• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Markus the bouny hunter campaign - Story of the seven Death Vaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
logof.gif

Story:
Ghazzbaran is an awefull Demon boss of the Grotesque seven. The grotesque seven where created and have their main base in the Ponds of destruction and Death. Seven Throne rooms in the belly of a Lava covered planet. Ghazzbaran wants his servants all to have their own Death start, to Build up their army and take over the universe. His eye fell on the world of Entarian for his ancient existence. He tried invading the planet 5 Times on his own. but then he discovered a Mage, a young mage called Mino. He started to send whispering voices to Minos head witch made him starting to study the arts of necromancy. He got banished from the Mages Guild and got recruited in Ghazzbarans forces after creating a Portal big enough to let lesser demons pass. He tried invading Selena. After that he got banished to the void. but he was able to get back whit his Portal. He found out the Mages Guild had locked off his towers whit 7 seals. This drove him mad to know he was locked there forever. He shouted out and a massive explosion of death around the tower destroyed everything. Now the tower stand in a plain land of Death and a massive Death forest surrounds that land. and now Ghazzbaran once again wants to invade the planet. It is up to you to stop him! The only question remains. Are you ready for it?

Chapter Info:

Lets first start whit some history on Markus himself.

Markus lost Both his parents in an attack by werewolves on his village when he was very young.
He then grow up in an foster family. at the Age of 10 they learned him how to fight whit an Axe.
when he was 15 he joined the Imperial Army. he Quickly grew out to a fine soldier.
when he did his 4 Years in the army he decided to become a Bounty hunter and to start a hunt of his own to.
he would find the werewolf that killed his parents.

Chapter 1:
20 Years later Markus got some tip about a werewolf rampaging in the forest of Aano for a pretty long time. he goes check it out and find out that this werewolf killed his parents. this is Chapter is mostly about taking revenge and
werewolves. this is also the Chapter where he will get his assignment.

Chapter 2:
while wandering to the Great forest of Baholderillias. you get surrounded by elves and locked up in their prison. this mission is about escaping the Prison and Destroying an Artifact. this Artifact had to be destroyed of you where to complete your task.

Chapter 3:
Before the Elves tried to kill Markus and the Prince an druid who was Guarding the crystal spoke about an great evil
getting released when the remaining 6 Seals where broken. he talked about a Mage called "Mino" locked up in his tower.
he want's to investigate this and travels to the far Library of mironak in the dessert of mirak.
When you arrive at the dessert you still ahve to search for the library witch has not been seen in 300 years.

The world of Entarian:

Mathias's diary:

Introduction:
Hello, i'm Mathias and this is my travelers journal.
i'm 25 Years old and was born in Selena.
My parents died 2 years ago. so I thought,
lets go and head into the world.
This also was an excellent opportunity to write a book.
Now when i'm death i always be remembered.

Day1:
My journey has began. I pack my bags and step into the streets.
its a beautiful and quite morning in Selena The capitol of the great
Dangrino Empire. the air is cold and the sun is rising,
the first shops are opening and people start to wake up.
life is beginning to awake.

Selena is a really beautiful place. The great castle stands imposing
and watches over the houses. The many fountains and canals
make it even more magical.

I walk towards the City gate and see the sleepy night watch.
I'm out into the big and beautiful lands of Entarian.
Selena is located in the Bonan forest witch then changes
into the great forest of Aano. But they all found their roots
in the Ancient forest of Baholderillias. Home of the great elves.
a Forest that has trees whom are 6000 years old.
It is the center of all the forests in the world.

I reach the boundaries of Bonan forest at noon
and set my first steps into to forest of Aano,
i'm stunned bu the sight of it. The trees are immense!
and the forest is so silent. This is really a very magical place.
it's strange but the forest gives me a strange feeling of safety.
When I finally reach the Maaro river the sun is going down already.
this means it's time for me to set up camp.

Day2:
The night was cold and rough, the feeling of safety was gone at night.
Day and Night in here are a total difference. the days are peaceful and
quite but the nights are full of danger. I hate to make a bigger fire to
keep the werewolves away. I pick up my stuff and walk further down the road.
once again a feeling of safety takes control of me.
A few hours later I reach the Bondan toll bridge. I pay and cross the river.
10 minutes later I finally arrive at the village of Mard.

Mard is a small and young woodcutters village located somewhere in the Aano forest.
The local inn is known for the many assassins that stay there for the night.

when I arrive at Mard i directly rent a room in the inn and go to the local farm.
I buy a horse and some food for on the road. Then I go to the blacksmith
witch is located next to the cutting site and buy a weapon.
Just in case those werewolves return. I return to the inn and get some sleep.

Day3:
I still could hear the howling of werewolves but other than that the night
was very peaceful. when I get out of the inn prepare my horse and pack my stuff
i notice the remains of a big fire. i realize thats how they keep the werewolves away
from the village. whit fires. When i'm all packed and set i again go on my way.

Screenshots:

The village of Mard:
Road into the town.
villagel.jpg

The blacksmith and in the background the keep.
village2.jpg

a market stand and sight on the keep and defensive tower.
village3t.jpg

Overview of the village seen from a cliff next to the keep.
cliffscreen.jpg

The lumber site and barn.
farmwoodcutterspart.jpg

Project Members:
Phoonix (me) ~ Project Manager & Terrainer
General Ray ~ Scripting Director
Azler ~ Jass scripter
Orc ~ Textures and GUI scripts
Bloodcount ~ Story writer

Progress:
Progress:
Story: |||||||||| 20%
spells: |||||||||| 0%
Heroes: |||||||||| 0%
Systems: |||||||||| 0%
Overall: |||||||||| 10%

Chapter 1:
Terrain: |||||||||| 20%
Triggers: |||||||||| 0%
Quests: |||||||||| 90%

Chapter 2:
Terrain: |||||||||| 0%
Quests: |||||||||| 80%

Chapter 3:
Quests: |||||||||| 70%

Chapter 4:

Chapter 2:

Chapter 5:

Chapter 6:

Chapter 7:

Chapter 8:
Quests: |||||||||| 50%

Chapter 9:

Requests:
Maybe you guys can give me some story idea's. i will keep the progress in here 2
from time to time i will give some updates. i will probably pick some beta testers 2
:) if i need triggerers i will ask it here 2.

-Done- my first request is of someone could create a logo. i don't have prefers let your inspiration flow.
if multiple people create a Logo then i will just pick the best. -Credits to Orc and war3-

-in progress- An energy system + Sleep system whit Random attacks -General Ray / Sergeant Ray is working on it-

-in progress- Bleeding and critical strike system + weapon and armor damage system. -Azler is working on it-
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Project Recruitment:

As of now, i'm is recruiting members for his team. This is a big project and we really need anyone who can and will help. The following positions need to be filled:

Triggering & Scripting
General Ray(on PHQ)/Sergeant Ray(on Hive)is in charge of all GUI and JASS triggering, hence his title "Scripting Director". Under him he will need one more triggerer. These triggerers must be able to handle the majority of Triggering work handed to them. I will not accept anyone with little knowledge that is looking at this as a chance to learn. Slack is also not tolerated. Any trigger who fails to complete their work within a reasonable amount of time will have their position and title passed on to the next qualifying member.

Total Positions: 3
Positions Available: 0

Skinning & 3D Art
What is a project without custom art work? As of now we are looking for 2D and 3D artists. We currently have two separate positions open. We need an Art Director. The art Director must be able to do both 2D and 3D work. The art director must be experienced and quick, as well as be able to manage other artists. Under the Art Director, we need two artists. We require that we have filled skinner and one modeler, however you will only be given one of the positions, so apply for the one you are best at. Again the art must be decent, and you must use only a reasonable amount of time for the creations. This is also not your chance to learn. We want only experience. We will need examples of your work as proof of experience.

Positions available: 3

Terrainers
Aside of directing the project, i'm is also the terrain board director, because Ray says my terrains kick major ass. Under me, we need two terrainers. We will need screenshot examples of your terrains as proof of experience. As above, we need everything submitted within a reasonable amount of time.

Positions Available: 2

-----------------------------------------------------
Anyone who gives suggestions or comments toward stories and quests, as well as provides ideas, will be credited in the map. We look forward to putting together a successful team, and an even more successful project. Sign up people!

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Since you asked for my contribution on the Chat, here it is.

First, the last screenshot's sky seems to be cut. This can be fixed by taking the screenshot with a closer camera target distance.

Then the journal... the line jumps are really annoying. I understand the idea behind it (short diary pages), but reading it on a forum is still a little annoying, at least for me. But what really bothers me, and certainly everyone else, are the grammatical mistakes.
  • im ---> I am / I'm
  • i ---> I
  • "My parents died 2 years ago. so i thought," ---> "(...) I thought"

...and so on... but I'm not the best person to tell you about grammatical mistakes.

Level 8
i'm working on it. i have limited time and have Real life issues 2. the Grammatical errors are Right now not so important but they will be fixed soon.

Level 1
>The screenshots are very nice.
>Instead of the Journal you should have placed brief story. Reading the whole journal i was not interested
>gameplay features like number of quests in first map & some other things will be nice

Level 8
meh i think that would be spoiling to much. in the first place this is actually recruitment thread; :/ dunno wy Rui moved it. oO
but i think giving out what Quests etc would be to much spoiler :/

Level 1
meh i think that would be spoiling to much. in the first place this is actually recruitment thread; :/ dunno wy Rui moved it. oO
but i think giving out what Quests etc would be to much spoiler :/
Not all details. Giving the quests full details will be spoiler as you mentioned but some story behind the quests that can give hints about how the game will be like. The screenshots are making this look very good but some information about the quest story (instead of the journal) will be better. Like hint about the first quest only.

If you think that it will turn into a spoiler & the current information is enough then just take care of grammar in the first post a little.
The screenshots are seeming to be very nice.

Level 8
logof.gif

Update:
The last few weeks have been hard on me. many exams and stuff, so not much time to work on this. anyways i managed to Gather up an Update.

First off all to go more in-depth on Mathias Diary, Mathias is in some way following the Road Markus will follow. it describes the Area and if you read carefully you can find small spoilers about the Campaign and missions in it.
example, The Aano forest. he says over day its all peaceful and stuff but at Night it crawls whit werewolves. this can mean that the firs mission will have many things to do whit werewolves.

i also have been working on the story whit Bloodcount, a team member from Thehelper.net He has been a great help and thanks to him i have many Quests planned out in my head and many written down.

Progress:
Story: |||||||||| 20%
spells: |||||||||| 0%
Heroes: |||||||||| 0%
Systems: |||||||||| 0%
Overall: |||||||||| 10%

Chapter 1:
Terrain: |||||||||| 20%
Quests: |||||||||| 90%

Chapter 2:
Quests: |||||||||| 80%

Chapter 3:

Chapter 4:

Chapter 2:

Chapter 5:

Chapter 6:

Chapter 7:

Chapter 8:

Chapter 9:

Thanks to the story wise problems i have not been working on the terrain a lot. i did some minor changes and made some minor parts but nothing worth screenshots.

Now as some people complained that to less info on the chapters itself was added i will do that here and now.

Lets first start whit some history on Markus himself.

Markus lost Both his parents in an attack by werewolves on his village when he was very young.
He then grow up in an foster familie. at the Age of 10 they learned him how to fight whit an Axe.
when he was 15 he joined the Imperial Army. he Quickly grew out to a fine soldier.
when he did his 4 Years in the army he decided to become a Bounty hunter and to start a hunt of his own to.
he would find the werewolf that killed his parents.

Chapter 1:
20 Years later Markus got some tip about a werewolf rampaging in the forest of Aano for a pretty long time. he goes check it out and find out that this werewolf killed his parents. this is Chapter is mostly about taking revenge and
werewolves. this is also the Chapter where he will get his assignment.

Chapter 2:
while wandering to the Great forest of Baholderillias. you get surrounded by elves and locked up in their prison. this mission is about escaping the Prison and Destroying an Artifact. this Artifact had to be destroyed of you where to complete your task.

Chapter 3:
Before the Elves tried to kill Markus and the Prince an druid who was Guarding the crystal spoke about an great evil
getting released when the remaining 6 Seals where broken. he talked about a Mage called "Mino" locked up in his tower.
he wants to investigate this and travels to the far Library of mironak in the dessert of mirak.
When you arrive at the dessert you still have to search for the library witch has not been seen in 300 years.

This is as far as i will go whit this Update. The other missions are not very sure yet so i might just Throw the rest all back over again and start again on the story.

Last edited:
Level 8
:/ damn, are the typos really that bad? oO
Meh but that does not really explains wy people don't join my project...

Level 8
The Building Models I have used are High poly Buildings they are made by B2M on Wc3campaigns. I thought they looked nice so meh. and about the typos and grammar errors, it's really hard to find em when you have dyslexia... :cry:
Meh anyways i will ask Ray to find and destroy them. :spell_breaker:

Level 8
This thread was in Project recruitment and if you read the bottom you would see exactly who i need oO. Rui moved it :/ dunno wy doh oO. i will just create a New one...

Level 1
This thread was in Project recruitment and if you read the bottom you would see exactly who i need oO. Rui moved it :/ dunno wy doh oO. i will just create a New one...
The reason i think Rui would have moved it would have been that you were discussing the map there too. An additional thread for project recruitment will be O.K.

Level 4
I would be willing to test and give input...Also, if you need editing for style and grammar I could help with that as well...PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.