area, Now includes a terrain pallete for you to sample all of the terrain tiles used in the map.
Bottom middle islands, all connected now, and the bottom middle one is now completely re-done and is more useable.
Top right desert, replaced the crappy cliff fortress with canyons and plataeus making it actually suitable for building.
Top left, expanded the areas there for bigger castles which everyone seems to love building, and added another plataeu.
Top middle, expanded and now has more room to actually build things, including severa base locations on plataeus.
Bottom right island, now has more room to build on.
Bottom left island, now has more room to build on.
Spawners now start off in the ocean away from everything.
Items, 60 new items, where almost all of them are basic items that were never included in the game that should have been in the first place.
Units, I've added a couple new units, and fixed past broken ones. (I.E. Elder Vampire had 2hp.)
Shops, there are more item and unit shops to choose all of which I've made. So there are no secret items/units/heros.
Spells, I've added about 9 very simple spells that can upgrade for those of you who like to play summoner-type heros.

There will be more items, units, heros, and custom spells as I get the rest of the game completed, but this is what this version of Vanguard has thus far, and I can promise you more quality models will be put in as well to better incorporate commonly played roles/types of heros, and I'll also make sure to have more weaponless models as well for even more customization.

Level 12
May I ask a estimate about a date of release?

Saken said:
There is no estimate. Pretty much it will be done when it will be done. Sorry about that.

These are only terrain updates, these maps are still triggerless due to the 1.24 patch destroying all of the roleplaying maps triggers. Sorry for that, but I'm working on trying to get someone to trigger for me. Jak-The-Ripper may not be cut out for this huge and daunting task, so he's talking with a mod from here who apparently already has a whole RP system built, and he apparently is in need of a terrainer, so we're just thinking of completing this puzzle combining my terrains, and Jakku's once he refines his older maps some, combined with this guy's triggers to make possibly an entirely new roleplaying series. So this may be the end of SotDRP made by Jakku and I, but don't think of it as the end, but a new beginning, a better roleplaying series.

Level 5
Well that's an old map, and it was made by Symmetry, you're correct, though it had no relation to any of the actual map makers from SotDRP. And as I know, it crashes when you play it, or try playing it.

i've played a version of it, that didn't crash. it's basically a barrens with ashenvale tileset slaped onto it and some doodad changes, with a bunch of WoW imports.

Level 12
Tile, not watertint Azeroc, lol.

You have to have red type terrain on, then you have to use your spawner's tool kit, and use sample terrain, then you place it using one of the three sizes to place it on the map.

And SotDRP maps have been uploaded onto the Hive, but have been removed I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.