• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok here it goes...

I need to know how someone can make an ability that actually opens up another set of boxes in the hero action panel (where the move, attack, patrol abilities are). I need to be able to click that ability then have other abilities presented to me. I was told in another forum to use Hash Tables, which led me to this forum, but apart from PM'ing the thread starter for the tutorial I haven't been able to learn much for that specific need.

Ok here it goes...

I need to know how someone can make an ability that actually opens up another set of boxes in the hero action panel (where the move, attack, patrol abilities are). I need to be able to click that ability then have other abilities presented to me. I was told in another forum to use Hash Tables, which led me to this forum, but apart from PM'ing the thread starter for the tutorial I haven't been able to learn much for that specific need.

You wont need hashtables for this, like Starquizer said just use a spellbook. If you don't know where the spellbook is, it is an item ability, just search for it.

Level 1
Use Spellbook. Its an ability that allows you to add more abilities, you can have 11 ability per a spellbook assuming you set their order ID differently.

I've used spellbook to summon multiple things with the farseer's summons as a base. Unfortunately since they follow that base if I choose to summon one, both are cast. I figure I need a trigger to get rid of prior summons instead of using the base summon.

Level 9
I would prefer using the channel ability with different base order ID then create the summoned units through triggers.
But won't channel still need triggers to create the unit?:con:

You don't always have to base them on different abilities; just changing the order ID and checking the "shared cooldown" as false will do.
Answer:
[...] Unfortunately since they follow that base if I choose to summon one, both are cast. [...]
Meaning that the cooldown is Not the problem, both(/all) abilities are Cast. I've encountered this personally.

Uh wats the spellbook abilitie called

Abilities, Special, Items, Spellbook (start from the bottom).

But (I'm trying to say that) what you said doesn't make sense...
"Prefer to use channel than create units through triggers" In both cases you need triggers.
Unless what you meant to say was simply "I prefer using channel than other abilities"?

I said
"I would prefer using the channel ability with different base order ID then create the summoned units through triggers." Its then not than.. maybe you misread the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.