• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW unjustice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
There is a sad truth that is true on THW, which is that some of the "rules" aren't the same for everyone and aren't respected by everyone.

The rules i am talking about are:
Spells using non-recycling "indexing systems" will not be accepted.
Submissions must be useful; extremely simple and uncreative work will not be accepted, and nor will cinematic spells or other spells which have no place in a game.

Now when the purge was announced i took a look at my whole work i put on THW in the spell section, here is an overview of that work:
Code:
Tempest Dance spell - 4.67(6 votes) rating - Highly Recommended - 906 DL

Simple Systems - 0(0 votes) - Recommended - 216 Downloads

Deep Impact Spellpack - 5(5 votes) rating - Recommended - 840 DL

Delayed Firebal - 0(0 votes) rating - Recommended - 362 DL

Shadow Crossing - 4.33(3 votes) rating - not reviewed - 365 DL

Bloodlust Craze[Request] - 0(0 votes) rating - Recommended - 358 DL

Phys. Blast & Kine. Shockwave - 4(1 vote) rating - not reviewed - 334 DL

Ruinous Onslaught - 5(2 votes) rating - not reviewed - 271 DL

Pulse Polarity - 4.67(3 votes) rating - not reviewed - 253 downloads

Now by understanding the rules all of these spells must have used recycling indexes no matter be they aproved or not, however today i see that even the most simplest spells are getting aproved, no matter be they using the recycling indexing systems or not....

I didn't save my resources from the purge because i thought that rules actualy mean something.

So to be fair, i left my resources to be deleted, knowing that they should be deleted since they don't use recycling indexes, no matter that they are all in the ratings of recommended-high recommended by the spell mods.

But now i see that the rules matter not, since spells which use no recycling indexing methods and simple as OE spells are getting aproved which you can understand made me angry.

So i ask the staff who put the rules on THW:
Are they real? I acted accordingly to the rules, i knew that the standard isn't fullfilled and i didn't save my resources from the purge to see what? Other simpler resources getting aproved?
The standard of quality on THW is drasticaly falling down since the rules seem to matter not, this used to be one of my favorite WC3 sites now i am not sure anymore...

So to sumarize:
When i asked PurplePoot will my resources be accepted if they are aproved but not using recycling indexing he said something like "Yes, doing otherwise would defy the purpose of the purge". But as far as i can see the only thing that happened is that i got screwed.
People are getting their spells aproved even if they aren't using index recycling, but it seems my resources couldn't cut it for the same reason?

I spent time on those resources, 3 of those were requested by other THW members, all of those took me some time to make and on the end when i thought that i was doing the right thing, the thing that should have been done by all, when i thought i will be raising the standard of this site by not allowing such "poorly" coded spells in the spell section i got screwed....

Shame on you THW, shame on you....

2vjueyb.jpg

Level 25
This is not a thread i made to get my spells reviewed, or back on THW, i made this thread so that the public can see that the rules are obviously bendable on this site.

It is time THW made a decision to either have really good resources or define the rules as they should be.

If those rules once aplied to my resources(or anyones for that sake) what makes them not apply on the resources after the purge?

That is why i want to know if the rules actualy apply to all the same, or are they changeable as it seems...

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Hello Kingz
I am sorry that my site has disappointed you.

The spells section at it's current state is a mess and we are doing what we can to clean it up.

I currently am not very aware of what is going on in the spells section other than I am trying to get the amount of pending resources down.

I don't think that you should have deleted your spells yourself cause the spells section is very flexible and we haven't found a proper figure for it to work out for us yet.

Perhaps you have ideas for us to improve the spells section.

Once again, I am sorry for having disappointed you.

Level 25
I didn't delete my spells, i just followed the rules...

Anyway thanks for replying to the thread, even though i think the spell section rules should be followed directly or change :p

Thanks for the reply, the thread can now be closed, since nobody but you seem to care anyway.

Level 25
I would be satisfied if the whole thing would just get resolved.

On one hand we got the rules saying that only top notch GUI spells will be aproved, on the other loads of newer spells don't meet those requirements...

So you should decide whether to actualy stick to those rules or lessen the rules.

So far this whole thing is just hypocritical, rules say something while in reality it is different...

Status
Not open for further replies.