• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've made two spells which are different from each other, I used two animations of the hero which is Attack 1 and Attack 2. The problem is, the animation doesn't work. The two spells just get random animation Attack 1 to 3 (There are three attack animations in the model I'm using)

I set the spell animation names to
String List ( For the first spell )
- Attack

String List ( Then the other )
- Attack

Level 37
As far as I know, setting spesific animation at Art - Animation name is not possible. You can only define that is uses attack animation, but no which attack animation for example.

What you can do is use Unit begins casting an ability event, your ability as the condtion. Then start a timer that expires after 0.00 seconds. When the timer expires, use this:
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(unit, animationIndex)
You need to set the unit and the animation index correctly.

Level 10
the animations are indexed which mean the number you set in SetUnitAnimationByIndex parameter determine which animation.

for instance.. demon hunter model... if i do this call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(Demon_Hunter_Unit, 16) will make demon hunter attack in alternate form...

Status
Not open for further replies.