• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spellbook Weird Autokill Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone. I've been searching solutions to this weird bug on my map.

Each time when a unit enters the playable map, I will give him a disabled spellbook which has 2 passive skills. Between, 0 - 5 mins gametime, my map works fine, but after 6 or 7 mins, most of spawned units automatically dies. The killer of the units are unknown, Also I check all my triggers and none of them has a function an Kill unit.

I suspected it was from the added spellbook because when I disabled the Trigger which gives the entering unit a spellbook, the bug was gone.

All I want to know is that is the cause of this bug because I can't continue my map if I can't debug this weird thing.

Related Posts are:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/spellbook-suicide-issue-138204/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/spell-book-auto-kill-help-205971/

Br0

Br0

Level 4
Upload the map otherwise all I can guess is that you have edited a spell to make it target allies that deals a lot of damage such as immolation or a de-regen aura.

Level 1
Here is the map, Just pick the Defender in the Hero Selection (1st column,2nd row), or the hero that has pending tooltip.

The problem is similar above, When he casts Encourage ability to a hero above level 8 (can cast self), his target automatically dies (killer is unknown).

When he casts Encourage, the target will be given a disabled spellbook. The triggers can be found at Captain Spell Pack, Trigger names are Dummy Spell and Dummy Spell Timer.

View attachment MyMap v0.1.w3x

Level 1
I have created debug messages to all triggers with Unit - KIll, Unit - Set Life functions but when the bug occurs, none of the debug messages happens. Ill just check other suspicious triggers and add debug messages to them. Anyway thanks for some useful advice. +rep for the help.

Level 1
In my map, this happens always when I add a disabled spellbook to a unit (mostly happens when a unit is above level 5 or Hero has a hero level above 7) . The unit automatically dies after having that spellbook.

Now, I have clues regarding this issue, it is not on the triggers. It is because, last day, even i disabled almost all of the triggers and left the spell triggers alone, still the issue/bug is there. So if it is not on the triggers, i tried to reset the gameplay constants after I test my map again, the spell works fine, the issue is gone. What I am doing right now is finding the cause of this bug in the game play constants.

Level 2
Here is an alternative solution (it seems the spellbook autokill bug happens on level 5+ units or something like that, happened to me too).
First, you need the spellbook with two levels, first level with no abilities and level 2 with the ability you want.
Second, add in the editor the ability for all units that are supposed to get via disabled spellbook.
Third and least, in the trigger, set the "Unit - Increase ability for unit" and select the previously disabled spellbook.

EDIT: Make sure the number min and max spells allowed in the spellbook are the same in both levels (if the first level has 2 maximum spells, the second must have 2. Otherwise the unit will end up dying). This could be a hint to fix the bug.

As for the bug, I do not know how to disable it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.