• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Search results annoy me to a halt (Reforged/Classic resources)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Why does Reforged get its own model section yet when i search outside of those catagories i still get results that are Reforged ?

i was soo happy they got their own section, so i won't be annoyed by Reforged models in my search results.

Also can someone do something about random icons results being freaking 256x256 in the search that only few of em just take up half the screen of a search result or just sit there under the resource for the model ? it takes up soo much of my screens space.

i'll click on the thing if i want to zoom it lol, 64x64 ones won't zoom cuz they can't, and 256x256 will, i don't like giant images casually dropping by when i'm viewing resources.

Also please either get Reforged icons their own section or for the love of god shrink down the icon sizes for search results for Icons. its extremely uncomfortable to have these giant images pop in the middle of viewing regular icons.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Search needs some tweaks
serach.png

Level 22
Random 256x256 icons popping up might be my fault, since I've been uploading a 256x256 enlarged preview of all of my icons to make mods job easier ever since I started posting icons on here.

I wonder if I should remove those now that HD reforged 256x256 icons are a thing.

Level 17
Random 256x256 icons popping up might be my fault, since I've been uploading a 256x256 enlarged preview of all of my icons to make mods job easier ever since I started posting icons on here.

I wonder if I should remove those now that HD reforged 256x256 icons are a thing.

I'm not sure if i ever ran into you as a problem, this is what i'm talking about. can we please shrink images in search results or the ones in resource previews below ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    316.1 KB · Views: 64
Level 17
Those are supposed to be big because they are Reforged versions: 256x256 instead of the Classic 64x64.

I know why are they big, but why does it have to be that big in previews for resources exactly ? or other search results.

Search needs some tweaks

Thanks this tip worked out, also i was under the impression that advanced search settings is something we can tweak and save and just have it work like that permanently but now i know you have to do it every time, so that part is clear for me now.

Search is balls, I know.

But there's one tick that might help you:
View attachment 364515
If you untick that one, it won't look in the sections inside. Also, you can multi-select to selected Models and Ported Models if you want.
Thanks for the tip i'll try to make use of this in future searching attempts.

================================================================

@deepstrasz hey, so take a look at this Chaos Combust (Reforged)

Don't you think this image size is excessive ? funny thing, in the icons section 256x256 icon sizes in its search results are properly shrinked and only look slightly bigger then regular ones which i got no problems with.

But these previews for models show in full size which is annoying. also when you scroll down this icon, shouldn't those icons be in smaller size so we're not force to scroll down so much ? not the main preview of the resources that's fine, i'm talking about the ones below.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
But these previews for models show in full size which is annoying. also when you scroll down this icon, shouldn't those icons be in smaller size so we're not force to scroll down so much ? not the main preview of the resources that's fine, i'm talking about the ones below.
That's an issue with bundles since forever, with models, maps etc. not just icons.
Well, the 256x256 icons show as they should in the sense, that their original size is being shown like the Classic 64x64 are shown in their original size.

Level 17
Hah, that's funny. I didn't think of that.

Well, I think you might have to endure it for a while longer as I spend the energy I have at the end of the day pushing Hive 3 – Remoosed over the finishing line.

Hive 3 Remoosed is hype!!!!

That's an issue with bundles since forever, with models, maps etc. not just icons.
Well, the 256x256 icons show as they should in the sense, that their original size is being shown like the Classic 64x64 are shown in their original size.

Alright, i do start to understand how this all works now. guess i'll hope for better SoonTM. but thanks for all your help, tips and explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.