• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Dummy question : spellbook + permanent abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello,

I have read many tutorials about spellbooks, but I am still unsure about something. If a made a disabled spellbook to hide a passive ability to a unit, and some of the units may morph.

To make the hidden ability permanent, i.e. not lost when morphing, do I have to ?
1. Make both the spellbook ability & passive ability within permanent for the unit
2. Make only the spellbook ability permanent for the unit ?
3. Make only the passive ability within permanent for the unit ?

Level 38
Only the spellbook. Think about what it does: the spellbook adds the other ability so as long as the spellbook exists the other ability will be present too.

Logically this makes sense, but the World Editor does not run on logic.

Last edited:
Level 12
Only the spellbook. Think about what it does: the spellbook adds the other ability so as long as the spellbook exists the other ability will be present too.

Thanks for your feedback. The 2 famous tutorial below confused me because they talk about making one and/or the other permanent ^^

The Theory Behind Spellbooks
upload_2019-6-18_11-35-1.png

The mysteries of the Spellbook
upload_2019-6-18_11-35-53.png

Status
Not open for further replies.