• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

models - not working ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
well i wanted to contact an admin about this, but in the admin sub-forum said not to post world-editor-related topics... and the world-editor-related topics said not to post anything that isn't related to triggers.

so here i am. where i probably shouldn't be. (newbie here ^^;; )

problem: most of the models i downloaded from here aren't showing up in the world editor at all... except the medieval weapons pack.

all else (weapons, armor, items... whatever) is replaced by a green and black squared-pokadot... box-type thing.

any ideas as to why this is happening?

note: i tried on both maps i'm making... (both are rpg's - i'll post about it once i have created/learned more about the specifics of the engine -- i'm mostly stuck on making quests and a different line of resources to be used by the dead... gold isn't very useful when you're dead, so i wanted to make "favors" instead so you can buy your life back or something. i wanted to make it on a multiboard. ...... whoa. way past the original topic xD sorry guys) -- it didn't work on any of them.

so, any ideas?

PS: i dont have inet at home, so it may take awhile to respond... but rest assured, i'll be able to read what you guys have to say.

Level 31
Its always the same nooby question and always the same easy answer, but always an easy way to get rep ;)

1. Set right pathes

Nearly always, in the folder you downloaded there is a Readme file.
Open it and find out the right path. Copy it.
Now open the Import Manager in the World Editor.
After importing the model, double click on the imported file.
(or press right click on the file and choose "Modify Model Properties"
Now click into the gap to use a customn path.
Fill in the path out off the readme file and press okay.
Often you only have to remove the "war3mapImported\".

Now it should work, but if you use it the first time, a green box will appear in the World Editor. To fix this, do

2. Re-Open World Editor

After you set the right pathes, you have to close (and save) the WorldEditor and then open it again. Now the model will be shown properly in the WorldEditor.

Greets chilla_killa

Status
Not open for further replies.