• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Rancher : Monster of the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Monster Rancher[r]
Monster of the Past
[r]

Introduction

[r]This map contains many features that GUI-er have never expected, this map also feturing some advanced system by me (rysnt11), the main goal of this map is, to become the Richest, and pro Tamer of the monster, unlike other RPG that based on 1 hero (robbepop's monster master's RPG base-ing 4 hero RPG), this map is not like that, this map feature the synergy of both units and hero to work as a team (the unit is your pet), this map also support the system that never relased to public, the Player to Player Market!, each player can trade (buy) their team mate's item, or even pet, this map also has the Ranch system, where you sell monster as a Ranch animal[r]
[r]

Beta Test is coming soon!

[r]

The Beta Test map will spreaded at 2nd October 2011

[r]

Beta Sign up Closed

Beta TesterSigned?
ArisatouYes
orcwar2Yes
MADAWCYes
ShicoYes
IlikeYes
Razor21Yes
-Peper-yes
strach195yes
Viperiyes
Wazzyes
ImperialShadowyes
[r]

Upcoming Updates

[r]
Next update of the map will include:
  • New Class (knight, archer, priest, sorcerers and Sniper are no longer exist, they will be replaced with another suitable class)
  • new evolve system
  • bugs fixed!
  • Magic Temple unlocked! (a fusion system)

Current Job
Changed toNext job 1Next job 2aNext job 2b

Knight
WarriorKnightWhite KnightDark Knight

Archer
ScoutArcherNeo ArcherHuntress

Priest
Holy ApprenticePriestMonkCardinal

Sorceress
Magic TraineeSorceressElemental MagiWitch

Lumber Jack
NoneChampionChi MasterMeditate Master
Any feedback or comment are appreciated!!
[r]

Features

[r]
  1. New Hero Selection system
  2. new game play of RPG
  3. featuring 1 catch-able monster (For now)
  4. Featuring 4 Evolve Stage
  5. 6 Different Hero with their unique role (Team Work is badly needed)
  6. different Stat system
  7. Unique monster re-spawning system by me
  8. Unique XP Gain system
  9. 2 Ways to Gaining gold
[r]

Wanna Help us?

[r]Wanna help us?
and got your name on the map as a NPC?
Fill the form, and Send me PM!
remember PM!
  • Name: name of the monster
  • Stage: stage of the monster (Egg, 1,2,3, breeder, fusion-able)
  • Element: element of the monster (Ice, Water, Fire, Holy, Darkness, Non elemental, Forest, Terra A.K.A Earth, wind)
  • Model Path: the model Path in World Editor
  • Skill: The skill of the monster, usually Eggs, and breeder doesn't have skill, the stage 1 to 3 have skill
[r]
Terrain: ||||||||||

Monster:
||||||||||

Pet:
||||||||||

System:
||||||||||

Hero Ability:
||||||||||
[r]
[r]Teams: rysnt11, Terrainer, Coder, modeler
[r]
monsterTypeElementStage
ArachnathidBugNormal1
Warrior Arachnathid BugNormal2
GlacithidBugIce2
MagmathidBugFire2
Overlord Arachnathid BugNormal3
Overqueen ArachnathidBugNormal3
Arachnathid EggEggNon-Elemental 0

[r]
nameDescriptionimplemented?
Respawning systemthis system made this map fully playable, hostile's and passive respawning are different, tough they do same thing, respawning the unityes, fully functional, bug-less, leak-less, and lag-less
Evolve systemthis system that make this map different, i made this system based on some game's early system, but i have improved it ( NOTE: i never rip other's system), this system will allow you to evolve from a stage to stage, it even has some percent to become different element of monster (Glacithid, and Magmathid)yes, fully functional
[r]

Some Screeny

ImagesDescription
185996-albums4987-picture50200.jpg
this is the village
185996-albums4987-picture50199.jpg
The heroes
185996-albums4987-picture50198.jpg
Next Evolve-able Monster
185996-albums4987-picture50197.jpg
Raxxon's house, or to be more precise, the Beast master's House, here the player buy some "food", and basic pet, such as chicken, dog, etc
185996-albums4987-picture50196.jpg
Lumber Jack's House, the House where Lumber jack Hero buy his equipment, Jack the logger also sells some Magical seeds fro FREE!
185996-albums4987-picture50195.jpg
From left to right, front row: Egg, Magmathid, glacithid
mid row: Arachnathid, arachnathid warrior
Back row: Overqueen arachnathid, and overlord arachnathid
[r]
[r]

FaQs

What is this "Monster Carrier" thing?Simple, it's used to buy your animal
Where i can sell my animal?check where the monster carrier stop, put your animal in there
Note: More will come!

Last edited:
Level 17
Okay cool, put it on the first post!
And also since I have never heard of Monster Rancher could you put in the first post a bit of what the game is about?
o_O

Level 17
Ah okay, the screenshots are pretty cool except for the first one.
The first one has very flat terrain, trying use raise and lower tools more often.
:3

Level 17
Well if it's a village you should add some more stuff to the terrain to make it look more like a village.
I'm not saying you have bad terrain but you could improve it!
:)

Level 17
All of them with 'arachnathid', is it meant to be like that solely for the game or did you mean to spell arachnid?

Level 4
awsome ill most likely play it on single player for bugs and imbalances. mainly cause im not on b.net much anymore and i cant host at all:alol:

Level 2
i never beta tested a map, but it would be great if i could do it on this one.. would be good for experience, as i just started at this forum. And your map seems great, very fun to play.

-~C'mon, click and help my eggs hatch~-

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow, great map, cool terrain, Nice atmosphere :) (well at least on those pics :)) is possible for me to Join as a beta tester too? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.