• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is called a mini-game for a reason. What is the point of doing the same simple - maybe crazy - thing for half an our? It gets boring..

Read my full post before you start acting like a smart ass. This is a game that is designed to last for a short amount of time if everything goes smoothly and someone wins all the time, but everything is up to the players which means that the map can take perhaps 5-10 minutes but if there is a full house (10 players) and long gametime has been chosen then it could take alot longer depending on the players skills.

Level 11
My entry - The Escape Plan

Oh, raging, I'm not acting like a "smart ass" :S I'm just trying to route this competition in the right way. Anyway, that message wasn't even pointed to you..

Ok, I'm ready with my map, here it is.

The Escape Plan

Up to 8 players can play, but you can play individually too.
You have to escape from the special "prison", by teleporting from one cell to the other, by using the beacons. Each cell has 4 beacons, each of them teleports to an other one. Only one beacon teleports to the exit.
In the beginning, you can choose a runner (a hero). Each of them has an ability with which you can disturb your opponents, or "flee" from them.
If you do not teleport somewhere in 10 seconds, guards will spot you out, that means you'll be knocked out!
The game ends after 3 runners escape.

The solution for the puzzle is always random!

The game needs attention, good memory, and luck.
Have fun!

Attachments

• The Escape Plan.w3x
    203.1 KB · Views: 159
Exactly.

Anyways, I would still like to get a straight answer from DSG about this "15 min max" rule as it does not really take into consideration that not all maps are time based but can be both long and short in play time. My map as an example as I stated several times earlier cannot be judged on it's play time as it depends on how many players are in the game and who wins the rounds there is. If one guy wins all the time the game will be over quick but if everybody win some rounds it can take a lot longer.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The 15 min max rule is an aim for, as long as your game can be completed in under 15 minutes it is ok. If your map has a timer with 20 minutes untill game ends then that would violate the rule. But if your map can last an hour but a round can be done in under 15 minutes it is still ok. Remember this is a mini game and so longer maps are not so mini game like so people might not vote for them.

I would recomend having the average round last atmost 15-20 minutes or else it is too long for a real minigame but longer is allowed as long as the game/round can be finished in under 15 minutes in the right conditions.

Level 5
So, I guess i will have no chance to finish my new mini-game..

I am drowning in my exams, so I barely ahve time to visit this webpage.. Anyway, I will be counting my boat race as my final mini-game for the contest.. My computer crashed too, so I have no modding tool anyway.. :p

I am almost done though a major bug with Warcraft has come in my way, but once that is bypassed or not (then I would have to use an ugly alternative) then my minigame is done besides from balancing out things. I am not 100% sure I can make it within the contest date though, but I hope so, it's just all this exam rush, damn it. Else I'll just submit it totally unbalanced and untested :p

Level 7
I just heard of this now, but if I work several hours a day I bet I can get it done.
Mine is a unique minigame based on knockbacks - you must try to move your opponent into the 'lava' without being pushed yourself, and while in the lava you take massive damage per second. It will have several buffer spells which change how units move (for example, the distance they are knocked back and the direction, etc.)

Level 9
Barrel Ball(6)

This map plays similar to basketball, fused with dodgeball you have to throw the barrel into a crater*hoop* to score, and must hit 10 25 or 50 to win. The points needed to win are decided by player 1 who should be red, this map was made in my freetime after I saw this thread. You can punch people to knock them out of the game temporarily, as well as steal the barrel from them or a team mate, and of course lastly you can throw the barrel.

Attachments

• Barrelball 1.0.w3x
    19.2 KB · Views: 120
Level 7
Just an update:
So far I have completed the basic slide system and terrain, along with several other spells.
Theres a normal knockback, which pushes you back, a pull spell, which pulls them towards you, and a spell which reduces how far you are pulles for 10 seconds.
I also have several powerups, resistance (decreases the distancee you are knocked back), distance (increases the distance of your knockbacks), and speed (increases your movespeed). I also plan to do items which modify your base abilities, as well as an AoE knockback spell.

Level 4
Hello, i really don't have time to finish it today, but well, here is the almost finished version of my Defend the House.
Enjoy, ps: its REALLY hard to do alone, so if you wanna ''cheat'' >.< then,
write ''Testgold'' and you get like 999999 gold. :)

Attachments

• Defend The House.w3x
    51.7 KB · Views: 84
Level 6
Team Battle Tanks

Here is my Mini-Game entry. Team Battle Tanks.

It is a team based mini game. Each team must have 2 players in order to function; 1 to drive the tank, the other to aim the cannon. The driver needs to dodge other cannons and pick up ammo for his gunner. supports up to 6 teams of 2! The last tank standing wins.

Attachments

• Team Battle Tanks.w3x
    233.1 KB · Views: 67
Level 7
I plan to add 1-2 new items and upload it by 9.00 tonight (Eastern time, 3 hours from now)
The only bugs i'm encountering right now is the fact that when a player leaves i cant get his units to be killed, but i can probably fix that with some tinkering.

Level 36
Here To DL Stuff, your map reminds me vaguelly of one that a friend of mine made. Mass Wars it was called. One yet makes another unit that makes more units and more and more, and so on.

Raging, you sure are keeping us in suspense :grin:

I'll upload mine later tonight. The map isn't as complete as I'd like it to be, but it certainly has enough to be playable. As I say in the intro "May the calmest person win" xD

Here's my map. Ping Wars. Survive the longest by keeping the number of Sheep down, and by not lagging out, of course. GL HF.

View attachment Ping Wars.w3x

Last edited:
Level 7
Heres mine.
Battle for Erathor
v1.12
The objective of my game is to knock your opponents into the pit of fire located in the center of the map. You have 3 abilities- A knockback, a knock towards you, and a spell which reduces the strength of your enemies knockbacks.
You also have an arsenal of items which add additional effects to your existing abilities or just increase their effects.
Finally, there are randomly spawning runes and items around the map. For one, the rock, lasts for ever. Whenever you throw it it will stun the target for 4 seconds, but the target will also recieve the rock. There are also runes: Rune of Fire Immunity, Rune of Invulnerability, and Rune of Speed.
Battle on!

Attachments

• Battle for Erathor 1.12(P).w3x
    41.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 7
SUICIDAL ZERGLING DODGE
1157231102SucidalZerglingDodge121d.jpg

www.WorpeX.co.nr

Dodge or use your abilities to advance to the end of the channel! If a zergling manages to hit you, you'll explode! This game requires a strategy and lots of teamwork to win!

-Hope im not too late to join. *lol, 4 minutes till the 15th here.

Attachments

• Sucidal Zergling Dodge! 1.22.w3x
    104.1 KB · Views: 75
Level 6
Team Battle Tanks

Ok, my preview image was 265 instead of 256. So the other version had a white screen. Just a small fix! I think the fixed pic might be late, if that is the case just use the previously uploaded one.

Attachments

• Team Battle Tanks.w3x
    229.9 KB · Views: 117
Level 24
Well my amp is about 4 membs of the THW-Ralle,Rui,NearbyHermit(me:))) and Wolverabid.Our mission is to eradicate a virus from a teritory and we race trought all THW fighting against the Anti-THW.The game is like this Immolation traps.Spinning Blademasters.Walking galives.And range units with slow missiles but extra fast atk speed.The map is playable.Oh the members must run trough a maze and their pressed by doodads with large amounts of HP (the mebers have low dmg)pressed by doodads ,slow missiles that come from behind ,hoping that a glaive wont hit you.This map will win.but dont know how to attach to post.I think im gonna add a new meber to the hero poll:Brad_Dude with the Spell-I need my Coffee-wich gives him 1000% attack speed and movespeed.:))))))))))

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You left out Dr Super Good from that map so I might not except it. . . .
Especially since I am the one who is running this contest. . .

Well anyway the contest is now closed. Thanks to many peoples stupidity do not expect the poll to be up soon since half the maps names were badly named and so I need to manually rename it and all the organization for the prize might take time.

Good luck and may the best mini-game win!!!

Here is my entry, Pirate tag 1.3. I hope it gets accepted even though I submitted a little to late because I worked hard at this the last 15 days while also struggling with exams up untill yesterday, I worked on the map up untill just a few minutes ago.

Everything is vote based, the map is open source, proper credit is given, everything in the map should work and so on.

It's for up to 10 players.

It is a tag map where 1 guy is the catcher, he then has to catch others and they become catchers aswell untill everyone is caught, last guy alive wins the round and is next rounds first catcher. You move by the IJKL keys, not by mouse or arrow keys. Spells for hotkeys react much faster :)

Edit: Found a bug, updating map right now, will have it back up ASAP.
Edit2: Fixed the bugs, map is back up.

Attachments

• Pirate Tag 1.3.w3x
    151.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.