1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Metal Helmet

Submitted by Astaroth Zion
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
A standard simple metal helmet, offers some extra protection to the nose.
Uses only ingame textures, it is meant to be used as an attachment.

(Attachment point= "head")

!!INCLUDED TEAM COLORED version in Portrait!!

How to use this attachment's TC
Well here I will post a brief introduction of how to make this attachment use properly the TC ingame. WITH OUT ANY TRIGGERS
The first thing is to create an item ability that can display correctly the armour model. I assumed that you have already imported my TC helm model.
  • Open object editor and go to abilities tab.
  • Go to Neutral Hostile/Units and select ability "Life Regeneration Aura"
  • Right click on selected ability and select create new custom ability (new name is not important, just remember it).
  • Select the new created ability and go to field (Stat-Item Ability) check it, and now the field will say TRUE.
  • Now clear all stats. For example set (Stat-Amount of hit points regenerated)=0
  • In field (Stats-Targets Allowed) uncheck everything and check "Self)
  • Now in field (Art-Target) select "Add model" now in the new window select "Import" and look for my helmet model.
  • Finally in field (Art-Target Attachment Point 1) click on it and click "Add String", then type "head" and enter.
The next step is to add this ability to a item. Just do it normally like when you add abilities to any item, don't forget to add the items "normal" abilities like +2 defense or +50 life.

The great thing about using this method is that every time your unit acquire the item the helm will display, and when the unit drops or looses the item the model will also disapear without a single Trigger involved. Helm color will also change if the unit controller changes.

This is the way I used to make my helm team color work. You can use any other method of your choice, most likely it will be more efficient than mine. :D

This model is part of the Knight's Armour attachment set.
Knight's attachment set

Change Log

29-May-2016
  • First submission (includes regular and team colored versions)
  • Golden Border version can be found here.

Give credit if you used, and do not redistribute or edit without my consent.

Special thanks to Mr. Goblin for his awesome Villager Skin for the villager man that I am using in the screenshot.

Keywords:
Attachment,Steel,Iron,Helmet,Helm, Head,Villager Man,Metal,Metallic,Team Color,Team Colored,Villager,Medieval
Contents

Metal Helmet (Model)

Metal Helmet (Model)

Reviews
11:21, 9th Jun 2016 The_Silent: Lacks death animation.
  1. 11:21, 9th Jun 2016
    The_Silent: Lacks death animation.

2. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Reserved to upload other textures and Team Color Patters.

So first we got several team color patters, let me know if you need an specific one from this list so I can send it to you.
    [​IMG]

3. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't understand how this is "too simple".

4. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why the hell is this in the "too simple" category?

5. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hive is still new so many problems will be fixed (give it 5 years). Meanwhile if you have questions just ask a moderator.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  6. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I suppose so, but I still do not understand the reason for this "update". The old hive had more than 5 years to develop and it was well-polished, instead of fixing its minor issues and adding new features, which would take much less time and work, they decided to remake the site (almost) from scratch. Seems like an illogical decision, considering some features from the old hive were even removed :(
    But let's not get offtopic here.
    The model is well made, well wrapped and with a good filesize, I don't see how it could be improved 5/5.

7. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well here's one reason why its in 'substandard' , both models lack the disappearing death anim

8. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Indeed, the death anim is missing.

I am working on my entry for the Techtree Contest #11, after it's finish I will add the missing anim to my attachment models.

9. RedLord

RedLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm... Another Helmet by ZION! Good Job! :D:D