• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

shiiK's Concept Art Dump - Orthogonal Projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If I have such a thing as a speciality within concept art, it is orthogonal projections. Most of the freelance work I do evolves around turning an idea (either text or an initial concept art) into a orthogonal projection for 3D modellers to use when they create the model. When you're used to it, creating orthographics is easy. You generally don't have to account for perspective, depth and eye-candy. It is a raw representation of a concept from multiple angles where the primary goal is to show everything, put proportions right and make the 3D modeller's job a breeze.

With that explanation, I'll just go ahead and dump a few recent ones. Feel free to provide feedback.

Currently only a frontal view, which is far from done, but a back-view and side-view is coming, as well as some close-ups of the face.

CetoWIP350.png

Personal

Front- and back-view of a Forest Troll hero I worked on for the Paired T/M Contest a while back - we never finished it.
Reworking this due to recent events, Fan is making the model and I'm doing the texture. Should be finished soon.

Troll-Concept-Airborne.png

Airborne%20Troll.png

Collaboration

I will keep this thread updated (for once).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
I really like the sea goddess, maybe it's because I'm weak to the sight of bare skin. Head & neck could use some improvements as I am sure you are aware of, but other than that it's just pure cool. Trolls were never my thing, but it has a great atmosphere about it.

So to clarify; you work with this? for a living or as a side job?

Yours,
Chizume

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Thanks for the feedback guys.

So to clarify; you work with this? for a living or as a side job?

Not professionally, but yes, it's a hobby/voluntary job (ie no payment).

Level 25
The troll looks damn badass.

The sea goddess is nice as well, very slim. But the right arm seems quite small. The overarm looks like it could snap any second, the left is wider, and looks better.

Can't really articulate myself about the engineer, not much to see, neither say. But it looks good too.

Overall it looks great, love your style.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Update-bump.
Working on the Forest Troll with Fan, doing a proper base for the Troll - struggling a bit with the feet and hands, because the anatomy doesn't really add up when there are less fingers, less toes and a toe at the heel. It doesn't really have any impact on the model, though, it's just a practise for me. Will also try to update Ceto soon and add a few more Trolls to the collection as well as my most recent race, the Iniquit. If you haven't seen them, there's a WIP in the Texturing & Surfacing forum and a finished unit in the Skin section. I've nearly finished their techtree, so the concepts should start rolling out as soon as I get a few other affairs out of my mind.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.