• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Metamorphosis behaving oddly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
When I cast Metamorphosis, the unit gets the stats of the other form, but stays in its orignial form. When the duration ends, the stats return to normal, but the model changes to alternate form and a new "duration" is starting to count down. When that one ends, all is as usual.

Help me fix this perhaps?
(I don't know any jass)

Level 17
Only one metamorphosis.
The thing is, units in my map learn spells by triggers, so that might be causing the issue?

1. of all the 2ndary form (transformed unit) also must get the metamorph ability

2. if u added via trigger then u must make it permanent

• set unit = *your unit*
  • Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_unit, true, '****')
  • //**** is ability rawcode
if u dont make ability permanent then original unit lose the ability when transform, if it is permanent the unit have the ability after transform back

Level 7
2. if u added via trigger then u must make it permanent

• Custom script: call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(udg_unit, true, '****')
Did you add "alternateex" to the Art - Required Animation Name field and "alternate" to Art - Required Attachment Link/Bone Name to the transform unit?

Did these things, and it works :) thanks guys :)

(Shadows, i'd rep you, but i recently did so yeah)

Status
Not open for further replies.