• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
(1) Unacceptable
(2) Lacking
(3) Useful (wtf?!)
(4) Recommended
(5) Highly Recommended

||||||||||||
vvvvvvvvvvv

(1) Unacceptable
(2) Poor
(3) Solid
(4) Fair
(5) Excellent

Why? Well things like "useful" just don't make sense for maps. Since when is a map useful? And I don't like the recommended/highly recommended either. This is simpler and better for maps.

Thoughts?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The rating system is global, Ralle didn't create different ones for separate resource types.

I don't think I like «Solid» and «Fair». I'd rather have «Acceptable» for 3 and «Good» or «Exceeds Expectations» for 4. «Poor» is alright, but so is «Lacking».

Level 9
For a internet magazine I used to go to, tools, products and other electronics as such would be rated as this (NetGuide to be precise, a magazine about internet etc...)

(1) Don't bother
(2) Fair
(3) Good
(4) Very Good
(5) Excellent

However I would like to put it this way in my taste, however it might depend with others taste otherwise:

(1) Don't bother
(2) Poor
(3) Fair
(4) Very Good
(5) Excellent

Level 18
Heard of others talking about the sense behind that useful and I agree with you Void.

Fair to me doesn't sound like a 4 though.

Last edited:
Level 13
(1) Unaccaptable
(2) Lacking
(3) Good enough
(4) Great
(5) Excelent/Epic!

Mehh, I only don't like the "Usefull" rating like void said.
But those above are just suggestions.

I agree with this. The colours could use some work too (Eh, Resource Mods?).

I dislike the "Solid" the most. The rest are fine, but there are still other options. Out of everything I've seen I personally like the following (I've added some, but following the same principles of other given ideas.):

1/5 - Unacceptable
2/5 - Lacking
3/5 - Decent / Fair / Acceptable / Average / Meets Expectations
4/5 - Recommended / Above Average / Fully Meets Expectations
5/5 - Highly Recommended / Exceeds Expectations

l0w_kwaliti brings up a good point about the Recommend filters though, and that sort of changes the appropriateness of the above titles.

Level 38
For a internet magazine I used to go to, tools, products and other electronics as such would be rated as this (NetGuide to be precise, a magazine about internet etc...)

(1) Don't bother
(2) Fair
(3) Good
(4) Very Good
(5) Excellent

I like these, they could be applied to just about anything to. As for colors, maybe you could go WoW/Diablo item enchantment color codes for them, like

Don't bother
Fair
Good
Very Good
Excellent

Directors Cut

But ya, the current map ratings don't really fit maps :/

Level 10
Dreadnought[dA];1231705 said:
Beyond Terrible
Poor
Fair
Good
Excellent

I lol'd at Beyond Terrible haha, no motivation to make your resource better like getting that rating.

I don't like unacceptable for 1 because the map was in fact, accepted.

Poor
Below Average
Average
Above Average
Amazing/Excellent

Level 13
What hawk is saying is kinda true...

Maybe there should just be 3 levels of it?
1 - Unaccaptable 2 - Accaptable 3 - Outstanding!
And the users can vote with 5 levels.

A mod doesn't has to "really" vote for it.
Just check if it's accaptable or not, or if it's really special.

Level 17
Are we giving opinions on what the rating should be?
1 - Unsatisfactory/Trash/Not playable
2 - Mediocre/Needs improvement/Below expectation
3 - Satisfactory/Adequate/Playable
4 - Excellent/Great/Well made
5 - Perfection/Amazing/Beyond Excellence

Level 38
An approved resource would never receive 1/5.

Well, a select few approved skins and maps actually did get a 1/5. Btw, if you ever run into a true/false question that has the words never or always in it it is usually false :xxd:

But I think this was mostly the case for resources that were improved from a lower rating and no one bothered to give it a higher rating :/
and as-is, people are generally reserving 1/5 for resources that are unapprovable, and few 2/5s are even given to approved resources. From looking at the ratings of everything currently rated, it seems that most people interpret the scale with 3 or 4 as average.

Of course, the rating 1/5 can help people figure out what to avoid with regards to pending resources, so having 1/5 be for a failed resource will still have some functionality.

Well, a select few approved skins and maps actually did get a 1/5. Btw, if you ever run into a true/false question that has the words never or always in it it is usually false :xxd:

But I think this was mostly the case for resources that were improved from a lower rating and no one bothered to give it a higher rating :/
and as-is, people are generally reserving 1/5 for resources that are unapprovable, and few 2/5s are even given to approved resources. From looking at the ratings of everything currently rated, it seems that most people interpret the scale with 3 or 4 as average.

Of course, the rating 1/5 can help people figure out what to avoid with regards to pending resources, so having 1/5 be for a failed resource will still have some functionality.

I've never seen a 1/5 on an approved resource.

Level 14
1. Unacceptable (Rejected)
2. Needs Work (Rejected until updated)
3. Mediocre (Rejected until updated/Approved)
4. Good (Approved)
5. Recommended (Approved)

I don't know, although the system is sound, mediocre is a menacing word for an "average" quality resource.

Why not pick a syn. for it: common, adequate, fair, ordinary, passable, tolerable, undistinguished, average, decent

~Asomath

Level 17
1. Unacceptable (Rejected)
2. Needs Work (Rejected until updated)
3. Mediocre (Rejected until updated/Approved)
4. Good (Approved)
5. Recommended (Approved)
I thought this thread was created to get rid of the "recommended" rating.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I agree with this. The colours could use some work too (Eh, Resource Mods?).

I dislike the "Solid" the most. The rest are fine, but there are still other options. Out of everything I've seen I personally like the following (I've added some, but following the same principles of other given ideas.):

1/5 - Unacceptable
2/5 - Lacking
3/5 - Decent / Fair / Acceptable / Average / Meets Expectations
4/5 - Recommended / Above Average / Fully Meets Expectations
5/5 - Highly Recommended / Exceeds Expectations

l0w_kwaliti brings up a good point about the Recommend filters though, and that sort of changes the appropriateness of the above titles.
Hawkwing can you PM me with what you guys end with?

We had a similar topic in the moderator forums a while ago. This is kinda what we ended up with.

Ughh. Please god, not cyan for Highly Recommended. How about this?

6/5 Director's Cut - Highly Recommended
5/5 Highly Recommended
4/5 Recommended
3/5 Useful
2/5 Lacking
1/5 Unacceptable

Good thing, but deleted and rejected should also get a
'0/5 Deleted/Rejected' thing.

I like the a bit dark green for director's cut, and maybe keep the other neutral while unacceptable is red?

I didn't really go anywhere last time though, as usual. Which is a shame because I'd like it to change too.

I don't like unacceptable for 1 because the map was in fact, accepted.
Same. I never rate models 1/5 just because "Unacceptable" sounds like it shouldn't be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.