• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Metal Gauntlet

Update 1: Chain Mail Gauntlet for the villager model. Texture updated to a high definition one. Using only ingame textures.

Right hand gauntlet (Attachment point= "hand,right")
Left hand gauntlet (Attachment point= "hand,left")

The right hand gauntlet is the model, and the left hand gauntlet is the portrait.

23-Dec-2012
  • First submission
  • White Version (not yet done)
  • Corrected internal name and eliminate unused geoset

11-May-2016 FIRST UPDATE
  • Changed ingame texture to a more detailed one.

154672d1463011667-metal-gauntlet-comparison-metal-guantlet-tier-1.png

Give credit if you used, and do not redistribute or edit without my consent.

Special thanks to Mr. Goblin for his awesome Villager Skin for the villager man that I am using in the screenshot.

Keywords:
Metal, Shield, Wood, Gear, Equip, Metallic, Protection, Knight, Mail, Heavy,Tier, Glove, Gloves, Gauntlet, Gauntlets
Contents

Metal Gauntlet (Model)

Metal Gauntlet (Model)

Reviews
22:23, 2nd Jan 2013 -Grendel: pretty useful. i mean, nobody has done this before. so we better be expecting more unique attachments from you soon.

M

22:23, 2nd Jan 2013
-Grendel: pretty useful. i mean, nobody has done this before. so we better be expecting more unique attachments from you soon.

Level 11
Ohh the new texture looks much better, nicely done :D

BTW, when I made my Kenshiro skin and used your gauntlet model, I noticed the attachment was meant for the regular villager and looks odd on the 255 animation one.

Could you perhaps do some minor changes for that model as well? That'd be cool :D

Level 18
Ohh the new texture looks much better, nicely done :D

BTW, when I made my Kenshiro skin and used your gauntlet model, I noticed the attachment was meant for the regular villager and looks odd on the 255 animation one.

Could you perhaps do some minor changes for that model as well? That'd be cool :D

Indeed that villager (255 version) is much thinner. Also its wrist move waay more than the regular one. To make Guantlets T1 to fit on it it will need to be divided in 2 models, 1 for the hand itself and 1 for the bracer area.

PS: if you need a Guantlet for the 255 model for a project I might be able to make it as a request.

Level 18
Great models, a really beaultful work!
*Portrait version is mising in the file!

Wow thanks, I didn´t notice. Ok now both chianmails are up (Right and Left Hand).

PS: Villager 255 versions would be great, too!
That model hands are just too akward, and move a lot more. 2 models for each gauntlet will be needed at least, (a hand and a wrist gauntlet per side).