• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
First off i want to say this was a very good map for being old i know how hard it must be to be making this since i am a map maker myself the terraining and visuals are great. I think what you have done with the map so far is very good im hoping to see the new demo since this is old from what im hearing but this is a very good job for being old.

But one thing i would like to talk about is Will you be adding instances such as in westfall deadmines or molten core or ahn quriaj or scarletmonestary
for better loot for the heros.

I would like to suggest something for the hunter to an ability to switch him to melee if he is soloing and his pet dies, Sinice in WoW most hunters melee weapon is just for stats and wingcliping you should make a skill so that hunters should beable to switch to less dmg but beable to melee so he isn't so screwed because raptor strike isnt good because its not very good damage.

Another thing i would like to suggest is if this is going to multiplayer maybe a duel system or gurubashi arena. and if a gurubashi arena maybe have the treasure system like in wow i belive its every 3 or 6 hours they have the event it would be a very awesome thing to see and when it starts a bunch of npcs go in.

And will there be new things such as the crafting system enchants on weapons/armor (I know this will be hard to do but its just a suggestion)

Tailoring for bags to hold things if you want to do something like that, If you get a tailor to make you a bag that holds 12 slots you open it and theres 1 inventory of 6 and then switch to another inventory so it would fill out the remaining 6 so people can hold onto their crafting materials

Also Rare mobs like in wow that drop good loot when killed but aren't seen alot the higher the level of them the better the loot

When you go to the place where you can either go north to orgimmar or east to what ever the game restarts and goes to the load or start a new game

And there is a Treasure chest model around hive workshop im pretty sure make that have 100 health and add a loot table to it 1% chance for some green or blue weapons and maybe a 50% chance for materials for crafting and a 4% chance for some armor and a 45% chance for a healing potion and allow a maximum of 4 items to drop and ther higher the area your at the higher the lvl of item

And finnaly not to make it sound like this map isn't bad its just some suggestion's to add to make your map more wowish but once again a good map i enjoyed it for what ive seen so far and i know its not close to being done and its an old demo but its a good job from what ive seen so far gj keep up the good work
-Yabooer
[Edit: While playing i found out south of ogrimmar is the human town when you enter it and kill the dwarven snipers shooting at nothing when you kill them they come back alive shooting nothing again but there not alive the models are just there shooting.]

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
hey Yaboor. What u heard about the demo being old is true, and try to read a bit more on the forums maybe to see what stuff will be included later and btw, yep it will be multiplayer in the final version but not in the demos. About the instances, i think they said on these forums that they would include simple instances like RFC (ragefire chasm) :D.

Level 25
We will not only include just simple instances, we will also include other instances as well. But the simple ones are the ones we're focussing on the most right now since you can't even get to 40 in the demo (Haven't added any zones lvl 13+ yet.)
Duelling in Gurubashi Arena will be available I am sure once we get up to it. Won't be soon though.
Professions such as Enchanting and Leatherworking will be included. But not until we get more areas done. We'll probably include it once we get Wailing Caverns done.
We'll worry about a more advanced bag-system later...
There is no looting system yet, so rare creeps would be pointless at this stage.
About the human base and the riflemen, I know. It was just added for show. The human base is actually a poor version of Tiragarde Keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.