• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mass Destruction 1.0.6

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

★ MASS DESTRUCTION ★
-realism, +fun

ABOUT
Choose your tank and join the battlefield, and experience devastation unmatched by any other Warcraft map.

Mass Destruction is a arcade-styled action-game for up to 6 players clashing together in an epic struggle for survival.

The tanks are controlled and moved around using the arrow keys and keyboard hotkeys.

Current stage of development:
1.0.6 released.

Code:
Mass Destruction
1.0.6 changelog:

• Fixed a bug with the admin kick command.
 • Edited the game mode descriptions.
 • Added two new admin commands:
        "-Clear"; Clears the current game for dynamic effects (entities).
        "-ToggleEntities"; Enables/disables spawning of dynamic effects (entities).
 • The Armor Bonus and Invincibility power-ups can no longer be used by the Juggernaut.
 • Fixed up the help command a bit.
 • Added some information to the loading screen.

KEY FEATURES
• Fast-paced, action-packed gameplay with up to 6 available players.
• Loads of weapons and power-ups.
• Multiple stages/levels.
• Customizeable control scheme.
• Fully functional GUI (Graphical User Interface) for in-game menus.
• Customizeable player profile, tank model/color, tank attributes and camera settings.
• Ranking/leveling system with unlockable tank models.
• Highly destructible environments.
• Works on the new 1.24d patch.

• Map is protected.

GAME MODES
Deathmatch - Kill as many players as possible until the timer expires.
GameMode.jpg

Team Deathmatch - Kill as many enemy players as possible until the timer expires. Team killers will be punished.
GameMode3.jpg

Destruction - Destroy as much of the environment as possible in two minutes. Three rounds.
GameMode2.jpg

Annihilation - Stay alive for as long as possible. Last man standing wins the round.
The player with the highest total survival time wins the game.
GameMode4.jpg

Juggernaut - A random player will be picket to play as the Juggernaut tank. If the Juggernaut is destroyed, the tank that destroyed it is granted the Juggernaut status. Points are only earned for killing as the Juggernaut, or killing the Juggernaut. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins.
GameMode5.jpg

Capture the Flag - Capture the flag located somewhere in the map and try to keep it for as long as possible.
The player with the highest total 'flag time' after three rounds wins the game.
Mode_CaptureTheFlag.jpg

HOTKEYS
These are just the default hotkeys.
All keys are customizeable by the local player at runtime.

W = Fire current weapon
A/D = Browse between available weapons
S = Activate power-up
V = Jump
C = Quick camera browsing
R = Open radio dialog

WEAPONS
Primary:
HEAT.png
• High-Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) rounds
Secondary:
MachineGun.png
• Machine Gun

Additional weapons:
ATMissile.png
Anti-Tank Missiles
Flamethrower-1.png
Flamethrower
GatlingLaser.png
Gatling Laser
HighVelocityRockets.png
High Velocity Rockets
ConcussionBeam.png
Concussion Beam
PopUpMines.png
Pop-Up Mines
MortarLauncher.png
Mortar Launcher
EMPBurst.png
EMP Bursts

Power-ups:
Armor Bonus
Double Power
Double Armor
Hyper Cooler
Invincibility

61897d1249058658-6-mass-destruction-menuwip2.jpg

75519d1266275710-6-mass-destruction-final_teaser1.jpg

Game Design:
Sourc[e]x

Modeling:
Sourc[e]x

Scripting:
Sourc[e]x

Custom Terrain Art:
Game_Slave
Punisher_x
Sourc[e]x

Special Effects:
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Sourc[e]x

Juggernaut tank model:
General Frank

Music:
Black-Cloak-of-Night
Scooter-16

Additional Systems:
PipeDream's Save System
Vexorian's TimerUtils
Rising_Dusk's GroupUtils

Code:
Changelog

• Pre-Beta release.

0.5.2:
 • A special effect has been added to the jump ability.
 • Tank preview models [I]should[/I] now display correctly on all platforms.
 • Tank armor has been increased by 50%.
 • Screen will now shake when the player is taking damage.
 • The chatbox texttags has been replaced with a new text system.
 • New weapon included: Flamethrower.
 • Host command added: "[B]-forceready[/B]" ; Forces all players into a 'ready' status to immediately start the game.
 • Numerous minor code changes and bug fixes.

0.6.0:
 • Map is now in beta state.
 • First actual level is under construction.
 • Four new unlockable tank models has been added.
 • New power-ups added: Hyper Cooler, Double Power and Double Armor.
 • Leveling up dialog now notifies players about tank model unlocks.
 • Fixed a bug with the leveling up dialog message.
 • Players can no longer level up in singleplayer games.
 • Level-creation code is now better organized and easier to maintain.
 • Tank portals implemented.
 • Host command added: "-skipscore" or "-skip" ; Quickly skip the scorescreen.

0.6.1:
 • Fixed a bug with the Invincibility timer.
 • Anti-tank missile damage reduced by 33%.
 • A lame flamethrower ammunition bug has been fixed.
 • Added a new tiny test level.
 • Major pathing cleanup of 'Circle of Destruction'.

0.7.0:
 • New weapons: Gatling Laser, High Velocity Rockets, Concussion Beam and Pop-up Mines
 • Fixed a bug with the radio dialog.
 • Added a dialog holding the Host Commands.
 • Camera damage shaking issue fixed.
 • New Game Mode added: Team Deathmatch.
 • All weapon icons added.
 • Level name is now displayed to all players.
 • A little scorescreen bug has been fixed.
 • Weapon code has been better organized.
 • Weapon power-up priorities has been changed.
 • Fixed a major issue with the deathmatch score counter.
 • When browsing between weapons, weapon icons will now display above your tank.
 • New weapon power-up models added.
 • Fixed a bug with the tank portals.
 • Handle data attachment method switched from '[H2I-offset]' to a safer hashtable method. The reason being handle ids exceeding the array sizes.
 • The scoretable code has been completely rewritten to support team matches.
 • New level added.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.

0.8.0:
 • Fixed a bug with the status bar (gameplay interface) not showing up when a dialog was active.
 • Added a spectator mode.
 • Respawn method has been improved.
 • Added two new gamemodes: Annihilation and Juggernaut.
 • Fixed a bug with the EMP cooldown timers.
 • Fixed a bug with the new scoretable not giving correct rewards.
 • New weapon added: Mortar Launcher.
 • Fixed a little graphic glitch with tank models remaining on the level after the game has ended.
 • The scoretable now displays empty (0) scores.
 • Updated the chatbox text system.
 • The game lobby`s texttags has been replaced with the new text system.
 • The "Best of round" award should now be working correctly.
 • Added game mode descriptions.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-kick" ; Opens up a dialog with a list of players to kick from the game.

0.9.0:
 • The game timer will now no longer be displayed in modes which doesn`t use it.
 • To make things a bit more interesting, you`re now rewarded a second for killing a player in Annihilation mode.
 • The final scorescreen has returned to its previous state.
 • Added a new gamemode: Capture the Flag.
 • Added more radio commands.
 • Added radio chat sound effects.
 • Fixed a bug with the gameplay UI displaying in the main menu.
 • A new tank model has been added.

1.0.0:
 • Full release.
 • The player death message box has finally been fixed.
 • Fixed the HEAT's name.
 • 6 new tank models added.
 • Completed the user interface.
 • Fixed some old game interface settings.
 • Added a new huge level.
 • New flamethrower power-up model.
 • Added a new Host Command: "-endround" or "-end" ; Skips the remaining rounds and returns everyone to the game lobby. (Only available when watching the scorescreen)
 • Mass Destruction is now preloading a lot of units and abilities at startup to prevent some "first time" lag. This also makes the loading slightly longer.
 • Decreased the hit-points of most environment objects.
 • Dynamic effects and level objects storage switched to hashtable.
 • Fixed a bug with the annihilation end conditions.
 • Changed map preview image.
 • Fixed a animation bug with some of the tank model previews.
 • Fixed loads of minor bugs.
 • Concussion Beam sound effect added.

1.0.1:
 • Fixed a bug with the option scrolling and game start colliding.
 • Host detection should be more stable now.
 • Added a "-VoteHost" command available to all players.
 • Added a option to modify gamemode rounds.

1.0.2:
 • Fixed a bug related to the option menu which could cause a player to permanently lose user control.
 • Fixed a bug with the texttags in the control option panel.
 • Fixed a bug with the team manager.
 • Added a option to modify gamemode round time.

1.0.2b:
 • Fixed a major bug in the team manager.

1.0.3:
 • Added a little "-help" command.
 • Due to a lot of complaints and instability, the host detection is no more. The "Game Administrator" status goes to the first valid player in the playerlist.
 • Machine Gun and Gatling Laser can no longer cause players to suicide.
 • Every seventh level will now reward a new attribute point.
 • Some minor fixes and adjustments.

1.0.3b
 • Added a new admin command: "-NoLevelBonus"; Disables level attribute bonuses.
 • Fixed a minor bug with the attribute point counter.
 • Fixed the "Best of round" award again. Hopefully it'll work correctly from now on.
 • The entity system has been rewritten.

• Fixed a bug with the tank armor not getting restored between rounds.
 • Invincibility time has been reduced.
 • Concussion Beam range and damage has been decreased.
 • Added a option to enable map cycling.
 • Added 'Random' as a game mode.
 • Fixed a bug which would allow a player to keep a unused power-up between rounds.
 • Added a maximum turnrate cap.

• Fixed a bug with the chatbox text colors.
 • A fire effect will now display when a tank is below 25% HP.
 • A new level has been added.
 • Added a new admin command: "-QuitGame" or "-Quit"; Immediatly quits the current game and returns everyone to the game lobby.
 • Switched to a more readable font type.
 • Fixed some minor code bugs.

• Fixed a bug with the admin kick command.
 • Edited the game mode descriptions.
 • Added two new admin commands:
        "-Clear"; Clears the current game for dynamic effects (entities).
        "-ToggleEntities"; Enables/disables spawning of dynamic effects (entities).
 • The Armor Bonus and Invincibility power-ups can no longer be used by the Juggernaut.
 • Fixed up the help command a bit.
 • Added some information to the loading screen.

Keywords:
mass, destruction, tank, war, arcade, shooter, multiplayer, fun, total, conversion, customization, awesome, modern
Contents

Mass Destruction 1.0.6 (Map)

Reviews
12:06, 27th Feb 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Rating! Date: 2011/Oct/14 22:20:28 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended Rep Received: 5Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed...

M

12:06, 27th Feb 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
Update: Rating!
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/14 22:20:28
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 5/5 Highly Recommended
Rep Received: 5
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Very advanced map, neat tank controls, different maps, polished terrain, not that many bugs, very flashy and best of all, just a whole lot of fun.

Level 20
Level 4
Review!

Love the map, so I'm gonna review it.

Review

Playability: 9/10

More weapons, models, and some little touch ups will give this a 10, but still amazingly replayable and fun!
Originality: 10/10

If you can find something better and more original than this, let me know.
Aesthetics: 10/10

Just about EVERYTHING in this game is custom models. With such a small file size and the amazing amount of work that went into details there is no way I could pass up giving this a 10.
Bugs: 8/10

Collisions, they seem to be very buggy. Host detection was wrong too. But with everything else being this awesome I almost forgot about it. Double check your leaks as even in a LAN game there was some lag.
Overall: 37/40

|||||||||| <- Playability
|||||||||| <- Originality
|||||||||| <- Aesthetics
|||||||||| <- Bugs
|||||||||| <- Overall

37/40 = 4.625/5 = 5/5
Simply orgasmic. Minus the few bugs that really don't hurt much. I recommend this map for anyone that likes shooting or platformer games.

SIDE NOTE: Some bigger maps would be amazing! Customizable options would make the game even more fun, let us set how much time a game should last, how many rounds etc.

5/5. Vote for approval.

PM me for another review if needed.(Shoot for 40/40!)

Level 4
This map is Insane, ´great work with a tankpicking, uppgrading and colouring system and the music soundeffects. That it is able to destroy the terain makes it more realistic and fun.

This map is unbeleavable, but it maybe needs an AI script of some sort?

Level 2
That it...?
Is it a map for Wc3...?
I disbelieve...!
Never did not see such...
It nothing...
This map indeed deserves 5/5...
Probably very much time went away on it...
Excellent competitor Diablo III...
I hope many will appreciate at its the true value it...

Sorry 4 bad english...

Level 31
If you can find something better and more original than this, let me know.

Actually there is a lot of MW style map. It just that this map was very well make in comparison to the others.

The term of originality was very hard to be evaluate as every map generic style was naturally the same.

In my opinion, 8/10 are much accurate. A map got to be extremely unique to at least earn a 9, let alone 10.

Just about EVERYTHING in this game is custom models. With such a small file size and the amazing amount of work that went into details there is no way I could pass up giving this a 10.

This, I definitely agree.

Collisions, they seem to be very buggy. Host detection was wrong too. But with everything else being this awesome I almost forgot about it. Double check your leaks as even in a LAN game there was some lag.

For someone who're good with JASS, I doubt he forgot to fix memory leak. I think it got to do with some sort of command that cannot be handle by JASS, let alone GUI (Don't know how to explain it properly, pardon if you misunderstood it).

Its finally done.
6/5.
This should be direcor cut.

DC map should be as flawless and have a indepth review about it which this map currently lack of it.

Review

Map Name: Mass Destruction

Creator: Illidan(Evil)X

Information: Mass Destruction is a fps tank game made by Illidan(Evil)X, featuring multiple game modes.

-------------------
Camera:

You have the ability to change your camera, for example Third Person or Generic. The Camera is locked on the Tanks and i think it's pretty good, no problems there.

Visuals/Models:

Well the map just looks gorgeous, with so many custom models, the projectiles,.... So lets just say custom models were used.

Gameplay:

The Game itself is alot of fun, featuring multiple game modes, multiple weapons for your tank and you can even customize your own tank and so on. In the beginning of the game, people can change their map settings including camera, tank color, ... And the Host may choose the Map he desires to play. There are a couple of map themes, including a forest, a military base and best of all, alot of the objects are destroyable.

Environment:

The Environment was decent, but the only thing that bothered me, was the forest area, it looked empty and kinda flat. Aside from that, pretty decent terrain work.

Bug Free/Hive Rules:

You're not violating any of the Hive rules, the description is very nice and the map is bug free as far as i know.

Overall:

A very nice map, with alot of features, and is in my opinion very original, but it still needs some improvements. 4/5

Level 4
This map is an incredible map. I have to say that the only bug is the hos detection. otherwise this game rocks. I give it a 5/5 for models, save-load, maps, terran, start menu etc. etc. :)
It deserves Director's Cut!

Level 7
dude when im hosting the game why the players keeps getting disconnected?you should fix this...i host this 4x players always gets diconnected..damn...

Level 5
Heres a few suggestions....

• It would be cool if you could ram each other and if you had a bigger vehicle like juggernaut u would take more damage.

• A power up that increases your speed by double. ( Idk if this is in the game atm but I've seen double armor and double firepower )

• A radar or type of map because in big maps with few people it seems a little hard to find your way and find other players maybe make a power up that allows you to see everyone as well or just have it like that already.

Level 7
Heres a few suggestions....

• It would be cool if you could ram each other and if you had a bigger vehicle like juggernaut u would take more damage.

• A power up that increases your speed by double. ( Idk if this is in the game atm but I've seen double armor and double firepower )

• A radar or type of map because in big maps with few people it seems a little hard to find your way and find other players maybe make a power up that allows you to see everyone as well or just have it like that already.

good:thumbs_up: radar and ram crushing enemy vehicles would be cool too..

Level 11
Great map, we are making something similar. Controls reminded me of Small Machines game, or how is it called... Its an old games I played on windows 95. You got a car and you can play in more players. Ah cant remember the game...

Similar game is coming out soon.

edit: there is a bug, when you move your mouse, left for example, open menu, then game ends you will lose control of mouse. It will stopp working, figure this out, I will try to get this bug once more, not sure exactly what was the problem.

TW add kick command if there isnt any, kick by team players and thin walls have too large colision.

Last edited:
Level 12
This game is awesome. 5/5.
I have to report 2 bugs though:
-when changing the controls, it acts like when a player changes a control, it changes it for everyone.
-game lags like fuck for most people, causing them to leave after just 1 minute sometimes.

*Question: what is leveling up for, if it doesnt add anything? Maybe only the levels that unlock something should be mentioned?

Great map, we are making something similar. Controls reminded me of Small Machines game, or how is it called... Its an old games I played on windows 95. You got a car and you can play in more players. Ah cant remember the game...

Similar game is coming out soon.

edit: there is a bug, when you move your mouse, left for example, open menu, then game ends you will lose control of mouse. It will stopp working, figure this out, I will try to get this bug once more, not sure exactly what was the problem.

TW add kick command if there isnt any, kick by team players and thin walls have too large colision.

I think Micro Machines is what you're thinking about.

Level 11
Yes Micro Machines !!! When I put my speed on max it feels like Micro Machines hehe.

Game is great. It stands out as one of best wc3 mods/maps.
Just fix bugs and make maps more tactical.
Also how does TDM works ? PC sets teams ? coz I think it counts livers in teams also... so it can end 3v1 .

-when changing the controls, it acts like when a player changes a control, it changes it for everyone.
Ay, but that's only in the control option panel. In-game it should work properly. I'll fix this in the next version.

-game lags like fuck for most people, causing them to leave after just 1 minute sometimes.
Are you talking about framerate drops or connection issues?

*Question: what is leveling up for, if it doesnt add anything? Maybe only the levels that unlock something should be mentioned?
Unlocking new tank models and otherwise just for show.
Key Features said:
• Ranking/leveling system with unlockable tank models.

Also how does TDM works ? PC sets teams ? coz I think it counts livers in teams also... so it can end 3v1 .
The game will automatically adjust the teams when starting a round and when a player leaves.
However it seems to add a additional player to team 1 at the moment. This will be fixed in the next version.

Level 12
Funny thing is, in 1.0.0, host was detected properly for me. Now (1.0.2) it always fails.

Good job on fixing the controls btw. Still a problem remains:
Sometimes some keys won't show in the possibilites. For example i used "E" as a "shoot" key in a first hosting, then in the rmk, "E" would just never show up for shoot key.

Level 11
What is level for anyway ? I dont save it anyway... you should remove it.
Also make model selectable for all players.
And if possible add 3 more players, and 3v3v3 TDM.
Grant host with opinion to put people in team (and add it to players also), and add team tag(number) in the lobby.
Balance damage vs armor. I think its not balanced enough.

Level 11
A spectacular map, the controls take a little bit to get used to, but very very nicely done. I particularly like how you did the in game menu.
A couple of questions though.

How often does leveling unlock new tank models? I leveled, but didn't not get a new model so I must assume that its every couple levels or so?

Are you planning on adding more maps?
Some of the maps in there are very nice, I particularly like the snow one, but more would be very good idea in my opinion. Also some more asymmetrical maps like the Military Base appeared to be.

When I played it I made the mistake of choosing Arena for the first map with 6 of us. Did not work out well, it is hard to navigate the Arena and it just got really hectic with 6 players. 3 people left.

Personally I think the current maps are a bit too small for 6 players (Though I didn't really try Circle of Destruction, which seems quite sizeable).
Perhaps you should show recommended players for each map?

Level 7
hey illidan pls put ai on next version because whenever i host people get disconnected if not they quit because they are noob and illiterate in computer gaming..and most people in garena are idiot..what room can i play this in garena?

Level 5
hey illidan pls put ai on next version because whenever i host people get disconnected if not they quit because they are noob and illiterate in computer gaming..and most people in garena are idiot..what room can i play this in garena?

i agree that people in garena are quite dumb they play only the first round and quited <-- always piss me off. I want to know which room too T.T

Level 7
ya dude hey illidan you should put instruction or info about the game in the loading sceen so new people will know what the game is all about and what to do..hope this will be add next version..more slots for players would be cool too..

Last edited: