• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Numbered Attack Animation for Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Alright, I've run into a little bit of an issue. When setting the animation for a given spell (inputting the animation strings, all that), I'm not sure how to make a unit do, say, "attack 2" or "attack 3". When I put in such things the unit seems to randomly choose any of its attack animations for the spell.

How should I fix this?

Level 5
Use this custom script :

call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), (insert a number here without the parenthesis and test starting with 1 until you get the right animation))

Example :

• Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 1)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 2)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 3)
  • etc...

Level 11
Use this custom script :

call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), (insert a number here without the parenthesis and test starting with 1 until you get the right animation))

Example :

• Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 1)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 2)
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(GetTriggerUnit(), 3)
  • etc...

...And how, exactly, would I use that in a complete trigger?

If I try to do it when beginning the casting, starting the effect of, or anything of the sort relating to an ability, it does *absolutely nothing*. How do I stop the animation from getting cancelled?

use magos model editor to change the animation names.
look somewhere at the tools, its easy to handle.
Its best to rename the 2 and 3 to "lumer" or/and "gold"

How do I rename an animation in Magos model editor? Also, would this require me to import it as a new model?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.