• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Melee Battle 1.0.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: JesusHipster

Melee battle
Created by BDLR(zerotul)

Map Info:

5x5 map where players control heroes. Each team have a computer controlled base playing one of the 4 standard races. Destroy all buildings of the enemy to win.

Players have different ways to help their team: buy goblin shredder to improve economy of your team and build up defenses, hire some mercenaries or buy items to improve your hero fighting abilities.

Features:

• Custom Artificial Intelegence
  • Random creep camps
  • Random mercenary camps
  • Custom drop system
  • Hiring mercenaries
  • Hiring goblin shredders
  • Building defensive structures
  • Item shops
  • Item charges

Screenshots:

114475-b0706b13edfc657cc43177d0144f43a6.jpg

114600-acef12603463c784bec0eb81022e5554.jpg

114601-0b08e4e1a52ec9832237238c172f0f16.jpg

Credits:
All the content was made by me alone
Previews
Contents

Melee Battle 1.0.6 (Map)

Level 7
Sounds like an interesting idea, though.. Can computer use heroes as well? If they can its very unbalanced.
And, how do players get gold? Over time? Or by killing enemies?

Level 7
Computers cant use heroes, players can choose from heroes of the computer race or neutral ones. Gold accumulated over time + from killing enemies.
Great, i love it :p
Ill be playing it as soon as i get some sleep. Its 11:06 am..
Welp...

Level 26
It is not a bad idea, but it has a lot of things to improve before it can be approved.

First of all: the description.
The description needs an update if it is going to comply with the map submission rules. You can use this template to make it better: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/map-description-templates.171659/
Some more information would be nice. This must be done in order to get the map approved.

In game, you can only select a few of all the available heroes in the game. It would be nice if you could choose from all melee heroes, plus a few that you have created yourself.
You could also add custom items, to make the gameplay even more interesting.

I would defenitely play this, if only was a little more refined!
Good luck on the updates! :)

Level 6
It is not a bad idea, but it has a lot of things to improve before it can be approved.

First of all: the description.
The description needs an update if it is going to comply with the map submission rules. You can use this template to make it better: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/map-description-templates.171659/
Some more information would be nice. This must be done in order to get the map approved.

In game, you can only select a few of all the available heroes in the game. It would be nice if you could choose from all melee heroes, plus a few that you have created yourself.
You could also add custom items, to make the gameplay even more interesting.

I would defenitely play this, if only was a little more refined!
Good luck on the updates! :)

All heroes available, but you can choose only from heroes of your race + neutral ones.

Level 26
The description looks nice now!

Well, despite being a good idea and concept, it is still pretty simple and not a lot of work put into it.
There is defenitely room for improvements, but until it has become more advanced, it will be moved to substandard.