• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Animation Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im not quite sure, but if possible how do you assign an animation to a certain action. I have a model with specific animation functions. One set is the hero in combat with a ranged weapon, such as Attack 1, Stand, and Walk. The other set are animations with the hero using melee weapons once again like Attack 1, Stand and Walk.

Then the rest of the animations that do not need to be assign to a specific weapon are Death, Dissipate etc.

1. How can this process be done
2. Can i use multiple sets? A Set of animation for Melee, Range and maybe Fists?

Note:
Either solution would work, its the Efficiency and leaks im worried about

Level 11
well... for the different animations you want the unit to do, use:

animation - play (x animation you want) animation

do this after any condition you want if it is not showing right you may use reset (unit`s) animation and then the animation you want

Level 2
well... for the different animations you want the unit to do, use:

animation - play (x animation you want) animation

do this after any condition you want if it is not showing right you may use reset (unit`s) animation and then the animation you want
im aware of those set of triggers. however it does not work correctly all the time, easily leaked form past experience

uhm the models are black_stans from when i used to mod a long time ago.

However thats not an option for me i wouldn't want to redistribute his work without permission. Perhaps u can instruct me on how to name the animations properly.

ill go more into the details. The model will have animation using its fist, one for 2 handed weapons, another for bows and another for 1 handed weapons.

So 4 alternate animations [i know its too big, but its not going over b.net so no problems there; plus going to compress them]

So i would name them like this?
Attack 1 -this would be the fists animationfor left hand
Attack 1 alternate -1hd animation for left hand
Attack 1 Alternate 2 -bow animation
Attack 1 Alternate 3 -2 handed weapon animations
And so on. with Attack 2

Im not sure how to name them properly. Thats the problem. And if i do name it properly how do i assign it so that each animation would go to the correct weapon. I wouldn't want my hero using the bow animation with swords nor would i want it using fists for long range.

hope this clears things up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.