• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mathias Chronicles I - The Pursuit

mathiaslogo-png.351451

matbuttonhaul1-png.373325

A single-player campaign based on Savage Potato's classic series of the same name.
Set during the events of the Third War, the story follows the illegitimate son of King
Terenas and his desperate big to prove he is worthy of the crown. Will he succeed?

The campaign was remade from the ground up, featuring new models, sounds and
music using patch 1.27 as I presumed it was the most stable at the time. Countless
hours were spent updating every element in this near-forgotten classic. Enjoy!

matborder-png.373331

mathiasprev-jpg.351452

matbanner-jpg.351454

matbuttonhaul2-png.373326

shot1-jpg.351480

shot6-jpg.351479

shot13-jpg.351471

shot3-jpg.351473

shot4-jpg.351474

shot2-jpg.351478

shot14-jpg.351481

shot15-jpg.351469

shot12-jpg.351468

shot11-jpg.351467

matbuttonhaul3-png.373327

- Moved a doodad which blocked players from reaching an item dropped by a critter in the first level.
- Hid a duplicate Troll Warlord that appears in one cutscene.
- Tweaked item cooldowns which were mismatched from their effects.
- In "Lord Pickett's Charge", you get a small reward after rescuing Kel'Zarach. Dialogue was slightly tweaked too.
- In "Clash at Cobden's Ridge", dialogue in scene when Larissa returns to the base, and Kel'Zarach's meeting were edited.
- Removed Goblin Laboratory and a neutral Sapper in the enemy's base.
- Changed Kel'Zarach's portrait and the model of Granthar the Ogre Lord.
- Tweaked Sorcerer's description on Fire Elemental.
- Firebolt spell no longer can attack friendly units.
- Added classic portrait to Skeletal Orc.
- Tweaked Condemn's spell description.
- In "Crossing the Waimak", removed excess Peons.
- In "Chain of Fools", tweaked opening dialogue, and the cemetery scene with Kel'Zarach and Kel'Thuzad.
- In "Stone Hammer, Ice Axe", removed 'ping' in dragon quest, also added abilities to Dougal.
- Had 'Cloud' researched by default in the level.
- In "Shadow of the Reaper", changed the main quest to 'Defeat Warchief Malakai'.
- Tweaked ending's cameras so they don't clip through certain doodads.
- Special thanks to tulee and waredcraft for suggestions and bug fixes.

- Updated campaign's HIVE profile page

- Increased number of enemies when enemy AI attacks
- Fixed missing doodads
- Fixed minor camera issues during cutscenes
- Other minor tweaks

- Released

matbuttonhaul4-png.373328

This campaign was made with Warcraft III patch 1.27.
There is a known crash when loading the epilogue "The True King" right after
completing the previous level, "Shadow of the Reaper". The best way to avoid
this error is to quit after the victory screen and load the epilogue manually.

matborder-png.373331

matbuttonhaul5-png.373329

Savage Potato (Original Creator)
Med. MapGuy (Co-Creator)

Sound and Music:
Blizzard Entertainment (WoW)
Monolith Productions (F.E.A.R.)
Bethesda Software (Fallout Tactics)
Creative Assembly (Rome: Total War)
Jedi Academy, Half-life: Counter-Strike

Models:
Sunchips
Skipper
Kuhneghetz
General Frank
Mr. Bob
Kuhneghetz
Tamplier777
ikillforeyou
Radagast
PROXY
Lord_T
Uncle Fester
MiniMage
Grendel
ChevronSeven
RedBlade
Mr.Goblin
yonatanDS
JetFangInferno
The_Silent
Oinkerwinkle
RightField
Forgotten_Warlord
Sin'dorei300
Himperion
Just_Spectating
Ujimasa Hojo
Rondo
alfredx_sotn
imforfun
Hellish Hybrid
Tranquil
Direfury
ModifiedbyGF
JetFangInferno
tobyfat50

Icons & Textures:
Mr.Goblin
TheKaldorei
CloudWolf
Deathclaw24
Pharaoh_
HappyTauren
SNART
-Berz-
DAYDAY
Asssssvi
Kantarion
The Panda
General Frank
Public Resource Provider
DeathKnight
BETA
zbc
PrinceYaser
MadMax
JollyD
PeeKay
ProFeT
loktar
Mc !
Eraser|85
Sin'dorei300
Link_Iceblader
Juice_F
Anachron

Promotional Art:
Eric Braddock
Cole Eastburn

Soundtrack:
Rome: Total War
Shogun: Total War
Medieval II: Total War
World of Warcraft

Voicework and SFX:
Heroes of the Storm
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Fallout Tactics
Rome: Total War

Contents

Mathias Chronicles I - The Pursuit (Campaign)

Mathias Chronicles Redux Demo (Campaign)

Reviews
08:56, 11th Oct 2014 Orcnet: This is one of the great work of a campaign thanks for the previous makers and current ones who can bring up this awesome masterpiece back into action, the scenery, story line, and above all how it all would end is...
Level 4
Wow wow, just wow! Truly amazing campaign, models are gorgeous, storyline is dope and so are the scinematics. I really like the way that camera sets in while knights charge and you get control of them. Honestly, this is what reforged should have been. Blizzard should take notes on this!

Some negative aspects worth mentioning, nothing crucial but..

1. During the air supremacy mission, i somehow encountered one of the bonus objectives and completed it, even though it appears on the second part of the mission, with the land units. Im talking about the spirits quest.

Also, it maybe nice to know how many times would the zeppelins fly each way before failing the mission.

Why is the hero with piercing dmg and has no ultimate ability ?

2. There are some issues with items not matching their description
- Special Talisman or something similar was the name, saw it 2-3 times throughout the campagin. Should give 4 all stats, gives 0
- Battle Helm or sth like that gives +1 all stats, wax expecting quite more out of it honestly, coming from the description and theres an on use effect but nothing happens.
- Heart talisman or sth like that should give +10 int, only gives +3
- Spear of Destiny should give 15 dmg but only gives 7, dont know about the attack speed.

Maybe check the other items as well, these are the ones that i noticed

3. I do love heroes focused campaign where your hero could really get strong af, but the majority of the campaign is soloable with Mathias, with the items and all the tomes, he was close to 3k health in the final mission with 100 dmg. I do enjoy all the hidden little tresures and looking for them to find something amazing, deffinetely keep that going but its worth making the enemies stronger so theres a challenge to it.

4. The only model that didn't meet up to the standard of the other units was the knight, he just seems clunky. Footmen look beefier. Maybe use something similar to the original knight model, with the ''skirts'' falling down around the horse, to make it look beefy and with size.

Overall, quite impressive work. The atmosphere is vibrant and the units have a feel of belonging to the faction, its not a weird mix! Great job!

Level 4
Wow wow, just wow! Truly amazing campaign, models are gorgeous, storyline is dope and so are the scinematics. I really like the way that camera sets in while knights charge and you get control of them. Honestly, this is what reforged should have been. Blizzard should take notes on this!

Some negative aspects worth mentioning, nothing crucial but..

1. During the air supremacy mission, i somehow encountered one of the bonus objectives and completed it, even though it appears on the second part of the mission, with the land units. Im talking about the spirits quest.

Also, it maybe nice to know how many times would the zeppelins fly each way before failing the mission.

Why is the hero with piercing dmg and has no ultimate ability ?

2. There are some issues with items not matching their description
- Special Talisman or something similar was the name, saw it 2-3 times throughout the campagin. Should give 4 all stats, gives 0
- Battle Helm or sth like that gives +1 all stats, wax expecting quite more out of it honestly, coming from the description and theres an on use effect but nothing happens.
- Heart talisman or sth like that should give +10 int, only gives +3
- Spear of Destiny should give 15 dmg but only gives 7, dont know about the attack speed.

Maybe check the other items as well, these are the ones that i noticed

3. I do love heroes focused campaign where your hero could really get strong af, but the majority of the campaign is soloable with Mathias, with the items and all the tomes, he was close to 3k health in the final mission with 100 dmg. I do enjoy all the hidden little tresures and looking for them to find something amazing, deffinetely keep that going but its worth making the enemies stronger so theres a challenge to it.

4. The only model that didn't meet up to the standard of the other units was the knight, he just seems clunky. Footmen look beefier. Maybe use something similar to the original knight model, with the ''skirts'' falling down around the horse, to make it look beefy and with size.

Overall, quite impressive work. The atmosphere is vibrant and the units have a feel of belonging to the faction, its not a weird mix! Great job!

Edit:

The charge scene with the knights reminds of the epic fight scene from Lord of the Rings, and this sparks up an idea. Having seen the knights with the ''Charge" ability(which imo is a great addition and quite thoughtful of you), and having LOTR in mind, in the game Battle for Middle Earth 2, knights had the ability to speed up and then charge into units, trampling them with higher initial dmg. Since you have this concept of "Charge'' ability on the knights, it might be a good addition to have them with something like bonus dmg on their first attack during charge, so that it really adds up to the feeling that they gain speed and rush into battle causing initial high dmg gained from that speed boost, breaking up line formations. Could be a passive where they build up speed when not attacking and while moving, or the way it is now, a usable ability with the bonus dmg effect.

I enjoy the speed boost that they get, it does add some more complexity to squad formations and fight dynamics. For example, i'd keep some knights on the side and rush them in so they take out enemy siege weapons or back line ranged units, casters etc.

Level 10
This is one of the best graphics I have seen in Warcraft 3! It almost looks like it's Reforged! This campaign is a blast, and I grew to detest Mathias. He makes questionable decisions same as his brother, Arthas.
Although, the game is easy even in hard, and the plethora of "good" items gave me a headache. That's because I spent a lot of time thinking about what to discard and what to keep. However, I like still like it! exploration is totally worth it, and you don't just get a crappy item of +3 stats, or +1 armor, or +1 str like in the original Blizzard campaigns.

I also want to point out that the level cap in chapter 1 is broken. If I didn't win in the mission earlier than I did, my heroes would reach lvl 6! Luckily, it is minimized in the next chapter to lvl 3, I think, so that's good.
Chapters begin with no dialogue most of the times. I suggest an addition of some dialogue for the heroes to state their mission. I understand that the intro is written in the background before a chapter begins, but more dialogue is always great.

In the secret chapter, Greyforge's Endurance aura is not working. Also, the new steam engines in Worshop were available for me to train, but then they suddenly disappeared. Is he not allowed to have an ultimate ability, or is the idea that flying makes up for not having an ult?

Kyreen's first skill does no damage, apparently. Nor does the stun last more than half a second. So maybe it would be better to fix it. Overall, the game is not challenging in Hard, so maybe rescale difficulty as well.
Anyways, I don't have much to say more than I'm waiting for the sequel impatiently!

I don't know what I think about the ending. It feels a bit anti-climactic. Also, some characters should have reached a better conclusion. Mostly they are just mutes. If you're planning for a sequel, I hope it is better than this one.

Last edited:
Level 7
Gonna Try it :ogre_haosis:

One problem in chapter four {clash at cobdens ridge} i cleard the western road and waited for Mathias to arrive but when the timer stops game says {Mathias and his troops have arrived} BUT THERE IS NO MATHIAS ONLY TROOPS :vw_death:

And another thing in every single map there are a lot items (too many better) its better to fewer items but higher quality instead.
And i don't remember if it happen before but i can attack gold mins i noticed it in chapter four
and i found a precious talisman drooped by orc warchief and it has no effect.
again in the next chapter it has no effect

In chapter five i destroyed orcish airbase but drogans are still spawning.
(Arrow volley) Kyreen's first ability does no damage only stunning
i found a heart amulet its an item its says it gives you 10 intelligence but it gives 3

In the secret chapter why purple orc's are bend'd'knee clan what does it even mean
and why Dougal has no ability's only boost to attribute makes no sense
again i found a heart amulet and it again gives only 3 intelligent instead of 10
in the middle of the map i found couple of scrolls of healing and potions for no reason
and my mini map just makes a blue ping for no reason

Shadow of the reaper another precious talisman and again a worthless item
okay my finale review
Models 10/10
icons 10/10
spells 10/10
skins 10/10
Terrain 10/10
Story 8/10
Gameplay 10/10
file size {[(((i don't care)))]}
Overall 68/70
thank you for this great Campaign rep+

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
Note: Running map on 1.26.

Loved the map. Could use a little bit of unit balancing cuz even i (i am pretty good at warcraft) had to use cheats a bit throughout the campaign. grammar could also be improved. Absolutely loved the map design and storyline too. In my opinion, this is a solid 8.5/10

Summary:
Map design is great.
Unit skins are well used.
Playability is good but the finale crashed on start.
Story is well designed and engaging.
Grammar could be improved but good overall.
Few custom spells but well designed. (One of the spells did not work, don't remember which one though)

Score: 8.5/10

Level 2
I seem to be encountering a bug when trying to load mission 3 pickets charge. I'm using 1.27b and it just seems to be loading forever. tried rolling to it from mission two and just going to it from the campaign screen. but it just doesn't want to load past like 2/3s the way. is this a known bug or just a me problem? or am I just not waiting long enough? longest I waited was about 8-10 minutes I think. didn't actually time it. any ideas?

Level 23
I seem to be encountering a bug when trying to load mission 3 pickets charge. I'm using 1.27b and it just seems to be loading forever. tried rolling to it from mission two and just going to it from the campaign screen. but it just doesn't want to load past like 2/3s the way. is this a known bug or just a me problem? or am I just not waiting long enough? longest I waited was about 8-10 minutes I think. didn't actually time it. any ideas?
I'm not sure. I seem to have encountered a similar loading error in my other campaigns, but those levels usually load fine when I play it from the campaign screen. We have the same version, so I'm not sure what might be causing the problem...

awsome im now playing it taking note for my own campaing
Glad I can inspire others to make their own stuff. Good luck!

Level 28
mission 2 loading is crashing
I just finished playing chapter 1, then continued to try and load chapter 2. But it just crashes my Warcraft halfway.
Hello both,
I think the crash issues you encounter are caused by the latest patches of Warcraft 3.
Recommended version for this campaign is 1.27b, so the only way to fix this problem is by downgrading your game.

Level 28
Same I've tried several times or I think around 10 times and it just really crashes halfway in the loading screen.
Check the post above. It could be caused by the low resolution the game uses (Widescreen is still stretched before 1.29).
If the problem still persists, then you should reinstall the game completely. There is a chance some models might be corrupted.

Level 23
This campaign is a work of art, I love the cinematics and camera angles.

Map01
Map starts suddenly without any talking
Can force subtitles on so we can see the in-game talking even if players have them disabled (referring to Mathias message about forest trolls)
Love the choice for speaking options
Nice humour – living in swamp advantages = 0
No reason given for dwarf transport must live requirement until we need to build the base
Love fire effects burning troll huts as we move towards troll warlord
In cinematic with troll warlord, there is a delay before the one we killed dies and the new cinematic one pops up
Possible to kill rabbit where the item it drops cannot be reached
1625864069049.png

Gem of greater Strength item says can be clicked to user even though it has no ability
Love sound effects of the archers shooting their arrows
Why 2 gold mines split apart
Shield basher and Axe grinder both give hero bash
Instead of “Hint” for reinforcements have arrived, it says “Achtung”

Map02
The opening sounds of someone hitting a hammer on iron is great
Is Kyreen the Jaina equivalent in this story?
I love how the elven bodies near the troll ambush explode when you click on them
What does the pack horse do (the one you gain control of)
So many good items, need to spend time thinking about what to pick up--- often
No initial pressure from enemies on this map
The model of lvl 7 ogre lord creep gives no indication is is stronger than the others--- he is same size as lower lvl ogres, even smaller than the lvl 5 ogre mage
The ogre and troll creep group just north of land-mine pit seem to be on hold position and cannot move, only attacking if human units come within their attack range
Both in this mission and previous, AI just has 0-0 upgrades, even on hard difficulty
Mortar teams liquid fire skill does not look passive
I wish voodoo doll item showed how much life was drained (%) per attack Dialogue with the goblins- head down “to” their lab-

Level 23
Map03
Was there any advantage to saving Kel Zarach from the cage?
Map ended without any talking

Map04
The ogre Grathnar left his gem lying around for Larissa to pick up?
Even though the human base was basically destroyed last mission, it suddenly has come back to life this mission
Duncan and the dwarf hero are not suspicious at all that Larissa was somehow the only survivor and made it back to their base (spy/traitor?)
The exact same creeps that were killed last mission which were defending Kel Zarach suddenly came back
Considering how Malakai is the main enemy hero, it is surprising he is only lvl 5
“Precious Talisman” from Malakai doesn’t increase any STR / AGI / INT, despite what it says
Blue randomly stopped attacking after I began attack purple’s base
There’s a neutral goblin merchant and laboratory, but cannot buy anything from them
There is also a neutral goblin sapper in between the two orc bases
Found a second Grathnar’s gem after killing a hero in purple’s base
Sorcerer description says can summon water elemental but his ability is to summon fire elementals
Kelzarach’s portrait doesn’t look like his model
All the skeletal allies gained in this mission from going to the hilltop do not have portraits

Map05
There are 10 peons mining from the same goldmine in the opening cinematic showing the dragon base

Map06
KelZarach randomly rejoins Mathias even though he is missing from previous mission, and talks about being friends as if he knows Mathias well even though they only spoke 1-2 times in map 04.
KelZarach not even on our side (playable) at the beginning of the mission
Forced to cut down trees in order to reach Kyreen and the southern goldmine
Enemy AI has weak unit on retreat setting on
Mathias condemn ultimate does not have a correct description, since it doesn’t instant kill enemy main bases
Kelthuzad talks about how Kelzurach is highly regarded and lich king is pleased with what he has done, but all we have seen Kelzurach done is get captured in the cage in map 3, and randomly appear in map 6
Kelthuzad asked Zurach if he wants to put Mathias back on the throne, but Mathias has never had the throne before
Quests talks about taking Dimitri to the 2nd south gate, but if we didn’t complete the side quest for prison, how would we have him
Kyreen’s Arrowfall ability bugged somehow, cannot use it
Even after cemetary quest completed, it still pings that area with the green quest ping

Secret mission
In opening cinematics, there is an item lying almost vertically on a mountain
After killing the 2 dragons for quest, there was a new blue ping on a lvl 9 yeti, which didn’t drop anything when killed, and the ping never went away
Cloud cannot be researched this mission for Gryphons?
Dougal has no skills besides attribute bonus
Orcs never attack this mission
I see a purple troll hero, but blue doesn’t seem to have a base
Something used a spell that wiped out everything I had in an area near blue’s main stronghold which created blight where it landed
If players don’t get this secret mission, how do they know that Malakai left a message for Mathias to meet him in that forest

Map07
If we didn’t rescue the two bandit mages from the prison earlier, how would their appearance in this mission be justified
Sorcerer’s firebolt can be used on your own units
Why does it say kill or capture Malakai when we can only kill him
Malakai said Mathias turned the trolls and goblin against him, but Mathias never attacked the goblins
Malakai final line about being outmatched has no portrait

Final Map
Kelzarach literally appears moments after Malakai + guards moved away
Mathias standing on the hill looking down on the orc encampment was great scenery, beautiful.

Had a lot of fun playing it. Enemy AI had some issues, not sure if there was AI or if they were all attack waves (except the city mission)

Level 23
Thanks for playing, tulee. I really appreciate the laundry list of issues, something I hope to get to fix one day!

I was actually going to add a new interlude of Kel'Zarach ingratiating himself to Mathias to better establish their relationship, which the original author seems to have left out. It was left out due to an already lengthy development period. Maybe I'll tweak the dialogue or something.

Level 1
Chapter 3 seems to keep CTDing on the loading screen. I'm using 1.27b and switching to the lowest video settings doesn't work. Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Level 1
Good to see you came back last year, med map guy. you made the best campiagns back in the day and i cant wait to see what's next. just getting started on mathias and it's been a blast

Level 1
Just finished this custom campaign and I thought I'd leave a comment since this campaign is recent (at least the remastering is) and the creator seem still active.

Overall a really good campaign, I will not comment a lot about each mission but rather on the campaign as a whole.

Firstly, wow the graphics whether unit design or map design is truly gorgeous, without a doubt the most beautiful custom campaign I've played this far! Much attention as been payed to the layout especially on how the chests and other items container have been scattered around the map.

I loved that we had the opportunity to control 4 different paladins, really shows how they are part of an order and not just stereotypical healer/tank. Both their design and custom spells were really well made.

There are many new units or classic units that have been remastered, which I didn't really use that much but it was fun seeing the AI using them.

About the story... well overall I think I liked it, even if some things didn't really make sense or lacked in some point. I believe it is only a remaster of an old campaign so the story was probably originally written this way.

What I liked the most was the scenery, AT LAST a campaign were you enjoy the beautiful plains of Lordaeron throughout the whole campaign and not just in the beginning. Like pleaaaase stop making us go to the frozen mountains of Northrend or the dark pits of Draenor and whatnot! And most importantly : THERE IS NO UNDERGROUND MISSION!! Wow that last one was really refreshing to be honest.

Now, onto the "less appreciated parts".

As mentionned in other comments, the difficulty is quite easy, which I didn't dislike personally, but I get that people might get bored or frustrated. For instance I soloed most endgame missions with juste my heroes (partly because of the really great items and tomes that I picked up throughout the campaign).

The end is... original? Maybe I should play the 2nd campaign to really have, hmm, closure haha.

What "disappointed" me was the lack of speech in some crucial moments, in particular when slaying heroes or attacking bases.

The items scatered are really good buuuut there's like too many of them, and it is NOT always easy to tell which is best to keep and what to throw, I would have enjoyed it far more with like 12 items slots per heroes haha (don't do that btw, way too overpowered!).

But yeah, overall really good campaign, concise but enjoyable.

I would rate it 4.5/5

Level 5
First of all I am impressed with your Cinematics! But I must point out a few big mistakes which lead me to a 'quit moment' before I continue playing it.

Chapter1:

The introduction was perfect. Only voice actors would make this even more amazing. Then we come straight to the hero.
I am very familiar with Hero Balancing and Soul Blast seems overpowered. That is what I can tell for sure. It is instant with decent cast range. Either I would make it as an Meele attack or decrease the cast range a bit and it should be a projectile flying towards the target like MK's Hammer.

I don't like that it is too easy. When you give the option to play on hard then it should feel hard. You can't throw the player free items in every barrel or chest. It makes them feel not as an reward but something you are pressed on. The enemy is too weak and why don't the scouts find you and then attack? You can sit there, building an army and they do nothing. Their attack seems really weak too and only a few towers are enough to defend. You also get immediately help from Duncan and his knights. I was just about to start building an army. As I said you get too much items but you get so much that you don't even have slots for consumables anymore. And I got both Duncan and Mathias full slotted which is ridiculous.

Otherwise it is really well done. The sound effects are superb and the icons used fit good. I like the spells idea and how they work.
But here we come to the point why I'm writing this. It doesn't matter how good everything else is if it isn't fun! The first few minutes to an hour are the most important to keep the player playing. If you show me already that this campaign starts with rolling over the enemy, I probably will quit because I want a challenge. And I didn't even played chapter 2 for a week now because I didn't find motivation to do so.

Level 4
This was my first time playing this campaign, and well, what can I say other than that it looks beautiful! Great work Med, you have an eye for cinematic storytelling that always makes any campaign you work on a treat to play. Visually it reminded me a lot of Mordork's Quest and Shards of Resistance: The Raiders in style, which I suppose creates this consistent look for your campaigns (it's like the "MedMap Guy Campaign Universe"). Also the Ratbolg easter egg brought me back to JQ 1.5 hahahah, that one was my favorite of your campaigns.

The story is alright, I'll admit that on first impressions I was apprehensive about Mathias, hearing about a bastard son of Terenas who wanted the crown made me think that I would be dealing with a fanon character that's meant to be the good counterpart to Arthas, one who's the secret protagonist of Warcraft 3, you know how it is, "he's perfect and he is here to right all the wrongs!" etc, but no, not really, that couldn't be further from the truth, Mathias actually makes Arthas seem like the better one of the two, I mean at least when Arthas commits genocide, he's doing it out of desperation and he is following his twisted sense of righteousness, Mathias does it just because he's a big ol' racist hahaha. I'm not sure that I have a good grasp on his characterization, sometimes his way of thinking was unclear to me, like with how he accepted a pledge of allegiance from a necromancer, freed and then "hired" a bunch of bandits and aided some pagan wizards so that he could bolster his ranks, I understand the immediate benefit in doing these things, I agree with the choice to do most of these things, he certainly needed the help, but it just felt a bit... out of character for him, I think, he seems fiercely independent, with a bigoted sense of superiority, to the point where he discarded long time allies when they said "yo, Mat, this stuff is kinda extra, maybe you should take a step back and cool down". I feel like he would consider allying himself with these groups as something that is below him, much like he rejected the aid of that orc warlock early on. Either way, he is a good villainous sort of character that shows us some of the worst flaws of humanity, without being too overbearing or having an insufferable personality, he does some awful things, but he keeps to himself, doesn't monologue like a generic villain or anything.

Kel'zarach kind of came out of nowhere and suddenly became important to the story, was there some cinematic where he was introduced or something? Did I miss it? Also, I don't know how to put this nicely, I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be harsh, but the writing for his dialogue felt a bit juvenille to me, in my head he sounded like a very young character, who's rather impressionable, naive and is trying to please. It was a bit strange, he didn't sound like a necromancer from the Cult of the Damned, idk.

I like how diverse this campaign can be with its gameplay scenarios, the cavalry charge followed by base defense and the air superiority battle across the river were unlike anything I've ever experienced in a Warcraft campaign, I liked those missions a lot. The terrain for every mission was gorgeous and the maps were fun to explore. I felt that the campaign was starting to lose some steam near the end, like you can feel that Potato just wanted to conclude it in some way, they had already done the fresh cool bits they wanted, they just needed a finale after that, so the campaign ends on a lesser note, compared to some of its more interesting missions.

I quite enjoyed this campaign! Thank you Med! And thank you Savage Potato! I have always been a big fan of your work Med, I will be writing you some more reviews as I go through some of your campaigns (I'm particularly looking forward to playing your remake of Joe's Quest, that's a classic and the changes seem pretty intriguing).:peasant-smile:

Last edited:
Level 28
help. first chapter was alright, but every other chapter will not load. what is the problem?
There are 3 possible reasons:
1.You are using the wrong WC3 versions. It's best to play this campaign on the version that the author recommends (1.27b).
2.The campaign is corrupted. Your only solution would be to re-download the campaign itself.
3.According to the author of this campaign, there were some WoW imported models that are best only applicable with High graphic settings. Using Low settings can ruin the game (see post above).

Level 2
hi frist to all i love you custom campaign, i just play old and remake whit the tool of xetanth87s and work well of all of you games, but there is a problem when i try to play in mathias chronicles 1, i have this problem what i don't know what it is and some part of the campaing like chapter 2 i can't start (i have to use world editor to play it), it only happen in the wolf riders i don't know why
Captura.PNG

Level 28
hi frist to all i love you custom campaign, i just play old and remake whit the tool of xetanth87s and work well of all of you games, but there is a problem when i try to play in mathias chronicles 1, i have this problem what i don't know what it is and some part of the campaing like chapter 2 i can't start (i have to use world editor to play it), it only happen in the wolf riders i don't know whyView attachment 415272
The problem is pretty much obvious. This campaign (maybe, like the others) was made for legacy Warcraft 3. The author didn't test such this campaign to be compatible with the Reforged. To be honest, if you attempt to play custom campaigns using the Xetanth87's tool (or even Quenching Mod) that wasn't fully tested on Reforged, you are bound to come across numerous issues. For example, opening the campaign map will crash the whole Editor or still work, but custom models are displayed as purple cubes (as depicted in the picture above). Also, when you play the supposed map, some custom objects have their green icons instead of the real one.
To be clarify, Xetanth87 had posted the statement:
Excuse me what? The only assets that are only compatible with legacy are the 3D custom campaign screens. This isn't a mod, but an external tool that doesn't interact with the game. Resurrection of the Scourge is protected by its author, so it can't be opened by map editors. How is using Campaign Splitter and Quenching meaningless when loads of people that don't own a CD-key can play custom campaigns using their Reforged installation?
Some campaigns like Resurrection of the Scourge had features that only compatible with non-Reforged WC3. I think, this campaign had numerous models that are only compatible with non-Reforged WC3.
Custom campaigns such as Arkain series and The Chosen One can't be implemented on Reforged because they are, you guessed it, protected.
So far, there is no known solution to play this campaign. Even worse, you are using the latest version of Reforged (1.33.0.19308 or 1.34, I think), which is still buggy when it comes to playing custom maps or campaigns. The only possible thing is you have to downgrade the WC3 version (get 1.27b as the author recommended) if you want to play this campaign.

Level 2
The problem is pretty much obvious. This campaign (maybe, like the others) was made for legacy Warcraft 3. The author didn't test such this campaign to be compatible with the Reforged. To be honest, if you attempt to play custom campaigns using the Xetanth87's tool (or even Quenching Mod) that wasn't fully tested on Reforged, you are bound to come across numerous issues. For example, opening the campaign map will crash the whole Editor or still work, but custom models are displayed as purple cubes (as depicted in the picture above). Also, when you play the supposed map, some custom objects have their green icons instead of the real one.
To be clarify, Xetanth87 had posted the statement:

Some campaigns like Resurrection of the Scourge had features that only compatible with non-Reforged WC3. I think, this campaign had numerous models that are only compatible with non-Reforged WC3.
Custom campaigns such as Arkain series and The Chosen One can't be implemented on Reforged because they are, you guessed it, protected.
So far, there is no known solution to play this campaign. Even worse, you are using the latest version of Reforged (1.33.0.19308 or 1.34, I think), which is still buggy when it comes to playing custom maps or campaigns. The only possible thing is you have to downgrade the WC3 version (get 1.27b as the author recommended) if you want to play this campaign.
o.... i didn't know that thx explain to me about that and how do i get the previous parch becose even so i not very good how to dowload or install things sorry i not very good whit this kind of thing

Level 13
o.... i didn't know that thx explain to me about that and how do i get the previous parch becose even so i not very good how to dowload or install things sorry i not very good whit this kind of thing

Go HERE and download 1.27 and 1.27b Patch ROC and TFT. 1-install game 2-patch game 3-play.