• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A lag problem occuring with one map with the tool palette

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whenever I click to open the layer/tool/window tab/palette there is an immense lag which lasts for a good 30 seconds, there is barely any custom objects. Any idea as to why this is happening only for this map so far?

Stuff that it can't be:

Viewing options or any thing in the terrain editor
Brush List

Stuff that I think it might be, somehow the terrain data or some part of the map got somehow corrupted and it doesn't fatal or crash somehow. It only occurs when I go to open the palette to add units or edit/add terrain, etc. . . It happens for every category.

Edit: deleted everything and still lags. . .

Edit2: I would appreciate it if anyone could help me investigate this further and find out why this happened.
Solution: By the way a possible solution I have already found for anyone suffering from the same problem is to start a blank map and load up your palette there then just load your map and it works perfect. Well it did work once, now it doesn't work so ignore that solution.... Time to copy data I suppose.

Found the problem, unit maximum level lags horribly over 1000.

Attachments

• testinh9798777.w3x
    75.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 5
It lags for me only if I open the map, and when I open new pallete, switching is fine.
I don't know what you did, but your map just by openning a pallete is making my CPU fan go crazy.
Do you have any backups? I suggest using new gen pack if u don't have any, It grants auto backups, and that saved my map few times.

Nope no backup's I want to go back too. I won't use new gen either, thanks though guys. It'd work if I actually wanted to re-terrain Mythic.

Quite something though eh? Even with everything deleted, the problem exists. Even though I want to fix it, I want to know how it got caused.
The only solution it seems is to endure the lag the first time every time it loads and don't close the palette... Otherwise new map it would seem is the only fix.

Edit: Found the problem and was able to easily duplicate it. If you raise unit maximum level too high it will for some reason lag your editor horribly for a while whenever you open the tool palette. I didn't know that got loaded every single time, still learning stuff with this old game. =)

Anyone know a way to get past that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.