1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mini-Mapping Contest #8 ~ Dungeon

Discussion in 'Submissions Archive' started by Vengeancekael, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If anybody with a good knowledge in the triggering department wants to partner I'm looking for one. I'm entering with the hopes of winning and want to put a lot of time into this to make it the best it can be, so I expect the same of my partner and only want to partner with someone who has the same mindset. I don't want to enter and make something mehh, I want to win.

I work as a producer and editor-in-chief as my real jobs so I know how to properly run things, which is why I will take charge of the general concept along with doing the terraining, while my partner would be in charge of the bulk of the coding as well as most of the object editor work. I'm tough to work with as I expect a lot from you, but if you're hard working and keep to schedule the end product should come out great.

2. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ^I definitely encourage people to work with this guy, he's one of the best around here.

Also the judging criteria has finally been updated:
    Checking Field Explanation Points
    Originality: Unique features will raise your amount of points, you can also get points if you build on an already existing idea, but you get creative and really improve that idea. You can score up to 25 points here.
    Terrain: Make sure the dungeon is very atmospheric, it is recommended that you make it really dark and foggy and very mysterious, but if you have any better ideas, go for it, but the most common idea is always a dark&dangerous dungeon. Take care of the details, rocks falling down, or maybe a prisoner escaping from his cell, animation in the environment also counts towards your points. You can score up to 20 points here.
    Gameplay: The main aspect of the judging criteria - Whatever you do, originality doesn't matter in this point, you just have to manage to make the game fun to play, nothing repetitive, maybe side-objectives with a side-story, really hard puzzles, traps, etc.
    Even if you get 0 points for originality, there's a slight chance that you'll still be able to get high points for gameplay.
    You can score up to 35 points here.
    Triggering: Small amount of leaks will not affect your points too much, however if none of your memory leaks are removed, then you will get a penalty. Does the game slow down too much because of inefficiency of some triggers or maybe too many memory leaks? You can score up to 10 points here.
    Object Data/Map Presentation: The tooltips structure - Has the user spammed too many colors, is the text readable, does it contain the necessary information, etc.?
    Also make sure the different units have the right shadow image size, the unit naming (no dummy names).
    Has the user used active icons for usable spells and passive icons for passive/aura spells?
    If he has edited the UI, has he done it properly and not messed up the rest of it? If you have not edited the UI then you will get neither negative nor positive points.
    Are the selection circles of the different units modified?
    Are the in-game messages informative, necessary, readable, not spammed, etc.
    The spells a hero has should have icons with the same color gradient. (Not a blue icon, a green one, etc.)
    You can score up to 10 points here.

bowser has said that the results for the previous contest will be released today, so expect this contest to start in the weekend.

To close things off, everyone this is your last chance to discuss the theme and its restrictions (which have been updated, check the main post), as well as the new judging criteria, once the contest starts there will be no changing of anything.

Also if anyone wishes to be the second judge, let me know. I will inform every contestant via pm when the contest starts as well.

3. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you sure you need more badges Raging? XD

Judging criteria is looking good! Im excited for this one.

~Asomath

4. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Any ideas as to what you might be wanting to make? You're obviously a very experienced person and partnering with you would be a fantastic choice, but I'm want to know what ideas you have for the submission.

5. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Yeh i would need someone possibly with a great coding ability (better than me) or else it won't be worth me partnering up with someone and will only merely slow me down. >.>
    For anyone who's interested contact me. My terraining ability has improved A LOT over the time I've been doing Wc3 modding. Check my last submission from the last mapping contest If you want. And I still realized that that terrain could still need improvements.

6. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Might enter this contest and actually finish a map.

7. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm in with DeathChef and I have an awesome idea for highly dynamic gameplay =3

8. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    We should be going already. I think we have lost at least 50% of the competitors who in the beginning planned to join the competition.

This is just ridiculous.

9. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I dont think we can go until the last contest is judged!

~Asomath

10. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And I think we can. That's just lame excuse. :[

11. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Who are these?

12. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm just saying. I can't be sure, but after waiting weeks after weeks people really loses their motivation.

13. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually i don't mind the delay.

Since by this time i learned to 3d model so my potential entry might only get better.

Also been bussy with other stuff so the wait is quite nice.

14. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The next main focus is the event at the moment. If the event begins, another contest may not start, while the Arena is frozen. So, I really need the results to be posted and approve of this.

15. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm okay with this. I'm just worried about this contest being forgotten.

16. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It won't be; it's still here, isn't it ;)

17. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    And still forgotten? - subscriping, seems like this is the next contest.

18. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, Mini Mapping Contest #7 has now gotten its results released! Hopefully we can load this contest up and get it started!

~Asomath

19. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And then it gets frozen? :S

20. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials: