• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Complete Mappool Suggestions for Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I have some updated feedback on the mappool:

1) The 2v2 AT mappool is completely different from the 2v2 RT mappool. Could this be changed to be the same mappool? So use the same maps in AT as you have in RT. Because LT and TM are missing in AT and have been replaced with pretty questionable maps.

2) The tournament mappool is the same from the old patch, it needs to be updated to include the new mappool you guys have or will have. The old Terenas Stand was played in the lastest 1v1 tournament and not TS LV, Lost temple was in the 1v1 pool etc etc.

Aggro Problems:

A Bridge too Near:
All the 4 mid goldmine camps aggro very heavily. Tod was streaming 2v2 rt on it and almost all of them started attacking his units as he was just running past. Same happened to me. I think all 4 camps should be set to the lower range ( i think 200) instead of the typical goldmine range, because the mines are in the middle anyway. Please reduce the aggro / put them further tucked in. This is probably the worst aggro in the new mappool.

Avalanche LV: The green camps apparently have goldmine aggro so I've heArd, but I havent checked myself. Also please put back the fountain of healths 12 and 6 o clock instead of the merc camps, It's an important part of the map. I'd also put the tavern in the middle, and Make the two middle areas' where the taverns currently are into creep camps.

Golems in The Mist LV: The the merc camps 12 o'clock and especially 6'oclock aggro heavily (the camps with the rock golem and troll trappers). Everytime I spawn bottom right and attack bottom left, my units rally to my hero but ALWAYS get caught by rock golem + ensnares and get killed. This is very frustrating and needs to be fixed. Please move the creeps back, much further.

Ferelas: Goldmines with murlocks aggro heavily, but I've seen you released on froums that you fixed that, however, the shops also aggro a lot. Personally, the shop on the far left, aggro'd when i was running down to my opponent on far bottom left.

Friends: This isn't an aggro problem, but the big red gold mines camps in the middle don't drop any items at all, is this intended? The two big Rock Golem camp drops nothing, when I think it should drop something pretty good.

Public Preference:

Many people love the 4v4 RT mappool saying its basically perfect, and think the 1v1 mappool is ok, but most dislike the 2v2 mappool.

ToD on Netease mappool
I know this clip of Tod is a bit profanity-laced diatribe , but I think it sums up some of the community frustration with a few of the maps. He was obviously being extreme, but maybe If I showed a pro player, expressing his opinion about it, it would be more legitimate..

For 3v3/4v4 The only maps I would change is to put back the original Battleground, I think it's quite a bit superior to the original, and is a special map. And I would swap Blasted Lands with 'A Full Scale Assault' Then you'd have the perfect mappool, in my opinion. For FFA mappool I've made some suggestions there too, after speaking with FFA, and pro league managers of 10 years from ffamasters.net.

1v1
(2) Amazonia
(2) Echo Isle
(2) Last Refuge-1.3
(2) Plunder isle_LV
(2) Swamped Temple
(2) Terenas Stand_LV
(2) Dire Brook (balanced Two Rivers)
(2) Northern Isles or Tirsifal Glades_LV or Green Hills
(2) Concealed Hills
(4) Turtle Rock
(4) Twisted Meadows

2v2
(4) Avalanche_LV * fix aggro, add back fountain, replace taverns with camps, and move tavern to middle
(4) Bridge Too Near_LV * fix aggro
(4) Centaur Grove
(4) Synergy * If you're going to use this map, please use the version linked here in our discussions, it's much better and includes borders
(4) Furbolg Mountain
(4) Phantom Grove * Original green Phantom Grove, much superior to LV, just delay the start time for the murlock mercs, they are broken early.
(4) Tidewater Glades_LV
(4) Lost Temple
(4) Twisted Meadows
(4) Turtle Rock
(6) Gnoll Wood

3v3
(6) DarkForest
(6) GnollWood
(6) Monsoon_LV
(6) RollingHills
(6) Ruins Of Stratholme
(6) Stranglethorn Vale
(6) Thunder Lake_LV
(6) TimbermawHold
(6) Upper Kingdom
(8) Battleground * Original Battleground replace LV
(8) Mur'ul Oasis_LV

4v4
(8) Battleground * Original Battleground replace LV
(8) Full Scale Assault * Replaces Blasted Lands
(8) Deadlock_LV
(8) Feralas_LV * Fix aggro
(8) Friends * Add items for middle camps
(8) GoldRush
(8) Golems In The Mist_LV * Fix aggro at merc camps 6 + 12clock
(8) Market Square
(8) Mur'ul Oasis_LV
(8) Northshire_LV
(8) Sanctuary_LV
(8) Twilight Ruins_LV

FFA
(4) Deathrose
(4) Fountain of Manipulation
(6) EmeraldShores
(6) Silverpine Forest * To replace stranglethorn, SP is much much better map & a staple in FFA community
(6) Monsoon_LV
(6) Neon City
(8) Deadlock_LV
(8) Mur'ulOasis_LV
(8) TwilightRuins_LV
(8) Market Square * MS is the most popular, and probably best FFA map of all time- needs to be in!

Summary: I played about 50 games myself in all the game-modes. I think you will see no complaints with this pool and it combines more new and fresh maps that the community haven't seen much of that are very good.

Thank you for listening

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.