• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Leveling abilities in multiple spellbooks bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,
I'm making a RPG map, where you hero has a lot of abilities, and therefore I use Spellbooks for the different ability categories. Because of the many abilities the hero cannot learn skills in the ordinary way, and so I'm using an item (spellbook) with other spellbook abilities inside (the different ability categories ex. Light Magic, Combat etc.), and inside those spellbooks are dummy skills. If the hero uses one of these dummy spells he gains or levels up the real ability. (In another post I was talking about an extra dummy hero, but I'm trying to avoid that now). Of course I'm using disabled dummy spellbooks with the same Base Order ID as the category spellbook. (Light Magic, (disabled) Healing Dummy). But here is the weird thing: When I use the spellbook item called Hero Abilities>Light Magic (some category)>Heal (Dummy skill) I use a trigger, and my hero freezes and cannot do anything. Why???
  • Heal Learn
  • Events
  • Unit - a unit begins casting an ability
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal (Dummy 1)
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Set level of Heal 1 (Dummy Spellbook) for (Triggering Unit) to 2
  • Unit - Set level of Heal 2 (Dummy Spellbook) for (Triggering Unit) to 2
With Heal 1 (Dummy Spellbook) (4 lvls, lvl 1 containing no spell, lvl 2-4 lvl 1-3 heal abilities) being a disabled dummy spellbook containing Heal that goes into the Light Magic spellbook on the hero and Heal 2 (Dummy Spellbook) (3 lvls, dummy heal abilities) being a disabled dummy spellbook containing a Dummy Heal that goes into the Item spellbook Hero Abilities>Light Magic

Hope you understand what I'm saying :S

Last edited:
Level 9
Reamove the If all conditions are true do else actions frm the events and you should get it

Level 19
Why not try to make the Spellbook ability with more levels
And for every level of the spellbook, add more powerful magic than the one before
Like:
Spellbook Level 1: Spells - Heal (Level 1)
Spellbook Level 2: Spells - Heal (Level 2), Inner Fire (Level 1)
Spellbook Level 3: Spells - Heal (Level 3, Inner Fire (Level 2)
And so on..

I mean, at all you don't need to use trigger for the leveling up
Or, if you still want to do it with trigger, just increase the level of the SPELLBOOK ability
Not to the abilities that are INSIDE OF IT.
If this is what you're trying to do, it should work.

Level 3
Thx for the replies :)
But although I don't know why my hero freezes, I think I have found a solution: I just use a trigger that says "move hero to position of hero", so that he doesn't actually move, but he isn't frozen after this, so it works for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.