• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr.Goblin's Concept-art/illustration Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
14207592_647748172067642_4888729632679752702_o.jpg

had an idea... decided to sketch it out... slowly feel into something more abstract.... not sure I like it, but I do really like my sketch though. Might render it out later :D

Roland

R

Roland

*Sad sniff* Damn, Your. Art. It's. Glorious. Someday, I'll be like you :c

so.... decided to render it out... and I'm loving it so much I'll try to make it as realistic as possible. pushing myself to the limit! WEeeeeeeeeeeh sorry for not showing in between WIP, there isn't much... I started working on it and BOUM just like that, I had worked on it 4 hours without saving wips. :S
14257743_649746201867839_734926864952558142_o.jpg

Level 14
hey Mr. Goblin, may I ask, what this
... decided to render it out...
ectually means? I hear some people say this from time to time, but nobody every explains it ... can you maybe spare 2 sentences?

the picture is beatuiful! The first version with the big sun was nice on its own way.

That's how I feel after an exam ;)
Seriously, though. It's beautiful <3 Lovely composition. Exquisite details. Grand design!

haha glad I could pull the emotion and the story telling well enough so you understood the feallings he's dealing with! :D
Thanks mate... if I finish it proprely, it might become one of THOSE drawings that I like looking at, even after a few years

hey Mr. Goblin, may I ask, what this ectually means? I hear some people say this from time to time, but nobody every explains it ... can you maybe spare 2 sentences?

the picture is beatuiful! The first version with the big sun was nice on its own way.

Rendering is a technical term first used in the special effect industry which described the process between (reading all the mathematical formula then transcribing them into pixels.) something like that. Artistic rendering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Illustrators took the term and used it to describe the artistic process.
As in =

''I want to render it more'' (aka, I'm not finish yet, I want to refine the details, the colours etc.)
''I rendered the shit out of this (aka, I've spent a LOT of time on this drawing and I concidered every visual aspects (composition, lighting, colouring, values, etc.)

I use the first one the most :D

Wtf amazing! Damn the details are clear, still your pushing it even further, I can't bear to watch your awesomeness :D

Shia lebouef can't bare it as well, he keeps screaming to me = DO IT! don't let your dreams be dreams.... I must follow. hehe

thanks mate I appreciate and thank you all for passing by! you're keeping the art section alive! :D

Didn't you finish that old warrior already?
Stoped working on him for a while due to the concept-art competition #9 + The character design challenge (vampire)... but now it's the time to finish him properly before christmass :) I want to print him out for me, my father and two of my uncles.

i could stare at that warrior all day and admire the details...

also if you could draw some samples on how you do the hair in the next stream since it's the most i'm having problems with

thanks mate! and Most definitly! Don't forget to send me one of your drawings if you want feedbacks as well!

I really liked the modern approach you did on the vampire. So original and unique. Too bad it got rejected due to upload time! D:

Thanks mate! and yeah I was a little sad too.

I've decided to participate on Heiver,s mini-texturing challenge :D
Mini-Texturing Contest - Halloween

and I liked my new made characters so much, I decided to pay them a proper tribute! Please note, I'll be updating's Willow's texture with this new concept. :D

Attachments

• WIN_20161112_03_31_32_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20161112_03_31_32_Pro (2).jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 153
15037126_684679325041193_8073278914588955979_n.jpg

quick sketch, started this character for the Character Design Challenge over on facebook.
Character Design Challenge! public group | Facebook

will see if I'll finish him... personnally don't want to spend to much time on him since I really want to finish my praying warrior before christmas

Psss... I was highly inspired by Starwars.

I know I haven't been active artwise for the past two months, truth be told.... didn't felt like drawing much recently, I'll get over it, don't you worry. :) But I've put my attention and focuss elsewhere!.

[Defense / Survival] - Flickering light = a personnal map project that involves lots of new things for me to learn :D come and support us in our faillures and success!

Speaking of which, this is a Work in progress! Need to fix and correct the text and finish touching up the soldier, but yeah that's about it :D
full

oh sir, attempting to reach your skill over all the time im drawing and you still surprise me each time i see your design arts :)
oh thanks mate D: that really warms my heart! Also, dude... you got crazy good over the last few years :O

====

16507977_728659543976504_4142148317296119262_n.jpg

16587167_729108103931648_2235541087535343954_o.jpg

herE's a new art piece... yeah Horror!

The art of Vincent Turcot - Livestreaming session - YouTube also, started a livestreaming channel! I'll let you guys know when I'll be livestreaming. :D

Roland

R

Roland

I. Fucking. Love. It. damn, It's quite desappointing that you doodled a girl instead of a guy :c scary girls aint mah taste in art.

That's superealisticly horrific :O

Thanks mate :S I'm blushing now

That's really crazy damn amazing art, Sir! I think I can reach that level after 10 years.

nonono you can! of course you can! just keep practicing! :D

Holy sweet mother of cthulhu that's terrifying and amazing at the same time.
Thanks ._.

I. Fucking. Love. It. damn, It's quite desappointing that you doodled a girl instead of a guy :c scary girls aint mah taste in art.

yeah, the shame....

Level 28
Very cool, mister! I like the idea and the style there. Looks really comforting.

I wonder if you are consciously trying to give a main colour palette or a visual identity to your portfolio. Or is it just because you like those colours? I say that because I have the impression that these are a recurring theme in your drawings:

palette.png

Just wondering though :p Looking forward for the finished product!

Very cool, mister! I like the idea and the style there. Looks really comforting.

I wonder if you are consciously trying to give a main colour palette or a visual identity to your portfolio. Or is it just because you like those colours? I say that because I have the impression that these are a recurring theme in your drawings:

View attachment 260843

Just wondering though :p Looking forward for the finished product!

great observation, most of my personnal art are set in the same universe and style.... and I've been trying to do natural looking foggy drawings for ages, it's so GAWD DAMN HARD. so every piece is like me saying to myself = THIS TIME, THIS TIME.... .you'll get it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.