• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World Editor sound is not working?

Level 3
I need help. For some reason, the sound in my World Editor is not working. As in, the sounds you make when placing units/doodads or playing a sound in sound editor is not doing anything. The game itself works though!! But the world editor has no sounds. It won't let me play dialogue in the sound editor, which I need to check when I make my cinematics. Does anyone know a proper fix? Again, the game itself has sound but not the world editor for some reason!

I don't know if this is related or anything, but ever since the newest patch came, my sound seemed to have stopped. I remember it working before the patch.

Level 25
I don't have that problem personally, so it seems like an issue just on your side.
Some things to try is:

1. In World Editor, click File -> Preferences. Go to Sound tab. Are sounds muted here?
1699712435751.png

2. Check Volume Mixer (if you are using Windows)
- In the lower-right corner where date and time is displayed, right-click the sound icon and select volume mixer. Is World Editor muted there?
1699712593352.png

3. Bluetooth device issues
This happened to me when I was using bluetooth-connected speakers. If I connected those speakers via bluetooth before starting WE, then all sounds played as expected. However if I connected those speakers after WE was already started, I heard no sound in WE. In this case, restarting WE resolved the issue.

Level 29
If you use any third-party WEs (like JNGP or WEX), the program will "mute" the sounds by default, at which you have to enable the appropriate options in one of the menus in the toolbar.
Make sure you have your speakers plugged in. If no sounds are detected, WE will display an error message (yellow texts) on bottom left corner.