• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Maybe somebody already said this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'd like to be able to give reputation even to images, resources and in the chat, not only to posts. I have been helped in the chat many times, and some resources are so good that their creator deserves reputation. Drawings in image galleries should be "reputatable" too.
I also think people should be somehow forced to vote the resources they download. the rating system for downloaders is so useless, now. Nobody votes the maps and the resources he tries.
If I made any grammar mistakes please tell me about them.
If these things have already been asked then give me a link of the other thread which contains these propositions and lock this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 40
  • Resources: This is already possible, except the Spells section; the new Spells section which will allow this hasn't been added yet.
  • Chat: Find a post of theirs and rep it. Clicking their icon on the user list brings you to their profile, from where you can find their posts easily.
  • As for forced voting on resources: that makes no sense. Rating it before you have the chance to test it?

Level 9
Ok I'll rep random posts writing the real reason.
It's not really a problem, but if you add the possibility to add reputation in the Spells section, you could do it even in the images galleries, and the chat. It's not a problem being without this feature, but it's not a problem being with this feature, then why shouldn't it be done?
About forced voting: I know, that wouldn't make sense, if you force people to rate right after the download. But at least for the Hive's members you could do something after they had time to try the resources, because you "know where they live".
This would be tricky though.
The point is that actually the rating system for the downloaders is quite useless...
If you don't want to fix it, you can even remove it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 40
The only places in which you can't directly rep is the chat (which makes sense), image galleries (now I get what you meant), and the Spells section, since it hasn't been updated yet, as I said. Off-Topic and Something Else don't count: rep was disabled there for a reason. Chat really shouldn't be reppable, but seeing as it's not permanent either way it makes no sense to have a rep button linking there.

As for image galleries, why would you want to rep people for random images they have in their profile? The whole MySpace profile thing is silly anyways. However, I can sort of see your point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.