• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Switching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
If a model has two sets of attack animations (a set for 1 handed weapon and another for 2 handed weapon), do I have to use triggers to switch between the attack animation types, or is there another way? I heard of 'animation tags' but I don't know how to use them.

For example if a unit has
Attack First 1, Attack First 2 for 1 handed weapons, and
Attack Second 1, Attack Second 2 for 2 handed weapons.

Is there a way to select the animations without triggers?

Level 25
I will refer to the human peasant unit for the example of animation tags.
The animation names for peasant are something like this: Stand, Stand Gold, Stand Lumber, Walk, Walk Gold, Walk Lumber, etc.

The reason why you see the peasant unit return with gold bag in hands when returning with gold is because during that time, he has set the "Gold" animation tag, meaning he will play only animations which contain the word "Gold".

Same with demon hunter unit. All the animations during metamorphosis are labeled as "Alternate", so all you need is set the animation tag for Alternate to play only those animations.

The action for it is in the "Animation" submenu... something like "Animation - Add/Remove Animation Tag"

So to use those, you need to see the pattern in animation names of your unit... if a set of animations contain a specific word (e.g. alternate, gold, etc.), you can set an animation tag to play only those animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.