• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Contest: Wc3:WoW Logo Competition {FINISHED}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
wc3wowhostedproject.gif

Wc3:WoW Logo Mini-Contest
Contest Deadline: September 28th, 2007.
Contest is over.
Greetings fellow users of Hive Workshop!
It has been decided that Wc3:WoW needs a new logo, but the one I've made is apparently the best we can get; and what we've got now is currently out-dated and doesn't look cool enough or professional enough. So the purpose of this contest is simple: Who ever can create the best Wc3:WoW logo gets rewarded and the logo will replace our current one being used.

The winner will receive credit on the website's The Team page, get additional +reputation, be added to the Closed Beta Testing team, and will be given a new title to replace "Member" to "Logo Contest Winner" and will also be able to choose any color they wish to show in their user name such as turning "Craka_J" to "Craka_J".
And if Wolverabid agrees, you'll also get a custom icon to apear under your profile to show that you've earned something.

There will be second and third place winners as well, but their rewards won't be as supreme. Here is the rewards list:
First Place Winner:
  • Gets put into the Closed Beta Testing Team and will have a chance to experience new features and so on that has never been seen before in public!.
  • Username color change at the Official Forum.
  • Credit for winning logo in website's The Team page.
  • 1st Place logo will be used for the real Wc3:WoW game in loading screens, websites, and forums.
  • Title at Official Forum for first place winner of Wc3:WoW Logo Contest.
  • +20 Reputation Points.
Second Place Winner:
  • +15 Reputation Points.
  • Gets put into the Closed Beta Testing Team and will have a chance to experience new features and so on that has never been seen before in public!
  • Title at Official Forum for second place winner of Wc3:WoW Logo Contest.
Third Place Winner:
  • +10 Reputation Points.
  • Gets put into the Closed Beta Testing Team and will have a chance to experience new features and so on that has never been seen before in public!
  • Title at Official Forum for third place winner of Wc3:WoW Logo Contest.
Here are some answers that should answer a few of your questions (if any):
  • Title must be "WC3:WoW" or "Warcraft 3 : World of Warcraft" or "Warcraft III: World of Warcraft". Title can not be "World of Warcraft III" due to legality issues.
  • Logo must be by you, no partners!
  • Logo must be made on computer. Sketches, doodles, and other pen/pencil on paper art will not be accepted.
  • Copy & Pastes are acceptable, but must be in very good quality. Blurryness in C&P images gets disqualified. Credit must be given to creator of image you are C&Ping.
Contest Deadline: September 28th, 2007
Contest is over.

Good luck!
~Craka_J; Leader of the Wc3:WoW Team

Last edited:
Level 3
i will do my best .. but first i would like to see a sample, to see in my mind how should it look

Level 25
Yes. Currently our official logo is the image attached to this post, which is also the header of our official forum at: http://z4.invisionfree.com/war3wow/

The title of our current logo is "World of Warcraft 3", but we cannot use that as our real project's title because it violates copyright laws. Therefor, it is required that you make the title as "Wc3:WoW". How must it look? Well making it look as similar to the real WoW's logo as possible is what we're really looking for, but something a bit better and different, for example:
The WoW logo, but replace the words; meaning replace the word "World of" with "WC3" and replace "Warcraft" with WoW. Shouldn't be very hard to do. But that's not all we want, we want you to make it look more unique and maybe change the color of the world behind the words such as changing it from blue, to red or something that would look cool and blend at the same time.

At the moment, there is no deadline. But I will come up with one very soon. Probably by the end of this week there will be one, without a question in my mind. However I will most likely make the deadline on September 26th, 2007. (my birthday!)

Well... good luck to all of you, and let the competition begin!
~Craka_J; Leader of the Wc3:WoW Team.

Level 9
Ok, here's what I've got so far. Bear in mind the background can be very easily changed, and the color if needed.

Added in my other one, with blue glow and the WoW map in the background. I like it more.

Attachments

• Warcraft3WoW.jpg
    Warcraft3WoW.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,488
  • Warcraft3WoWMap.jpg
    Warcraft3WoWMap.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 2,792
Last edited:

at

at

Level 4
gearbox: Looks good, but without doubt that icon will make 99% of everyone think about World War III ^^ Science fiction?

Level 6
. . .

I thought it wasnt aloud to say "Warcraft" Yet the best one so far says "WARCRAFT 3
WoW"

Ok, here's what I've got so far. Bear in mind the background can be very easily changed, and the color if needed.

Added in my other one, with blue glow and the WoW map in the background. I like it more.

Could you at least say you C&P it from the Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos Logo

"you should get your eyes check"??? Maybe if it wasn't like 80 by 64

Level 6

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 878
Level 9
get your eyes checked:spell_breaker:

It's like 80 by 64.

Could you at least say you C&P it from the Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos Logo

I assume most people know the logo who check in on this site ;)

I Copy/Pasted the Warcraft III part, but the stone backdrop on the "WoW" is done by myself. Of course, the "WoW" writing itself is C/P, and the O is edited.

Level 6
This is my first attempt of C&Ping more then 1 part of the three and making it look liek one from the Warcraft 3 reign of chaos logo.

(I need help :thumbs_up:with the fitting of the III because it looks a bitofset but I can't think of a way to fix that.)

Also, here is the normal 3 with a drop shadow.

Is it just me or is the III darker?

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Logo2.jpg
    Logo2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 327
Level 6
Another wip, I couldn't figure out a good way for the III to look good, so I decided I'll do what Warcraft 3 The frozen Throne and Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos did.

EDIT: I removed the black backround so it can go over pictures without having the black box and fixed the III

Attachments

• Logo5.jpg
    Logo5.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,388
Last edited:
Level 6
Okay, I changed the glow on mine to better match my edited RoC logo. Just for fun I added in reflections of characters in the WoW Cinematic.

Sweet logo! I was thinking maybe you should add a border because right now the shape kinda looks like a bat or like batmans signal thing.

Also, being able to see reflections is cool but it's hard to tell what they are. I think the first one is a dwarf but what are the others?

Level 25
Well, well, well... looks like there's finally some good competition in this thread now. We'll need more competitors to join though to make this contest into a really good useful one. If you have a friend who may be interested in WC3:WoW and/or has good skills with making cool logos and images on the computer, please introduce him to this thread!
~Craka_J

Level 8
i suck at logoin but im gona learn so i can try and win and get into the closed beta test *drools*

Level 9
Sweet logo! I was thinking maybe you should add a border because right now the shape kinda looks like a bat or like batmans signal thing.

Also, being able to see reflections is cool but it's hard to tell what they are. I think the first one is a dwarf but what are the others?

Yeah, I had it zoomed in a little when I made them, and it is kinda tough to see. I plan to edit it a bit more, and the border too.

Level 1
Here is my entry for the logo contest.

Large

Small

Hope it's good enough

Wc3: WOW
Logo Contest
The first try didn't work...
Large

Small
D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\Jem's

[EDIT by Wolve]
g0_j3m: You must upload your images using the vBulletin attachment tool:
attach.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25
Thanks for the entry!
The logo is good, but it's fairly obvious that it's CnP work with the Frozen Throne logo and WoW logo. Make the background of the WoW logo black too so it blends with the rest of the logo. Borders around the image is nice btw.
~Craka_J

Level 6
Thanks for the reply i'll work on it now and try to make it better.

Okay this is my fix up version.
Now its proper Wc3 : WOW not World of Wacraft 3 the Frozen Throne

Small Logo
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/jemuel12/SmallWc3WOW.jpg

Large Logo
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/jemuel12/LargeWc3WOW2.jpg

Maybe you should try to fix the globe cause it kinda just randomly ends. You could try filling it black and then drawing something at the border of the globe just before it gets cut off so people get the illusion that it's ended.

Level 3
There it is my new one with a white background so it can be put over things, it is able to be scaled down to the size you need to the I I I Bit wont look as bad but I trred with it :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

WC3-2.jpg

This Better ? well pick the one you like.

WC3R.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.