• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help! File size too big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have map what isnt completely done, and it sizes 4.7 mbits!

I cannot do further my map, its supposed to be hosted on BNet but it has too huge file size!

And WC3 Optimizer reduced my map by 3 or 5 % of size!, then it Costed 4.6 mbit (I got alot of models in it)

I know there is way to at least reduce it to 400 kb, couse map BattleTanks have same thing and it costed few kb, but it has more models than me!

Please help!
I dont know what to do... How to reduce my map size at least to 2 mbit or 1 mbit...

Level 28
Try to choose your models more carefully, models with size 400+KB are supposed to be in single-player games, not b.net games.
Make sure all models are under 200Kb (except they really fit in your map).

Also, too much custom models will lead to a disorganized map, where some models don't fit.
Maps where some models don't fit, but are added because they look nice are usually not good
Blizzard models are really good, so it's best to delete some of the custom ones.

If you're using sounds/music: lower the quality of the music/sound

Status
Not open for further replies.