• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metal Fence

Here you go, a metal fence!
- Only in-game textures
- Less than 100 polies
- 7kb filesize

NOTE: this model goes well with my barbed wire model (seen on the screenshot)
Oh and I might do an animated version.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
fence,metal,barbed,wire,teaspoon
Contents

Metal Fence (Model)

Reviews
16:06, 15th May 2010 General Frank: Pretty useful model. Approved.

M

16:06, 15th May 2010
General Frank:

Pretty useful model. Approved.

Level 14
its useful as hell (as the request section also reveals). well made, but every wire doesnt end/start where it should. it isnt that noticeable, but when you look at the top side e.g. really carefully then you see that some wires end before reaching the metal tube.

i think you should fix those little errors, since it doesnt affect the filesize or the polycount of the model - only quality improves.

Level 27
Okay, this is what we already have made:
-Broken cars
-Boxes/barrels for modern warfare
-Urban ruins
-Telephone poles
-Light poles
So maybe you could create some kind of... hmmm... Modern-like versions of dodads that already exist? Or maybe some kind of arbed wires/ tank traps/ "Mines!" signs and sandbag walls? That would be awesome...

Level 13
Okay, this is what we already have made:
-Broken cars
-Boxes/barrels for modern warfare
-Urban ruins
-Telephone poles
-Light poles
So maybe you could create some kind of... hmmm... Modern-like versions of dodads that already exist? Or maybe some kind of arbed wires/ tank traps/ "Mines!" signs and sandbag walls? That would be awesome...

All of those things you suggested are already created. And stay on topic plz.

Level 13
Do more "throw-away" destroyable stuff like shops, hotdog stands, fire hydrants, etc. if you want ideas :)

Yeah that would be cool but, when you think about it it's all about wc3, and making wc3 maps better. And I've never seen any map that could use a hotdog stand or anything. And most of these modern civilization maps never get completely done or end up really messy. So I don't want to put time in making something that wont be used.

It's very useful, but i think making everything in-game textured have gone a bit over the edge. This has way more polygons than it could have.

I made my own private model for this purpouse once, using Punisher's apocalypse textures. It looked like this:

attachment.php

As you may see, using textures on planes rather than polygons.
Unless you have any objections, i might upload my own set of fences. The textures needs some layout tweaks, but othwerwise it is very thorough - it includes cornerpieces and doorways, aswell as broken pieces.

Attachments

• ScreenShot011.png
    ScreenShot011.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 260
Level 13
It's very useful, but i think making everything in-game textured have gone a bit over the edge. This has way more polygons than it could have.

I made my own private model for this purpouse once, using Punisher's apocalypse textures. It looked like this:

attachment.php

As you may see, using textures on planes rather than polygons.
Unless you have any objections, i might upload my own set of fences. The textures needs some layout tweaks, but othwerwise it is very thorough - it includes cornerpieces and doorways, aswell as broken pieces.

Yeah, I debated if I would go with alpha texturing or in-game. And well personally I don't think I've gone over the edge with in-game textures, I find alot of them good and I'd actually say that I use them rather well too. I'd love to make a cool custom texture, but I can't even draw a good smiley (on the computer, otherwise I'm an ok drawer). And second, I do lots of simple doodads which I think it's best to stay with in-game so that you don't have to import txtrs too. Since the model still is very low filesize it doesnt matter if it has more polies.
And last; feel free to upload what you want, I made this fence cause I though it'd be useful and more fences can't hurt :p

EIDT: by the way, that fence looks rally cool

Level 2
I've been waiting for a chain link fence model for a very long time. Thank you for creating this! 5/5 for being amazingly useful.