• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marine Wars v1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Marine War's 1.01 by BlackSunEmpire.

This is a new version of Marine War's a Survival/Shooting map by BlackSunEmpire.
So if you find some just post me. Any bug reporst, comments or suggestions are wellcome.

Map Info:
-Tile set: Lordaeron Summer
-Map size: 64x64
-Max number of players: 8
Gamplay:
Chose one of six marines whit unique skills. Explore the map and kill enemy marines. Find hidden power up that will help you a lot in battle. There is a three places where it will be created every 60 seconds. In the map are set three shops. You can buy items like weapons, armor or you can buy things like life or mana pills, also there are items that can be very helpful like land mines, remote mines or even bear traps.
In version 1.01 there is ally/unally system. Just write "-ally" to made ally or write "-unally" to break ally.
First player whit 50 kills is the winner.
For all other information check Map Info [F9].
Credits:
First of all thanks to testers of map and a very good friends: HbSi, SirStalker, M4r84rin, .ShadoWolf., bogovbog.

Other:
Thanks to Calex3 (didnt help me whit anything, that guy is just owesome)
Thanks to -Berzerker- (didnt help me whit anything, but that guy is owesome too)
Thanks to Paladon for his knocback system
Thanks NFWar for him sticky bomb and bear trap spell system
Thanks to Sheephunter for Bomb ability idea and some other things.|r

For icons and models from www.hiveworkshop.com thanks to:
JonNny, Darkfang, AlienArsonist, Hybred, Huinipachutli, zombie2279, The_Silent, HappyTauren, General Frank,
inhuman89, l0w_kwaliti, Nicklas, bigapple90, Dan van Ohllus, oh_snap, Mobilize, lelyanra, 4eNNightmare,
Elainiel, fagge, SexYFrostWyrM, KelThuzad, Narandza, NFWar, RED BARON, Chriz, shamanyouranus, WILLTHEALMIGHTY.
Change Log v1.01:
-Sniper have new model
-2 new items
-Gameplay improvments

I hope you will enjoy playing Marine War's.
Please rate and comment.
Any bug reports, commets or suggestions are wellcome.

Keywords:
Marine, War, Wars, Arena, shooting, fps, wood, offense, game, survival, jungle, wood
Contents

Marine Wars v1.01 (Map)

Reviews
12:06, 26th Maj 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected 20:03, 4th Sep 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

M

12:06, 26th Maj 2011
-Kobas-:
20:03, 4th Sep 2010
ap0calypse: Rejected (until updated)

Level 7
At first glance, map seems to be kind of small, without many strategic locations. Two of the classes look the same, so maybe you should change the appearance of one of those marines. The dwarf sniper just doesn't fit in at all. I've played other maps with lots more marine units, including a marine sniper, so maybe you should look at those maps and see where you can find the same models.

You should also really improve the description. Your credits and your emphasis on this map being a beta is pretty much the whole description with a sentence that actually gives some info about the game. Maybe add some screenshots and give more info about the game, and remove the huge emphasis on this being a beta version?

I'm not sure if other people will disagree with me or not, but this is my opinion of the map.

Rating: 3/5. Needs improvements.

Level 11
At first glance, map seems to be kind of small, without many strategic locations. Two of the classes look the same, so maybe you should change the appearance of one of those marines. The dwarf sniper just doesn't fit in at all. I've played other maps with lots more marine units, including a marine sniper, so maybe you should look at those maps and see where you can find the same models.

You should also really improve the description. Your credits and your emphasis on this map being a beta is pretty much the whole description with a sentence that actually gives some info about the game. Maybe add some screenshots and give more info about the game, and remove the huge emphasis on this being a beta version?

I'm not sure if other people will disagree with me or not, but this is my opinion of the map.

Rating: 3/5. Needs improvements.

first thanks for downloading and playing.
seconds: thanks for your review and suggestins.
i will do my best to improve map. +rep

Level 7
You're welcome. :) This is definitely seems like a promising map, just needs a bit of tweaking. I'm sure you'll probably get everything I noted in my post fixed over the next versions. And thanks for the rep point.

Level 18
Marine Wars v1.0 [BETA] Review

Marine Wars v1.0 [BETA] is a Survival map made by matej.

Well, this map isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Although it doesn't have anything new, original, groundbreaking, it still can be a bit fun at glances.

The terrain isn't bad. No blizzard cliffs, nice use of water, nice use of shrubs, nice use of the height tool. It looks quite okay. I can't complain a bit here.

Now, the heroes and the object editor. Everything works, the spells are okay, as well as the hotkeys. But the spells aren't much, some remind me of dota, some are just boring. But in overall it's okay.

Now the worst part is the gameplay. No game modes, only six heroes, only two shops, needs secrets, more things to vary the game and make it more interesting and competitive.

Also a very bad part of the map is your spelling. Ask someone to correct your spelling, since you have a lot of mistakes in spelling and grammar. That is quite bad and gives your map prejudice of being bad. Language is important.

You could also add some screenshots at the description here. Put them in hidden tags. Overall, not a bad map. I guess it could get a barely passing rating, and get approved to encourage you to work more on it.

Level 28
Basic map overview:
  • Avarage terrain (random shrubs, bad tileset, misplaced doodads).
  • Very poor spelling (an enormous amount of spelling- and grammatical mistakes).
  • Low gameplay value (only one thing to do in the entire game, not a single option).
  • Poor hero/spell editing.
  • No originality.

Edit: bounty, I disliked those shrubs - he placed one shrub every X points away, shrubs don't belong on paths or rocky area's.