• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 19: Poll

Vote for the best entry!

• [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1856930-post226.html"]Anarchianbedlam's "Narwhals Narwhals

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1845210-post123.html"]Pyramidhe@d's - "The Floating Rock"[/

Votes: 28 15.9%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1856610-post218.html"]DonDustin's - "Riderless Hippocampus"

Votes: 70 39.8%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1857024-post230.html"]The_Weird_Human's - "German Diver"[/U

Votes: 40 22.7%
  • [URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1858832-post248.html"]Debode's - "Ramming Galley?"[/URL]

Votes: 19 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
9.png

poll.png

Handsome_Squidward.jpg

Contest Theme: Water Units

Contestants are to create a water unit. A model that is primarily found in the water. Be creative and have fun

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  3. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  4. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  5. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  6. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  7. Your model must have these minimum animations:
    • Attack
    • Death
    • Stand
    • Walk

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

judges.png

1. Mr. Bob
2. Dionesiist

disclaimer.png

Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs.

Last edited:
Level 25
Ok then, We have a:
1- Narwhal
2- Sea Tank
3- Sea Horse Serpent
4- Big Daddy from Bioshock
5- Boat
expected:
Narwhal cause sing alongs of lyrics with every vote (high votes from specified audience)
Sea Tank awesomeness (who does not enjoy a tank?)
Sea Horse Serpent thing (naga lovers will fall in love again)
Bigdaddy (hard competition with the ones above)
Boat (it's a boat :/ no eye candy, no nothing, people usually don't give a crap about quality and animation, it's all what looks nice and the coolest models, good luck with that)

Level 49
Excuse me, anarchianbedlam, but I believe you did not provide a Work-in-Progress screenshot as was required. I've mentioned that during the contest's duration as well.

And why the "?" in the name of my entry? Yes, it's Ramming Galley. I don't see why would that be confusing, seeing how I announced the name in the post as well as in the model's name.

Oh, and anarchianbedlam... I suggest you wait for Pyritie to make a poll next time, seeing how he has access to notifications and he is the arena master. You forgot to make the voters visible to everyone, too.

I voted for Pyramidhe@d's "The Floating Rock". The design is creative and the shaking barrel is awesome. The animations are great, and there's lots of particles. It seems to have everything it needs to function well in-game, too.
DonDustin's Hippocampus was awesome, but the animations threw me off a little. Both models were great, but I preferred Pyramidhe@d's. I wish you would've finished that rider, Don!

Last edited:
Level 10
"Narwhals Narwhals swimming in the Ocean Causing a Commotion
Cuz they are so awesome
Narwhals Narwhals swimming in the ocean
Pretty big and pretty White
They beat a polarbear in a fight
Like an underwater Unicorn
They got a kickass facial horn!
Their the jedi's of the sea!
They stop Cthuly eating ye!
Narwhals they are Narwhals Narwhals!
Just dont let them touch your balls!
Narwhals They are narwhals!
Inventors of the Shishkebab!"

Best song ever.
The model's decent, but not too "Narwhal-ish". But still gets my vote.

Level 26
anarch you noob you forgot to make the poll visible

Why would the voters be public? wouldnt that create bias since you can view the voters before you have voted?

lrn2objectify

Excuse me, anarchianbedlam, but I believe you did not provide a Work-in-Progress screenshot as was required. I've mentioned that during the contest's duration as well.

And why the "?" in the name of my entry? Yes, it's Ramming Galley. I don't see why would that be confusing, seeing how I announced the name in the post as well as in the model's name.

Oh, and anarchianbedlam... I suggest you wait for Pyritie to make a poll next time, seeing how he has access to notifications and he is the arena master. You forgot to make the voters visible to everyone, too.

I voted for Pyramidhe@d's "The Floating Rock". The design is creative and the shaking barrel is awesome. The animations are great, and there's lots of particles. It seems to have everything it needs to function well in-game, too.
DonDustin's Hippocampus was awesome, but the animations threw me off a little. Both models were great, but I preferred Pyramidhe@d's. I wish you would've finished that rider, Don!

the ingame screenshot was the wip, it was an earlier version of it when i was testing it ingame. I could always post the ms3d file if you ponies want it.

Yea, i was gonna pm pyritie this morning, but he got it done so no harm no foul there.

and i totally agree, don, the model is great but it just seems a little pointless to have it all saddled up without a rider

Level 12
I voted depending on usefulness.
The useful models were the German guy (original but meh), Deolrin's rowboat (detailed but not very original), and Pyra's awesome roflzor tank. Definitely gets my vote.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Couldn't be arsed downloading the models to check the animations, so tell me I'm biased if you want. DonDustin got my vote anyway, a creative use of the Naga textures and the model looks neat. It was a hard pick, and I initially wanted to vote for Pyra, but the textures don't fit so well at times. The lion head is used too much for my taste and the half lion head (why?) on the side is kind of odd. Not a big fan of the diver or narwhal, no offence, but they look slapped together in a rush. The boat looks too fragile to my liking and I don't really understand why there's a tent on it in the first place.

Level 17
well i made the last poll invisible thinking that it would make it fair on everyone. the only real reason why we need to show the names is to make sure people dont vote their own stuff.

alternatively, we could have a poll system where all the names are visible to the the creator of the OP while hiding it to the public. just saying.

but because you are linking it to their posts, wouldn't that idea seem redundant?

Level 17

you said that you could just hide who did what model but you always link back to the users posts in the poll or somewhere on the first post, i was thinking that idea would be redundant unless of course you were using something like pastebin and gave them separate links.

DPL

DPL

Level 5
I vote for The_Weird_Human's - "German Diver".

LoL those narwhals look creepy o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.