• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map Bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
my map was bugged.. i use normal W.E.. then, i use JNGP... my map bugged ... any solution? sometimes the doodad can't be seen, so do unit.. the tinting color also changed randomly.. help me pls..

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_031212_115114_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_031212_115114_03.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 115
Uhh... That is a really weird problem. I suggest that you have someone else try your map to see if they have the same problem.

Are you sure it only happens with that map? It could be your Warcraft III. Have someone try it, and if they do not get that problem, then I recommend a reinstallation of Warcraft III. (don't forget to backup your maps/resources before reinstalling)

Level 14
The shadowmap might've become corrupt...
Try deleting war3map.shd in your map's archive with an mpq editor.
See if that fixes the problem (make sure that you have a backup first).

I assume that this is the problem because the statue is completely black (unless that is supposed to happen).

Get a mpq editor, open your map and delete war3map.shd
Here is a mpq editor:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

If you can't seem to do this somehow, post your map so that we can try it for you.

It seems odd though that it doesn't show the units. I haven't seen that before...
I would love to take a look at this if that's okay with you.

Level 14
man, i open my map by the mpqeditor.. it's only shows imported stuffs.. there's no war3 ingame stuff.. am i right?

Actually the stuff that is inside defines your entire map. You can open the scripts inside a text editor to see what exactly happens with your map. However this is irrelevant for now.
Is there a war3map.shd file inside? First create a backup of your map (copy and paste it somewhere) and then remove that .shd file.

Level 26
Hashjie mistook the problem. The shadows are not left over by destroyed objects but the models of existing objects are not being displayed.

Are the models potentially not showing imported? Maybe the import structure is corrupted and it gets messed up every save.

Upload the map anyway.

Level 14
As I can see in the screenshot all units have no models, but only shadows.
Have you checked the object editor to check whether the model path's are still correct?
Have you used custom models for the units?
What you can also try is the following: If the previous version is still working with the units, you can extract the file called: war3map.w3u
(the file that contains all the information on units in your map) from the map that didn't crash and then import it into the map that crashed just to see if the problem lies with corrupt unit data of your map.

EDIT: WaterKnight you posted in the time I was writing this reply ^.^ You're fast :D

Level 26
Cannot reproduce the problem, looks fine to me. If it does occur for you in the map you posted, maybe try to testplay it without saving and then save with different JNGP options that you could have adjusted. Tell your results.

Also "your map" is just an imitation of League of Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.