• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Multiple skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
[SOLVED] Multiple skills?

I'm looking to create auras that "double stack". This means that a Paladin with Devotion Aura standing next to another Paladin with Devotion Aura will result in both of them receiving the buff twice. Adding another Paladin with Devotion Aura means that all 3 will only have 2 buffs. Any other nearby friendly units only have the buff once.

The ability has 3 parts:
  • each unit has an aura that affects allies but not themselves
  • each unit has an aura/ability that affects only the bearer.
  • each of the two above abilities have the same stat values aside from targets.

This works perfectly as expected. However, I'm not sure how to "combine" them into one skill. I'm open to any ways to do this so that the hero levels only 1 ability but levels both. Is there a way to do this with just abilities/buffs or do I need to use JASS/triggers to level up the respective ability each time the other is leveled?

Last edited:
Level 21
I'm looking to create auras that "double stack". This means that a Paladin with Devotion Aura standing next to another Paladin with Devotion Aura will result in both of them receiving the buff twice. Adding another Paladin with Devotion Aura means that all 3 will only have 2 buffs.

The ability has 3 parts:
  • each unit has an aura that affects allies but not themselves
  • each unit has an aura/ability that affects only the bearer.
  • each of the two above abilities have the same stat values aside from targets.

This works perfectly as expected. However, I'm not sure how to "combine" them into one skill. I'm open to any ways to do this so that the hero levels only 1 ability but levels both. Is there a way to do this with just abilities/buffs or do I need to use JASS/triggers to level up the respective ability each time the other is leveled?

I think you should just make 3 nearly identical skills. The difference being the buff.
Then use a trigger that checks when a hero with the skill is trained. Store each trained hero in a group(1 group per player - array).
But before that you should check in that group and see how many units there are with your skill1. If there is at least 1, then switch skill to 2. If at least 1 of 2, then switch to 3, etc.

Level 2
Something I failed to note in my original post is that other units only get the buff once. I don't need to do all the trigger magic to switch abilities, I just need to have the self-buff and the aura-buff. I'm just not sure on some of the remaining details like having them level simultaneously and not show the skill twice in their UI (double buff icon is okay).

Level 2
Use a hidden SpellBook ;)

I'm sure I can find details on that by searching thank you. It's hard to know what to search for when you are new to something like this.

I'm assuming that I use a trigger to level up the hidden skill when I level the other one. Thanks for the help.

Level 2
Perhaps I could use an icon up if it's 'black' with no tooltips? I only use the 4 abilities so that leaves the one empty space.

Edit: I suppose that could lead to them clicking it to level it up even though it's black. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.