1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Model section and Reforged

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by The_Silent, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I still need someone to come up with a detailed guide on how to properly export and optimize WoW models for Warcraft 3. A person with extensive knowlegde on 3D modeling tools, Warcraft 3 models and WoW models is preferred I guess.

@Tauer @The_Silent

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know nothing about wow models to be honest.

4. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hello I'm the global moderator of the warcraft underground website: Oops, there was an error! | Warcraft Underground

I talked with Henry(sites adminastor and owner) we can help about this topic and we can gladly move our resources to the WoW exports section, we also have HoTS ripping knowladge too, so we can surely help and make that WoW and HoTS exports sections

5. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Gotta admit that it's not my strong suit either. I pretty much work exclusively with my own models in 3Ds Max, so I'm not even that knowledgeable in other WC3 modeling tools.

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I do not mind if database gets split, or if it stays the same with a reforge tag or something.
    However
    I am concerned about the navigation as having two model links will be annoying. Or it becomes hidden like the sc2 section.

7. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just leaving this here

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "Do not host assets from other games"
    Unless we have the legal rights to? I mean, Blizzard ain't gonna check all our maps of which some have models ripped from other games, you know.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  9. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :eekani:

Now, does the Blizzard Legal team think they own the Hive as well as its content creators?

10. Power

Power

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hello guys. Owner of Warcraft Underground. Ralle brought some very good news . If you are interested about WoW Modeling and Rips we can provide you with anything you want!

Long Live WC3.

11. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cough.

12. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello there! Welcome :)

Well, we need a detailed guide on how to export WoW models (tools needed etc.) how to make them compatible with Warcraft 3, how to optimize them i.e. remove any unesscary files and animations, how to add a portrait to the model etc.

@General Frank any input here?

@FerSZ has already agreed to help out with the optimization part of the guide.

13. Power

Power

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Almost every year we create some tutorials, but now me and some fellow underground members can create a perfect one, You can wait some days and we will provide you everything :)

14. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Excellent! That's what we need. If approved by the site administration & modeling moderation team, it will be featured in our upcoming Blizzard Exports section under WoW Exports as a Sticky Post.

Of course! Looking forward to it :)
    You can start working on it here: Tutorial Submission

We appreciate your help!

15. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I would like to have a strong separation of our current model model base, upcoming Reforged models and WOW export.
    I'm not speaking about tags, I am speaking of a whole new section for them.
    I feel that mixing them will make some people lose faith in the current system and Hive in general, but if we manage to make every section as clear as possible to be distinguished by the kind of resources are in it should be fine.

16. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's the plan ;)

17. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    At first I thought that seemed a bit out of place too.
    But as I thought about it, it sort of makes sense.

If Blizzard allows the upload of models to a third party website, it means that they support it.
    Of course they do not want support a site which hosts stolen things that they do not have the right to upload.

I suppose they mean RIPS from other games, not a model section for another game.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Surely otherwise, Blizz RIPs were a thing before too so, I don't think they can do much about it anyway especially when this site is one of if not the the most central Warcraft III supporting ones.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  19. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yeah, like the models section has two categories like #Classic and #Reforged, well, what if the model or content is for both games?

20. Power

Power

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources: