• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Yeap...more then socially accepted...

'Social acceptance' can kiss my lucky butt. /care

mlp__fim__drunk_twilight_by_bronie873-d3iifld.jpg

4146%20-%20applejack%20big_macintosh%20comic%20drinking%20drunk%20pinkie_pie%20sex%20twilight_sparkle.JPG

Level 14
One word: 4chan.

And... well...
130959643935.jpg

But on a serious note, it's a real cool series. Although the 'story' is 'vanilla' or 'classic', the characters are really well made. The show has dancing, singing, randomness, graphics, refferences, basicly it has everything a simpsons episode has.

Furthermore there is a lot of hate towards this franchise because of the 'bronies'. Or rather, ppl hate 'bronies', thus 'bronies' started to popularize MLP through memes, videos on YT, so on and so forth.

Here is a little example of refferences (notice the eye and mouth shape, the nose nad posture, it's a little off, different angle but... same expression):
15784%20-%20macro%20meme%20pinkie_pie%20trollface.jpeg

images

Besides, the story is not about tea parties and doll houses, although it does involve cup-cakes ! It's rather about real-life situation a kid bumps into, like being overzealous in a friendly competition with... well a friend, thus you can relate to them.

Some of the first episodes are posted on the first page although I recomend this channel. Check under playlist.

Level 11
@Rispetto

This list pretty much sums up what made MLP so famous outside of the show itself.

-Lauren Faust
-Cupcake Story
-Clopfics/Bronies
-Various Fan-Based Blogs
-Anti-Trolling (Love&Tolerate)
-Youtube Parodies
-4Chan/Ponychan/Meme wars

It should be noted that the show has occasional adult humor. (An example would be when Pinkie Pie says that 'The punch is Spiked!') Also, the animation is incredible. The personalities of every character is vividly defined; the plot is fresh...

Anyhow, if you want to see various images, comics, or memes check my album.

Is the internet a big 4chan ? this should be debated in Medivh's Tower.

Yes.

Level 14
The personalities of every character is vividly defined; the plot is fresh...

I agree with this.

All of my friends from IRL and internet go like 'anime fuck yeah'. These days you are sorounded by so much anime content, that MLP is actually a refreshing show, at least for me.

The nice part of MLP for me is that situations like this happens:

"Have you watched the lastest episode of Bleach/Naruto/Blue Exorcist/Fairy Tail/insert anime name here ?"

"No, but I watched a new episode of MLP, and now I'm 20% cooler" - good troll, good troll...

@Rispetto

You should watch MLP to become 20% cooler.

Level 22
I agree, there is indeed personalities here so many other shows the chars are shallow. It also does remind some things to grown ups as well, some very basic things that kids are taught and yet forgotten by the older, those basic things like some morals as 'im too grown up for such' makes grown ups asses seems they have forgotten them. So it could serve well to remind some virtue for grown ups.. Including some Friendsip 101 tips because many of your so called friends maybe are not much of friends.

One episode reminded me this: It's so easy to lose a friend by losing your trust, and so hard to get it back. The show has philosophy dealing with some actual social issues if you think about it.

It's a little girl's television show.
Nuff said?

tumblr_lmeotwO9D01qafrh6.jpg

I seriously don't understand how this show got so famous.

It is on shows, buildings, toys, objects, games all over, TV, basically everywhere you think of. But heck:

resistance-is-futile.png

Last edited:
Level 18
@Rispetto

This list pretty much sums up what made MLP so famous outside of the show itself.

-Lauren Faust
-Cupcake Story
-Clopfics/Bronies
-Various Fan-Based Blogs
-Anti-Trolling (Love&Tolerate)
-Youtube Parodies
-4Chan/Ponychan/Meme wars

It should be noted that the show has occasional adult humor. (An example would be when Pinkie Pie says that 'The punch is Spiked!') Also, the animation is incredible. The personalities of every character is vividly defined; the plot is fresh...

and I guess you can add other references (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for example), the way the Hub reacts to its unexpected audience as well and the fact that this show is a total make-over of something usually hated outside (and often inside) of its target audience.

I think the fact that people like to joke about watching something that is aimed at a totally different target audience helps as well (but wouldn't have worked if the show itself wasn't worth watching). You're much more likely to get people to react saying you watch My Little Pony than saying you watch [insert random anime here] as this thread also proves.

I was already interested in animation before I started watching the show, but the animation in most animated shows nowadays just looks stiff to me (and this includes or is even more visible in Flash animation) and I think the simplcity of the character designs made the option to pull the animations further much more accessible.

Last edited:
Level 11
Today in sc2 battle net one guy Master league all and saying he goes Grandmaster had the name 'MyLittlePwny'. So see, PWNIES go that high! PWNIES = pro

because_i_knew_you_by_luna_roo-d3npekl.png

Aww so much love in this pic, I can feel it. Yes I do feel it. *blush blush*

[reaction=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/207551-albums4872-picture49371.jpg]The picture... I... I love it... [/reaction]

Level 22
^ It's just nice to have pony fans there too, I didn't expect someone high level would be interested. That's nice and strengthens the 'i dont care' when someone says girly show things like that. I would put a MLP portrait, if there was one. And hating is for noobs (!)

It's always good to go forward to the past =)

Fluttershy? you had to make that granny pony there instead

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Well, darn-it-all. My intense love of memes and weakness for both cartoons and animated females has trapped me into this show. Nearly reading each word of this 175-page topic has done nothing to help.

Why? Whyyyyyy...

(stupid... can't get new Avatar to move...)

Level 11
Well, darn-it-all. My intense love of memes and weakness for both cartoons and animated females has trapped me into this show. Nearly reading each word of this 175-page topic has done nothing to help.

Why? Whyyyyyy...

(stupid... can't get new Avatar to move...)

I myself read through this thread probably twice, start to finish. I must say, it was worth it.

Your avatar is probably too large for the Hiveworkshop. Gifs have to be as small as/smaller than 100x100 to work, else The Hiveworkshop will resize one frame and cause it to freeze. A good site to resize .gif files is here.

I used it for my signature gifs.

Anyhow, welcome to the herd.

Level 12
^ IF THAT COMIC WAS COMPLETELY STAR WARS...
then...that would mean... *gasp*
that rainbow dash would be the son daughter of twilight!

Status
Not open for further replies.