• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map file too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Warcraft 3 wont open my map becaues it says "Map File is too big, please select other map", but I can open this normally with Wolrd Editor. What should I do ? Is this the map size, like 2 MB, 800 KB, etc ? I've seen map with bigger size that don't have this problem.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Oki, wait, I don't know how to attach.

EDIT: Based on the main map creator I can't give nothing right now without finishing and protecting the map. OMG, isn't there anything you can do without it ? :/

Level 16
Compress your files in your map to reduce the map size. Compression is a method used to usually decrease
the quality and file size of a file. Your map can be compressed and the files (imports) inside your map can
also be compressed.

There is not much you can do to compress model files.

Compress your files in your map to reduce the map size. Compression is a method used to usually decrease
the quality and file size of a file. Your map can be compressed and the files (imports) inside your map can
also be compressed.

There is not much you can do to compress model files.

You can "compress" model files using MDX Squisher (here) or GhostWolf's MDX/M3 optimizer (here).

Other than that, do what Radicool suggested and you should be able to get your file size down. 11 MB is not that much at all. You can easily take it below the limit if your stuff are currently uncompressed. Just use those tools.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
/\ and isn't there anyway to bypass this ? Like "screw 8mb" ? The compressor worked for me, 5 mb the file is now. But I'm afraid if soon it happens again

Status
Not open for further replies.