• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Can't Select in Tool Palette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm having this weird bug where I sometimes can't select certain units or terrain types in the tool palette.
Seemingly at random one unit or terrain texture is just bugged and whenever I click on the specific bugged one, the palette selects a different texture or unit.
That one texture or unit is then unselectable for a while, restarting my computer seems to help sometimes, but I'd rather not have to restart all the time.
Please help?

This is literally the reason why I rolled back to patch 1.30.4 just for the editor while testing the maps at 1.31.1. This happens when object they are based on are the same (ex. I made a custom footman, and then copy pasted it, then copy pasted it again). Hit Ctrl + D while in the object manager and you will see where your units are based on (ex. hfoo is Human Footman).

Someone told me reopening just the palette should work. Another tip, you should not be using the 64x version of WE because it crashes frequently when using it, go stick to x32 version for mow.

Status
Not open for further replies.