• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

setting animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i have imported a villager with 40 animation.
well. the problem here is that how can i set for example the event as map init and for the action i can now set the new animation string for attack,walk, etc.. using 1 trigger.
well. i just dont want to make new trigger for every animation like
"unit attacks then i set the new animation, unit dies then i set another animation... and so on.."

Level 9
so i cant set every action with a specific animation using only 1 event?

is it possible to change animation directly using object editor?

Level 23
With spells, yes you can set which animation it will play when it is cast, but I don't think you can do that with units especially with that model because it has different animation IDs. It would be a solution if you just rename the animations you need in wc3 model editor. It is pretty easy if you just know what you're doing./

Level 37
Note that you can change the unit's animation tag. For example adding lumber will make it use the animations that have lumber in their name.

You can "change" the attack animation by setting it with SetUnitAnimationByIndex. You run that after a 0.00 second timer that is started when the unit attacks. This however might not be the optimal solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.