• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

ponies-1.jpg

Yeah it's this thing. Some of you might've heard about it going around the internet.

Basically it's made by Lauren Faust - one of the people who worked on powerpuff girls and foster's home of imaginary friends. She's also the wife of Craig McCraken, who created both of those shows and also worked on stuff like dexter's lab.

Anyway, have some pony - the show that is making many older males wonder why they like this stuff. :D
(if you don't believe me just look at the statistics for these videos!)

If you want to try a bit, I'd suggest you start with episode 3 and continue from there - 1 and 2 aren't a very good representation of the series but they fill in a few minor plot holes
NOTE: Check the videos by following the link at the top of this post to the original thread

Last edited:
Level 2
Am I the only one who thought that Twi was an idiot for sealing the thing up? Think of the applications of that kind of cloning magic!

Level 11
250pxmylittleponyfriend.png

Season 3, Episode 4 - One Bad Apple
Description
This time its a CMC episode where Apple Bloom's cousin from Manehatten comes to visit Ponyville, and apparently she does not have a cutie mark either.

Comment
Its great to see more of the CMC, I did not like the song so very much but the overall episode and the message was good. '
I liked this one and I will probably rewatch it later today. :thumbs_up:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Are you kidding? That was one of the catchiest, cutest tunes to date! I just ate up the facial expressions and all the great timing the characters had while singing. Man.

//Decent foray into "bullying is bad" theme, without getting too sappy. Of course, bullying is such a broad topic they can't encapsulate it all in 22 minutes, but for what they had, they did good, I feel.

Level 11
I did not like the song so very much

Are you kidding? That was one of the catchiest, cutest tunes to date! I just ate up the facial expressions and all the great timing the characters had while singing. Man.

I liked it but not as much as other people probably did, they repeated bad seeds to much I think.
But it was catchy and the milkshake scene was nice.

images

Level 11

Season 3, Episode 5 - Magic Duel
Description
Twilight's magical studies are progressing as usual, but the return of well known unicorn makes her doubt her abilities.

Comment
Great episode, I loved seeing Trixie again and her boosted characteristics plus all the "magic", we didn't see much in the other seasons so I think S3 will have a lot more to come. I guess this episode was inspired by the fans who has made a lot of art and fanfictions about Trixie life after episode 6 in the first season, rock farm apparently. xD
Now I wonder who is the fraud this time, Twilight did not exactly use magic but Trixie's magic was not completely hers either... Meh its still Trixie who is fake.

Also was I the only one who got a feeling about the intro scene being related to the DotA2 trailer?
And the meditating scene from Star Wars.

Last edited:
Level 21
Sorry if I haven't been around the Hive lately and the reason why I was at my old place with internet, but not high speed though.
Now I'm back at my new place with the high speed internet and I'm going to watch the episode now. Going to do tell what I think of it in a bit.

Level 3
Princess Luna! I watched the episode and it was a very nice episode. Overall it lacked much action or content but as fan of my #1 character - Luna <3, I loved the part with her. The episode presented her in a way that we haven't seen - well haven't seen what she's able to do ever. She has been having this supportive almost cameo appearance in most of the episodes after 'Luna Eclipsed' from season 2 of course.

Level 30
Princess Luna! I watched the episode and it was a very nice episode. Overall it lacked much action or content but as fan of my #1 character - Luna <3, I loved the part with her. The episode presented her in a way that we haven't seen - well haven't seen what she's able to do ever. She has been having this supportive almost cameo appearance in most of the episodes after 'Luna Eclipsed' from season 2 of course.

dude what the hell you made an account by dec 2012 and the first thing you do is post on a pony thread? merry christmas

Level 3
Therer you go, mate

Season 3, Episode 7 - Wonderbolt Academy

Comment:

I watched the episode, and it was awesome! Rainbow Dash comes as my 3rd favorite pony after Luna and Fluttershy but that third is almost as close as being my most favorite!

Firstly, together with Lightning Dust, the extra outfit they wore made them super cool. As it has been mentioned in previous posts, egoistic or not, Lightning Dust looked gorgeous! SO much coolness from both of them.

I like especially the tornado part and after that - why do you think the pony frowned upon Fluttershy? LOL, because Fluttershy was like:

'You saved me! Oh ugh .. I forgot I can fly'

Yours,

(a member they don't want to come back)

Level 11

Season 3, Episode 8 - Apple Family Reunion
Description
The apple family reunion is coming up and Applejack decides its her time to take care of the preparations for it.

Comment
For the first time Applejack got a chance to sing her own song, it was a good one and it really fit her.
And of course her workaholic nature got a bit in the way of how everything got planned.

This time I managed to find a good quality vid on youtube in time .

Merry Christmas every one. :wsmile:
mlp__warm_your_hooves_by_bird_spirit-d5ncqqr.jpg

Level 21
my_little_pony_fim___happy_holidays_by_laurenmagpie-d4ji8zn.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Oh and I seen the new episode starting Applejack and her family.
I hope there will be a Christmas themed episode filler thing when Christmas is around, but I don't think it will happen. :/

Level 11

Season 3, Episode 9 - Spike at your Service
Description
Having a day off from his normal duties, Spike gets in to trouble with the Timber Wolfs in the Everfree Forest, but he is saved by Applejack in the last second. Spike now wants to repay Applejack for saving his life.

Comment
I like how the characteristics are shown in this episode, Spike's over commitment, Twilight's obsession with studying, Applejack's decision making. And the random things that occurred throughout the episode, like Pinkie Pie suddenly wanting a mustach. xD

But the graphics of the Timber Wolfs was weird, I believe they used 2D on the old ones and suddenly they used 3D.
It did not fit very well I think. :(

Episode 10 will air 19/1/2013, Keep Calm and Flutter On, and episode 11 will air 26/1/2013, Just For Sidekicks. Episode 12 and 13 does not have a name yet and the air date is unconfirmed according to this source.
I think we might have a real surprise ahead of us, but for now a short break. :)

Level 3
Never paid attention to the timberwolves being 3D until they mentioned it in some other place. But yeah it doesn't fit, still the episode was a little meh to me... Dragon's Question from Season 2 was very cool though.

Level 3

Season 3, Episode 10 - Keep Calm and Flutter On

Originally Posted by ImtR

Wow, amazing episode! Maybe because what happened was totally unpredictable it became more interesting than a lot of others I've seen! Fluttershy has always been my most favorite pony of the Mane Six and out of the Mane 6 as much favorite as Luna, sometimes more.

When learning that the episode would focus on her, I was looking forward to watching it.

Firstly, it didn't feel rushed at all to me because there was nothing to happen. I don't like spoilers but I learnt it was going to be with Discord. And I thought another time he returns and they stop him. NO:

Celestia comes to tell the ponies to reform him?? I thought she may have been under mind control and that's why she gave such an order and that in the end they would stop Discord and Celestia would get off this control. Then when it became clear Discord was to be made good for real, I thought he was pretending and they were to stop him in the end when he turned evil.

Strangely, no such thing, Discord was made good till the end of the episode, will he be always like Zecora, a character to appear from time to time? This was quite unexpected and interesting to see/question what will be from now on.

And I am glad I am fan of Fluttershy as my most favorite because she showed once again toughness even more than before, I loved it, it was so nice to see her like that and she was even cuter! <3 Lovely episode!

Last edited:
Level 11
Your link goes to the wrong vid, here is the correct one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsUda5qEW4w

I never thought we would see him again until I started to hear some rumors on the web, I think it was a good episode and it had several random things that were entertaining (Angel had to put up with a lot of things :p).

Even though it obviously had some influence from fan creations (again) it was not to bad executed.

Now this rumor I picked up last week seems to be a really hot topic on other forums, it was found in one of the official sticker books.
1-450-x-390.jpg

What do you guys think? Will Twilight become an Alicorn later in the show or is it just a mistake in the production? Or just Hasbro trying to mindfuck us?

Last edited:
Level 3
Your link goes to the wrong vid, here is the correct one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsUda5qEW4w

Not this link, I like Xyro videos the most, not only 1080p HD but also loud audio, just like how I like them. Anyway, fixed, as you can see in the preview.

img-1122496-1-bfgp4Qh.jpg

Someone could have totally made a gif with that fish

Last edited:
Level 19
so there motives for the bad guys for each season is to be good in the next season, if discord became good for season 3, then chrysalis will be good for season 4 and king sombra season 5? just saiyan

Nah... Remember, Celestia wants Discord powers... I dont see why a sucubus hivequeen and a shadow something wold be good guys. Discord is chaos, so its more like to go good/bad as he thinks fit.

Level 3
[

Season 3, Episode 11 - Just For Sidekicks

I found this episode better than Spike at your Services, as it had funny moments with the mess the animals did. Overall, not too impressed, I think Dragon's Quest from Season 2 is so far the best episode featuring spike, this one however was also nice, just not as much as episodes featuring ponies.

Level 8
Haven't checked this thread (or the hive) recently (so I'm not sure if this has already been posted..),
found this....'Toy'. thought I might share, have fun.

Level 11
There has been some small hints from Hasbro before and forums + deviantart has been on to it for a long while but I was a bit surprised that they actually made it official, but I was expecting it a bit. I am a bit disappointed in the community on how they reacted to it though.
MLP-PRINCESS_510x317.jpg

But I still like it :)

"
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" follows the studious young unicorn Twilight Sparkle and her five pony friends as they teach one another about the most powerful magic of all, the magic of friendship! In the special coronation episode "Magical Mystery Cure," Twilight Sparkle accidentally casts a spell that switches the Cutie Marks and destinies of all her friends, and the only way she can reverse the spell is by writing her own magic. Little does she know that by achieving this great accomplishment, she will fulfill her destiny and emerge a princess.

Now about the latest episode, Zecora is awesome. xD

EDIT: Realizing it was Tara Strong's voice in Lollipop Chainsaw ruined my day :<

Last edited:
Level 21
My fan character Red Staring is a pegasus with a unicorn horn, but still why would Twilight become a princess?
I don't know why, but I am looking forward to the Games Ponies Play. and might be looking forward to the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.